Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday present for 7 months pregnant wife

Options
  • 17-01-2015 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

My wife is 7 months pregnant and her birthday is coming up soon. I'm looking for ideas for a birthday present for her. Has anyone any recommendations? I was thinking of getting her a day out at a spa or a massage or something along these lines.

Any pregnant women had a nice experience of something like this that they would like to share?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Jewellery.I know when I was pregnant the last thing I wanted was to have to go anywhere I didn't absolutely have to go ... Tiredness is the enemy of pregnant women ... I would suggest that a present should be for the woman not the mother ... So again jewellery is my suggestion. Good luck with new arrival ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I personally would love a massage or spa day, a lovely relaxing treat to soothe aching muscles! I have one planned at 28 weeks and my friend is having one at 37 weeks soon. Not everyone is too tired to enjoy a day like that so it will depend a bit on your wife and her pregnancy so you'll know yourself what she would be able for/hate to do at this stage.

I wouldn't like jewellery myself, but if you do get her some don't get a ring, chances are her fingers are a bit swollen so a ring that fits now will be too big and a ring based on her normal size might not fit now and could upset and annoy her!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

OP spa day is great idea! Many hotels do maternity packages especially for pregnant women :-) I'd say she will love it.

Also does she like candles? Or aromatherapy oils? Some lavender candles or oils would also be a great little gift, as when she gets to 8 months + many women (including myself and many others I have given this advice to!) find it hard to sleep and the lavender from the candles and oils is insanely relaxing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I went to the monart while pregnant and loved it - in a robe all day, pregnancy massage etc. The only down side of spa days in you cannot us the hot tubs etc but that is minor!!

lovely idea :-) but yes depends on her energy levels if you could take a spa day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

PLL wrote: »
    OP spa day is great idea! Many hotels do maternity packages especially for pregnant women :-) I'd say she will love it.

Also does she like candles? Or aromatherapy oils? Some lavender candles or oils would also be a great little gift, as when she gets to 8 months + many women (including myself and many others I have given this advice to!) find it hard to sleep and the lavender from the candles and oils is insanely relaxing :)

Be extremely careful of some aromatherapy oils. They are known to cause early contractions and many are contraindicated in pregnancy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Another one here who would love a spa break or massage or pedicure, especially when you can't see your toes!
    I am 32 weeks and going for a spa break in seafield with my husband in 2 weeks, can't wait. They have a great deal on their website for 89 pps dbb. Lots of good 4 star ones on groupon at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm 16 weeks now and I've got two spa vouchers that I can't wait to use! Think I'll use one in the next couple of weeks and save the other one until I'm about 30-32 weeks. Had a lovely pregnancy massage and afternoon tea with a couple of friends at around that stage last time and it was bliss! Pregnant women can get more tired especially in the beginning and towards the end but a spa day is a nice way of ensuring some relaxation.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A night away and treat her to a hot stone massage.
    We went to Rathsallagh for a weekend when I was 8 months pregnant on #4 and it was lovely to be able to relax,I got a facial and hot stone massage too and I felt so much better after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I agree with spa day, especially if she is suffering with swollen feet and ankles! Nice to get a cooling massage and pedicure when you can't reach your toes! I also had bad skin when I was pregnant, so loved it when the in laws gave me a voucher to cheer me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Can anyone recommend a specific place? Dublin/North kildare/South Meath?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Johnstown House in Enfield has a lovely Spa.
    Dunboyne Castle has a nice one too but never used it pregnant.
    Carton House has a lovely one too but Johnstown is my favourite . If you look on dealpage.ie you should find offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Kilashee house hotel is meant to be great.
    Knightsbrook in trim.
    Seafield in gorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Buff day spa in town too - you could take for a lovely meal too if you don't want a night away

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

In touch beauty in swords do a specific pregnancy package, have massage bed with hole for bump, I had a lovely day there

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

A night away would be lovely, we went to seafield for my birthday when I was pregnant with my first. The spa is absolute heaven and they do a lovely maternity package with a massage and facial, I'll definitely be going again this time.

Advertisement