Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Wildcard activated though I have no massive changes to make, will use it to do a bit of tidying up.

So far Zabaleta, Duff and Elliot are out for P Jones, Bellerin and Krul.
    I'll probably move Silva on too but not sure who for yet (MF is Boyd, Hazard, Sanchez, Silva and Downing) and I am contemplating swapping Hazard for Oscar (can't have both as I also have Terry and Costa both of whom I am happy with).
    Happy with my forward line of Austin, Aguero and Costa.

It's nice to have the wildcard active heading into the FA cup next Saturday as I'll be able to react to injuries and suspensions for the next GW.

Hutton to Monreal/Bellerin.

Going to be weird using my wildcard to make no more than 4 transfers next week. Usually it's a much more drastic affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hutton to Monreal/Bellerin.

Going to be weird using my wildcard to make no more than 4 transfers next week. Usually it's a much more drastic affair.
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, apart from Austin - Costa the rest of it is rearranging the sub 4.5m players

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Whats the best option for a one week punt?

Heaton > 4.8
    Naylor > 5.0
    Siggy > 6.7

Ospina home to villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Ospina home to villa.

Thats actually something I hadnt considered. Looks a good shout, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Either Jones or Bellerin (maybe?) in for Taylor.

Playing it safe this GW and that'll be it. I have learned my lesson and I'm gonna stop trying to guess who's gonna come good. Several of my transfers have been epic fails so I'm going back to playing it safe. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Hi guys.

Do you reckon it's worth trying to fit costa AND Aguero into the team by taking out fabregas? Much more rejiggng to do of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Do you reckon it's worth trying to fit costa AND Aguero into the team by taking out fabregas? Much more rejiggng to do of course.

I'll be going with Terry, Hazard, and Costa as my Chelsea with Aguero. I just don't want to pay 9.7m for a mid that doesn't score goals.
    Either Jones or Bellerin (maybe?) in for Taylor.

Playing it safe this GW and that'll be it. I have learned my lesson and I'm gonna stop trying to guess who's gonna come good. Several of my transfers have been epic fails so I'm going back to playing it safe. :D

I've got Bellerin in my current wildcard draft; the Aston Villa and Leicester matches look tasty. There's a risk Chambers could start over him but I don't see why Wenger would drop him when he's a natural RB and playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hi guys.

Probably only if you plan on captaining him when Aguero has a tricky fixture otherwise he is too expensive to have as just another player in your squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Looking increasingly like I'll wildcard this week, mainly as when I put together the bones of the team I was gonna do next GW it becomes clear that they mostly have excellent fixtures this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Whats the best option for a one week punt?

Heaton > 4.8
    Naylor > 5.0
    Siggy > 6.7

I have already done Siggy to Elia (Home to Swansea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Chesty08 wrote:
    I have already done Siggy to Elia (Home to Swansea)

i got this fella in too. Hopefully he'll go on a scoring spree in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thinking of Sterling out, Cazorla in. It would leave me with two attacking Arsenal mids (the other being Sanchez, obv.), which I'm never a great fan of doing with any team, but the next two fixtures make it tempting. Eriksen and Downing are other potential replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Looking increasingly like I'll wildcard this week, mainly as when I put together the bones of the team I was gonna do next GW it becomes clear that they mostly have excellent fixtures this week.

It'll looking increasingly like I won't really need a wildcard. My one big move was going to be Eriksen out. Now I'm thinking I might move Silva on because I have Aguero. I can't see him scoring as well with Yaya and Kun back.

Eriksen is as inconsistent as the team he plays for but he appears to be in the thick of things for them.

Thinking of Sterling out, Cazorla in. It would leave me with two attacking Arsenal mids (the other being Sanchez, obv.), which I'm never a great fan of doing with any team, but the next two fixtures make it tempting. Eriksen and Downing are other potential replacements.

Arsenal are starting to look like a team now! They tend to score 2, 3 or 4 goals a game.

I'd have no problem putting 2 of their attackers in my team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is there any school of thought that believes that Costa could outperform Aguero for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Wildcarded last week but after the miserable return of 31 pts feel i might have made the wrong choices! Ive dropped from just outside top 2k in december to just inside top 10k now ive lost 60/70 points in my two money leagues in that time still 40/50 points ahead mind!

Ive been way ahead for to long which has led to me taking my eye off the ball a bit i think. I went 3-5-2 with wildcard return of 31 points this week has me questioning wisdom team at present is

Krul/elliot
    terry bertrand wisdom g cameron van aanholt
    silva sanchez di maria hazard sterling
    aguero kane perez

After the weekend not having costa for the remainder frightens me even though i havent owned him for a while he is becoming a bit of a differential in my leagues few have both aguero and Costa.

Thinking di maria to boyd and kane to costa for a hit.

Anyone see any other changes i could/should make instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

gaving wrote: »
    Wildcarded last week but after the miserable return of 31 pts feel i might have made the wrong choices! Ive dropped from just outside top 2k in december to just inside top 10k now ive lost 60/70 points in my two money leagues in that time still 40/50 points ahead mind!

Ive been way ahead for to long which has led to me taking my eye off the ball a bit i think. I went 3-5-2 with wildcard return of 31 points this week has me questioning wisdom team at present is

Krul/elliot
    terry bertrand wisdom g cameron van aanholt
    silva sanchez di maria hazard sterling
    aguero kane perez

After the weekend not having costa for the remainder frightens me even though i havent owned him for a while he is becoming a bit of a differential in my leagues few have both aguero and Costa.

Thinking di maria to boyd and kane to costa for a hit.

Anyone see any other changes i could/should make instead?

Unless you intend playing Perez (which you shouldn't!), it should be Perez (and not Kane) that you upgrade to Costa.

Your team isn't bad, it was just a weird week. I certainly wouldn't panic. Your defence and mids look very good. You're just missing Costa, which, as you pointed out can be accommodated by downgrading a midfielder.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Is there any school of thought that believes that Costa could outperform Aguero for the rest of the season?

If Chelsea beat city it could happen as I could see city throw in the towel a bit and focus on the CL.

Unless you intend playing Perez (which you shouldn't!), it should be Perez (and not Kane) that you upgrade to Costa.

Your team isn't bad, it was just a weird week. I certainly wouldn't panic. Your defence and mids look very good. You're just missing Costa, which, as you pointed out can be accommodated by downgrading a midfielder.

Should have said i have .8 in the bank exactly enough to do di maria to boyd and kane to costa woukd prefer to upgrade perez but not possible

• Advertisement

Been thinking about that possibilty myself city could be dead and buried after chelsea game and could take aguero another 2 to 3 games to get upto speed but if he gets back to the form he was in before injury he will outscore costa in my opinion

If Chelsea beat city it could happen as I could see city throw in the towel a bit and focus on the CL.

I don't think they'll throw in the towel. Were they not eight points behind United at one stage the first year they won the PL?

As well as that, they will want to secure second and the likes of United and Arsenal aren't that far behind.

Can't see City throwing in the towel no matter what the result. Still a long way to go.

Apart from that there's the matter of who finishes top scorer. Aguero is currently 3 goals behind Costa, and I'd imagine he'll have an eye on winning that.

I'm just trying to think whether Bony would take from Aguero, or actually make Aguero more dangerous as defences struggle to deal with the physicality of Bony and the mischievous runs from Aguero.

If I settle for one of either Costa or Aguero, I can pretty much choose whoever else I want for the other positions. If I choose to go for both Costa and Aguero, I'll have to do some short-term surgery on my team and then have a budget defence for the rest of the season.

Decisions Decisions.

I'm just trying to think whether Bony would take from Aguero, or actually make Aguero more dangerous as defences struggle to deal with the physicality of Bony and the mischievous runs from Aguero.

If I settle for one of either Costa or Aguero, I can pretty much choose whoever else I want for the other positions. If I choose to go for both Costa and Aguero, I'll have to do some short-term surgery on my team and then have a budget defence for the rest of the season.

Decisions Decisions.

If City start firing again, I'll be going with both Bony and Aguero. Last year City played their best football and destroyed teams at the Etihad when they played 4-4-2.

Downgrading Silva to someone like Puncheon, would allow me the cash to go Kane to Bony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Yeah I am thinking along the same lines - will hope to have a front line of Costa, Aguero and Bony come early Feb.

With Puncheon and Elia looking good in the cheapo mids I'm hoping it becomes the optimum strategy.

Yeah I am thinking along the same lines - will hope to have a front line of Costa, Aguero and Bony come early Feb.

With Puncheon and Elia looking good in the cheapo mids I'm hoping it becomes the optimum strategy.
    What would the rest of your team look like if you had that frontline? I'm guessing you'll have to drop a premium midfielder to accommodate that?

As for Elia, he's only had two games and I don't think there's any guarantee that he'll be starting once Wanyama and Mane come back from injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I'm staying away from Elia. His goal record in Germany was terrible. Last weekend could be the exception rather than the rule.

Posada wrote: »
    I'm staying away from Elia. His goal record in Germany was terrible. Last weekend could be the exception rather than the rule.

Yeah I'll be waiting - need to see a bit more from him. For his first goal, Krul should have saved it. The second was a horrible deflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I agree with the rest of the feedback, 2 weeks is a tiny sample size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anything ye'd change here lads? Have 1FT and 0.5m in the bank, had Puncheon first sub at the weekend :(

Foster/Myhill
    Terry/PVA/Wasalawski/Hutton/Trippier
    Hazard/Sanchez/Di Maria/Boyd/Puncheon
    Aguero/Costa/Kane

Chester out Muniesa in.

I hate when you have to use your transfer for injuries. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Posada wrote: »
    Chester out Muniesa in.

I hate when you have to use your transfer for injuries. :(

You'll hate it when you've to transfer Muniesa back out, he's not nailed onto to start

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You'll hate it when you've to transfer Muniesa back out, he's not nailed onto to start

I haven't done it yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Used my 2 F/T : Silva to Santi, Trippier to Fonte. 0.2 left in the kitty to do Cameron to Bellerin the following gw, should Bellerin keep his starting place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    If City start firing again, I'll be going with both Bony and Aguero. Last year City played their best football and destroyed teams at the Etihad when they played 4-4-2.

Downgrading Silva to someone like Puncheon, would allow me the cash to go Kane to Bony.

Definitely thinking along these lines. I was planning on getting Bony in alongside Aguero for runs of good home games as and when.

It's been an objective of my wildcard from the start to have the flexibility to swap Kane for an up to 8.5 fwd when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

What would the rest of your team look like if you had that frontline? I'm guessing you'll have to drop a premium midfielder to accommodate that?

As for Elia, he's only had two games and I don't think there's any guarantee that he'll be starting once Wanyama and Mane come back from injury.

That would be the plan alright. Good point about Elia, I watched both his games and I thought he was getting into good positions but might be too early to chance him yet.

Midfield is where I'm most unsure. I'd be downgrading Silva and sticking with Hazard and Sanchez as season keepers. Then have 3 decent starters vying for 2 spots.

I could keep a decent defence and have the likes of downing, siggy and puncheon for the remaining 3 spots. But the wildcard makes me doubt myself every 5 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hi guys.

I wouldn't do it this week.

If Baird starts tonight I'll probably get him in for wasliewski in my Wildcard

• Advertisement

Outrageous statement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Out of:

DiMaria, Silva, Sancez, Fabregas & Hazard

Who would people consider most downgradeable?

At the moment my strikers are Aguero, Kane and Berahino.

Downgrading one of the above allows me swap one of the two cheaper forwards for Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Would say Di Maria....been played out of position and least likely in my view to score big pts wise in next while even tho Utds fixtures not too bad they are playing v poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Would say Di Maria....been played out of position and least likely in my view to score big pts wise in next while even tho Utds fixtures not too bad they are playing v poorly.

I tend to agree even though I have ADM in my team, you simply can't predict what Van Gaal will do, at this stage it wouldn't surprise me if he played ADM at centre half. Utd are terrible to watch this season.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Outrageous statement!

What did u think of their last title defence. I wouldn't be the first person to question their mentality .For the players they have in their squad they should have won a lot more and have consistently disappointed in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Looking at a -8:
    Giroud-->Costa
    Fabregas-->Cazorla
    Trippier-->Baird
    I can't afford another monster score from Costa and this looks like the best way to get him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Out of:

DiMaria, Silva, Sancez, Fabregas & Hazard

Who would people consider most downgradeable?

At the moment my strikers are Aguero, Kane and Berahino.

Downgrading one of the above allows me swap one of the two cheaper forwards for Costa.
    Fab unless you wish to triple up on Chelsea attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

spock. wrote: »
    Looking at a -8:
    Giroud-->Costa
    Fabregas-->Cazorla
    Trippier-->Baird
    I can't afford another monster score from Costa and this looks like the best way to get him in.

What are youre other strikers? Giroud against villa so I wouldn't get rid of him. Have you Sanchez?

Looking at a -8:
    Giroud-->Costa
    Fabregas-->Cazorla
    Trippier-->Baird

I'd be very surprised if you came out of those transfers up at the end of the gw. I'd just wait another week for costa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

What are youre other strikers? Giroud against villa so I wouldn't get rid of him. Have you Sanchez?

Front 8 of:
    Hazard Sanchez ADM Fab Boyd
    Giroud Aguero Kane

Looking at a -8:
    Giroud-->Costa
    Fabregas-->Cazorla
    Trippier-->Baird

Is your wildcard played? If not, I'd be using it instead of taking hits.....also don't chase last weeks points. next week will be different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement