Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Accommodation - Sub let

Options
  • 17-01-2015 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on getting short term accommodation in London for the months of July and August.

I am currently teaching abroad but have teaching work lined up in London for the summer months. I do have the option of residential accommodation with the company, but would prefer to live elsewhere if possible :-)

Is 'spareroom' still the best option for finding short term accommodation? Or are there any other websites you would recommend?

I lived in London for two years (up until last year actually), so am not a London novice by any means.......but know how much of a pain the accommodation situation can be!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on getting short term accommodation in London for the months of July and August.

I am currently teaching abroad but have teaching work lined up in London for the summer months. I do have the option of residential accommodation with the company, but would prefer to live elsewhere if possible :-)

Is 'spareroom' still the best option for finding short term accommodation? Or are there any other websites you would recommend?

I lived in London for two years (up until last year actually), so am not a London novice by any means.......but know how much of a pain the accommodation situation can be!

Thanks!!

Try Airbnb as well - sometimes students etc. let their place on it while they're away fir a couple of months, or people who are happy with a longer booking than a few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Hey all,

Thanks!!

Try some of the colleges as they would have vacancies in the student accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 allic

Air bnb is your best bet id say! moving over to work in two weeks time! am also a teacher! what kind of teaching are you doing over the summer? i wont be getting paid for holidays so would love to find out if there is work I can do that will keep me going over the holidays!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've found all my palaces through spareroom, had a three month place as my contract was only three months in my school. Whereabouts are you teaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

I've found all my palaces through spareroom, had a three month place as my contract was only three months in my school. Whereabouts are you teaching?

I just went the residential option in the end.....I'll be teaching near Oxford Street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement