Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

house extension

• 16-01-2015 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Looking for some advice on a house extension I have 12000 Is there any chance i would get one built

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sefay wrote: »
    Looking for some advice on a house extension I have 12000 Is there any chance i would get one built

Yes of course you can. It will be small though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sefay

How small tho i thinking 15 foot wide by 10 foot. But electrics and roof by family members

sefay wrote: »
    How small tho i thinking 15 foot wide by 10 foot. But electrics and roof by family members

150 sq feet would be approx €22k to build. That can vary though based on who is doing what.

For 12k you might just about get walls, floor and roof structure but nothing in between, no window or nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Foundation will be around 4000-5000, roof 3000-5000, walls 2000-3000, + windows doors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lbp2010

Hi - did you end up getting quotes for your extension?

I'm looking to maybe buy a bit of a 'fixer upper' but would need to gut the whole house and then do a double side extension (and possibly double back extension) before moving in. I'd love to get some ballpark figures on sq ft /sq mtr basis?

• Advertisement

Lbp2010 wrote: »
    Hi - did you end up getting quotes for your extension?

I'm looking to maybe buy a bit of a 'fixer upper' but would need to gut the whole house and then do a double side extension (and possibly double back extension) before moving in. I'd love to get some ballpark figures on sq ft /sq mtr basis?

Allow 1200-1500 per square meter.
    Also allow for planning fees and contributions and professional fees.

Advertisement