Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sonisphere 2015

• 16-01-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭

Ain't happening guys, or at least that's what i'm hearing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭hellyeah

If im honest im not surprised, no announcement, headline acts etc.been to both soni and donnington and always preferred donni. Going this year. Looking forward to announcement end of month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So basically this festival has never been put on without having Maiden or Tallica about.

Hopefully means see big acts in lower slots at DL too although mightn't be great for emerging acts.

Supposedly members of the Soni team have claimed inability to secure AC/DC & them touring around their usual weekend(s) really dented chances of putting together a bill, they say they'll be back in the UK in 2016.

• Site Banned Posts: 15 Hinomaru

Disappointing to hear this. I was at last years event and it was great. I read some articles and there making the excuse of not having a "good enough line up"

A load of nonsense if you ask me. Metal needs to move on from Maiden/Metallica at some stage. Give some newer bands higher billing. Let them grow a larger fanbase. My favorite thing about festivals is not the headliners but the bands you discover and start listening too, expanding your music horizons.

Advertisement