Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Academy Venue

Options
  • 17-01-2015 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

(my first post, sorry for any possible breaches of etiquette I don't know of)

There's an indie musician called King Charles coming to Dublin at the end of February, and it's 18 and over. The venue is the Academy, so they obviously want to sell booze. I'm 16 and look about 14. My question is, are the Academy generally forgiving about this kind of thing? I've heard very mixed advice from people on this. While I look young, I don't look like trouble, hardly scumbag material.
    Tickets are only 15 euro, so it's not much skin off my nose if I turn up and amn't allowed in. Would they let me in? I've never been to the Academy before, so I wouldn't know. Thoughts?

Comments

The input I have for you isn't positive - Yeah they sell booze at the gigs and the doormen are quite strict. I would be quite surprised if you were admitted to the venue if it is an over 18s show. It sucks but as you said it is only 15 euro, give it a try and see. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Not a hope, The doorstaff are really on the ball there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Yeah if it was any other venue I'd say go for it, I wasn't ID'd the last time I was there but I think that was the first time ever I haven't been checked going in, I wouldn't advise it anyway but sure you could give it a go and hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

No chance, I'm 26 and I got ID'd going in the last time I was there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Not a friggin hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Isilduhrr

Ok. thanks. I guess I'll miss it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

I remember I was playing the Academy, and I got ID'd and I'm only 16 and I had to get the promoter down to explain the situation and I had to leave after my set

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Fake ID, or borrow one from someone that looks like you

Advertisement