Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching options

• 16-01-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am a leaving cert student and with the cao looming I am thinking of getting into second level teaching, the subjects I have narrowed it down to is History/Religion/English (and biology but i cannot see anyway of getting a combination here) and what I want to know is which subjects or subject combinations from these 3 are most in demand at the moment

Is there anyway i could do a one-year add-on course in one of the subjects afterwards?

Also what is the story with HDip after i graduate?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

History and English is the most common combination and practically impossible to find a job in. Be prepared with any of the subjects you mentioned to be working part-time with less than half hours for up to ten years before getting anything close to full hours.

Please have a look in the Teaching and Lecturing forum to get a realistic idea of what teaching is like.

There is no H.Dip. any more. They have made it a two year, very expensive Masters Degree.

Advertisement