Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland dormant accounts

Options
  • 17-01-2015 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Haven't lived in Ireland for 10 years and every time I try to get money from my old Bank of Ireland account I get nothing but hassle.

Now for the latest - I went to my old branch when I was home during the week asking to be put on Banking 365 so I could transfer money to my UK account. They went "ah yeah grand, no problems" and put me on.

Then yesterday found I can't because it's dormant. Only way to get money out is going back into my branch and presenting with passport - which they could have told me when I was there (surely mentioning I lived in UK for 10 years should trigger that? Sounds like standard customer service to me.).

And yet they have no issues taking 5 euros every quarter off my account.

Has anyone else had similar issues and resolved this? I need the cash badly and I'm in no humour to fly to that poxy branch just to do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It's likely enough they'll accept a letter but you'd probably have to include a certified copy of photo ID. Ask in the BOI forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 liam_2009

It's likely enough they'll accept a letter but you'd probably have to include a certified copy of photo ID. Ask in the BOI forum.

Grand - that sounds sensible. Thanks a mill, see how it goes...

Advertisement