Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wi-Fi

Options
  • 16-01-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Help !!!!!!!

Has anyone got experience of this problem? I have tried a few different broad band routers in my house. The incoming broad band is perfect. My problem is the Wi-Fi. I lose the Wi-Fi connection. When I look for Wi-Fi networks I don’t see my own network but I do see two others in my area. My present router is a Huawei B593 working on Meteor 4g network. It worked fine for two days then this problem started again. It can work fine for a few hours then it stops. It can come back for a few minutes and go again. It works fine through the lan cable connected to PC. My phone has no problem with other Wi-Fi networks. I have brought a Wi-Fi modem that works perfect in another house into mine and I have the same problem with that. Any idea’s please. It seems to be something in my house causing the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try changing the wireless channel. Do you have cordless phones/video senders? Get a aprogram called InSSIDer, this will show you what channels your neighbours wifi are on. Try to avoid those. http://www.inssider.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Glenealyman

Thanks for the input bonzodog2. The channel is currently set to auto. There are 13 channels, so I will experiment with those. Would the channel change randomly when set to auto or does it stay on what ever one it picks on power up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

That prob depends on the router. It may try to find a vacant one when it boots up, but I think its unlikely to randomly change it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Since this has occurred over multiple routers, the issue is obviously your device. What are you using to connect to the wifi, Laptop, phone, tablet? What OS if its a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Glenealyman

Update : I think bonzodog2 may have hit the nail on the head. Router was on channel 3 everything worked fine for about 12 hours. Then I lost Wi-Fi I checked output and it had changed to C4 . There was no power down it just changed randomly . I manually put it back on C3 . It has been there since 21.00 last night and still working perfectly . Fingers crossed it will keep going. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

run this to see does it fix the problem.
    http://www.iobit.com/

Advertisement