Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've never! gaming edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have never intentionally 100%ed a game or gone after trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Skerries wrote: »
    I have never intentionally 100%ed a game or gone after trophies

I had gotten every trophy bar one on the original Borderlands just through actual gameplay. Decided to go after it just to get the 100%. I did feel a little dirty afterwards. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Never played any Nintendo games bar a few on the Game Boy Advance and the Wii nor have I played any Microsoft exclusives.

I've only owned PlayStation consoles myself and just played a few Nintendo titles on my sibling's consoles. I've always had too many games to keep me occupied on the systems I own to be honest! :)

I've never enjoyed the Mario games and hate Nintendo recycling their 1st party stories.

Great gameplay in Zelda and Metroid but let's get a some writers in please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JTER

I never met a worthy Goldeneye opponent :D

I never finished Skyrim - despite 400+ hours ( damn mods - dozens of restarts and general exploring)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

JTER wrote: »

Challenge accepted.

I've never played GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Never played as an evil god in Black and White.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

JTER wrote: »

Challenge accepted.

I have never played Goldeneye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I have never played any final fantasy's nor zelda games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I've never played [off the top of me head]:

- Legend of Zelda series
    - Metal Gear series
    - Assassin's Creed series
    - Gears of War 2&3
    - Mario games past Mario 64, including Kart
    - Resident Evil games, besides RE2
    - Golden Eye
    - Most "Popular" games of recent years I guess...

On a side note, I have never finished [Mainly RPGs]:

- Final Fantasy 8, 9, 10 & 12... even though I regard myself as a big fan of the series! Seriously looking forward to FF 15, looks amazing.
    • FF8, lost a disc so I couldn't finish the game.
    • FF9, fecking save file got corrupted TWICE from the cheap memory unit you got with the PS1.
    • F10, PS2 broke so never got around to finishing the game.
    • F12, Same reason... PS2 broke.
    - Ocean Star: Till the End of Time & The Last Hope
    • End of Time, PS2 broke.
    • Last Hope, burnt me out doing everything being the perfectionist I am... which is an oxymoron considering I never finished! :p
    - Lost Odyssey: Was just too busy to finish it, even though the game had amazing graphics and stories in it. Was a fantastic game, will have to finish it at some point.
    - Tales of Vesperia: Totally burnt myself out quick and lost interest with the stupidly slow process of LEARNING TO COOK!!
    - Enchanted Arms: Horrible game!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Never played Final Fantasy, although honestly that doesn't seem that odd. I'm getting the strong impression here that, at least outside Japan, Final Fantasy is kind of a niche game series. A large niche, but still a niche. It's well-known amongst gamers because the following it does have is devoted but it's not quite mainstream.

Never owned a PS1 or PS2.
    Never bought/thoroughly played any Pokemon games, even though I was a kid when it was crazy popular.
    Never paid to play online.
    Never finished a Half Life game despite being a PC gamer.
    Never won through domination in Civ 5 (I've spent over 200 hours on Civ 5 and I rarely lose).

C14N wrote: »
    Never played Final Fantasy, although honestly that doesn't seem that odd. I'm getting the strong impression here that, at least outside Japan, Final Fantasy is kind of a niche game series.

Niche ? It's always in the top 10 charts, for quite awhile, when they're released... :o

FF15 is going to be no different, it's been 6 years since FF13 (2009) [14's an MMO], and MANY are eagerly looking forward to it... just looks awesome :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

C14N wrote: »
    Never finished a Half Life game despite being a PC gamer.

For shame!!!

I've never cleared Planescape Torment, even though i recommend it to everyone.
    I've never played as Femshep.
    I've never won a game of Civ5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I've never owned a Sega console despite starting gaming in 1993.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My western RPG completion rate is pathetic. Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 and 2, all the classics really I barely touched.

In my defence I had an irrational negative view of western RPGs for a long time... which isn't a defence, it's just plain idiotic, just as idiotic as the people that say turn based games and RPGs are crap. Anyway I got over it in the last few years and realise how stupid it was (and I was playing them totally wrong to begin with).

The only Lucas Arts point and click I finished was the first Monkey Island depsite having played most of them.

Never finished Deus Ex.

Plenty of JRPG classics I never finished either, Valkyrie Profile, Dragon Quest 5, Shin Megami Tensei 3, etc. The list is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,352 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I never played:

A Zelda game.

An Assassins Creed game

A Hitman game

A Pokemon game

A Half-Life game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The only Lucas Arts RPG I finished was the first Monkey Island depsite having played most of them.

Monkey Island... an RPG? o.O;

Oops had RPG on the brain. Should have gotten up earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I've never played an MMO.

I've never owned a playstation 2.

I've never convinced Retr0gamer to finish an awesome game I recommend to him. Ie SUPER MEAT BOY / Black Mesa. I could go on!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Praetorian wrote: »
    I've never convinced Retr0gamer to finish an awesome game I recommend to him. Ie SUPER MEAT BOY / Black Mesa. I could go on!

I finished Black Mesa, the game just wasn't finished itself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I have never played WoW, any Tank game, Dota or Portal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I've never owned a Sony console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Dair76 wrote: »
    I've never owned a Sony console.

You dawg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I never owned;
    • Nintendo 64
    • Super Nintendo
    • NES
    • Gameboy

I never played;
    • Any Zelda game
    • Any Metroid Game
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • ICO
    • A raid on World of Warcraft (I've been level 80 for about 2 years)
    • Every Resident Evil game except 1, 4 and 5

I never finished;
    • Final Fantasy VII (Reason: I can't beat the last boss, so I gave up)
    • Sonic The Hedgehog 1/2/3/S&K (Despite owning all of them for about 20 years, I've never finished a single one. Either I lost all my lives or I gave up)
    • Fallout: New Vegas (My Xbox Achievements would suggest otherwise, but I refuse to finish the game since it disallows playability past the game's finale)
    • Any Command and Conquer game (I own every one of the main games, and I've never finished a single one)

I've never liked;
    • Half-Life
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Anything else done by Valve (except Left 4 Dead)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is this thread just an illuminati cover to try and find the people who have never played Journey so them can be lifetime insta-banned?
    Cause if not... it should be.... I'm just saying :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I never owned;
    • Nintendo 64
    • Super Nintendo
    • NES
    • Gameboy

I never played;
    • Any Zelda game
    • Any Metroid Game
    • Shadow of the Colossus
    • ICO
    • A raid on World of Warcraft (I've been level 80 for about 2 years)
    • Every Resident Evil game except 1, 4 and 5

I never finished;
    • Final Fantasy VII (Reason: I can't beat the last boss, so I gave up)
    • Sonic The Hedgehog 1/2/3/S&K (Despite owning all of them for about 20 years, I've never finished a single one. Either I lost all my lives or I gave up)
    • Fallout: New Vegas (My Xbox Achievements would suggest otherwise, but I refuse to finish the game since it disallows playability past the game's finale)
    • Any Command and Conquer game (I own every one of the main games, and I've never finished a single one)

I've never liked;
    • Half-Life
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Anything else done by Valve (except Left 4 Dead)

Bloody hell sir. Your name is highly inaccurate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

COYVB wrote: »
    Bloody hell sir. Your name is highly inaccurate

Well, although half the things I mentioned seem a lot. I haven't mentioned the games I HAVE played/finished and consoles I have owned. If I was to present that list to you, my name would be justified :P

Advertisement