Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallet Recovered

Options
  • 17-01-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was out, "lost" my wallet the wallet was returned to me with everything expect the money. Should I ring my bank to cancel the card just in case they took down the number ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Deub

I would because, as you said, they may have taken down your card details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I would also. Very unlikely but it wouldn't be something I'd want to risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

CoreInside wrote: »
    I was out, "lost" my wallet the wallet was returned to me with everything expect the money. Should I ring my bank to cancel the card just in case they took down the number ?

I definitely would. It's better just to be on the safe side. They may be used make online purchases or just to rack up a large bill for you.

At least if you cancel you'll have peace of mind and the worst thing that will happen will be that you have a few days to wait for replacement cards.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Definitely ring, it's in the T&Cs that if the card is out of your possession (lost or stolen), or that someone may have your details, you must inform the bank straight away. If someone did take down your details, and then started using them in a couple of weeks, the bank could refuse to reimburse you for any fraudulent transactions, if you hadn't informed them that you'd lost the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, there's nothing a thief likes better than having a credit card (or the details) that is not yet reported stolen. In your case it's possible that a few transactions could be clocked up on the card which you wont notice until they show up on your next bill at which stage you will probably be liable to pay for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement