If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Situation which needs addressing by Richer Sounds

Options
  • 17-01-2015 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a good friend who is not very tech savvy.  He needed a new tv for Christmas just gone so I did some research and then did a price search.  Having found the best deal to be with Richer Sounds I sent him the link and they took the order at the price advertised and then proceeded to charge his card plus the 50 euro delivery to the Republic.  Several days later they rang to say that the tv will not be available at the agreed price and that they can send it for a higher price (in the region of 200-250 euro more).  

My friend objected to the fact that the advertisement he had found from Richer Sounds with the price shown was the price he fixed with the shop and was charged for.  He was told that it can't be done and regardless of how many times he called to speak to a manager he was denied access to one and his order was cancelled.  Due to the fluctuation in the euro vs sterling he lost 50 euro when his money was refunded to his card.  He was also out of pocket by roughly the same sum with all the calls to the +44 number. 

I am writing here to ask Richer Sounds if they will take accountability for this poor customer service and sort out this situation for my friend.  I am quite sure he would be able to take this further due to his card being charged for something and then having the goods refused to him at the agreed price but it would be better for all involved and for Richer Sounds reputation to have this situation fixed amicably and fairly which is why I am addressing the situation here.

Please pm me at my email address if you require further information regarding the situation.

Ronan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ronan,

many thanks for your post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm not familiar with this and to be honest I cannot discuss it with you -as we can only discuss any charges or issues directly with the actual Customer to protect their privacy. ( I have sent you a PM via Boards as I don't have your email address).

As above I don't have any information on this transaction - my own email is published at the bottom of every one of my posts as is my office number (unfortunately I'm not in the office today but I'm there most weekdays) so they can mail me directly at johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll look into the issue and revert asap.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention and I hope to hear from your friend,

Best regards,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Muggy1971,

As John has outlined above, this issue will be dealt with directly between Richersounds and the customer concerned and cannot be discussed with a third party for privacy reasons.

Accordingly, I'm closing this thread.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.