Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

build a house with little or no attic space

• 17-01-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, I am looking to build a house in a rural area, at the bottom of a hill. I need to limit the overall height of the height as the planners have an issue with potential exposure on the site if a new house is built.

On a recent house design we had done up, the height to the highest point was 6.4 m. Would this be fairly standard? Any advice on how to achieve a house design that comes in around 4.5 to 5m high? I am aware it would result in little or no attic space but we could live with this if needs be....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Low pitched roofs would help but they bring their own peculiarities to a project both in terms of aesthetics and build methodology / quality control.

The house design would look "modern" for want of a more appropriate word and wouldn't have slates or tiles on the roof. As you correctly said attic space would be limited. If you build a standalone garage/shed with it I think the lack of an attic wouldn't be too bad. That's personal opinion though!

Advertisement