Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Does anyone have any insight onto the keeper situation at arsenal. Ospina would be worth a buy at his price if he gets constant play time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Clichy to Bellerin done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

@NChadli · 1h 1 hour ago

He teached me the Real valor of life. I love u forever. Allah y ahmo. RIP dad

Chadli's father after passing away, not sure if it will effect things..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What did u think of their last title defence. I wouldn't be the first person to question their mentality .For the players they have in their squad they should have won a lot more and have consistently disappointed in Europe.

Agree they have disappointed in Europe.

How and ever, they are in a better place now then they were for their last title defence. They have a better squad now.

I can't see why any team would give up on a league (particularly the defending champions) being 8 points behind with 15 games left.

Also, they are the only team chasing Chelsea so it is a case of only waiting for 1 team to slip up not 2 or 3!

7 goals in his next match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Will miss the league cup game wed, prob wouldn't have started anyway. Could miss FA cup at the weekend too. Can't see it affecting any EPL appearances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Di maria and berahino out for puncheon and costa in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thinking of taking Silva out. And im not sure why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thinking of taking Silva out. And im not sure why.

will probably be my next transfer out because he seems to assist the assister :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Stick or twist with Di Maria....that is the question!

On recent evidence, nothing to be excited about, but the fixtures over the next 6 weeks......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

mectavba wrote: »

On recent evidence, nothing to be excited about, but the fixtures over the next 6 weeks......

I was adamant on getting rid of him this week but think I will sell Silva first as I will be getting Aguero in next week. If he doesn't do anything at home to Leicester, then I will definitely pull the trigger I'd say.

mectavba wrote: »

Twist. Unless Rafael and Shaw stay fit consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TacT wrote: »
    will probably be my next transfer out because he seems to assist the assister :pac:

1 point should be given to the assist of the assister :)
    or a serious bump in the bps :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Is Jones a dead cert for United? I'm deciding between himself and Bellerin and one of my rivals (and a Utd fan) said Jones might not even start that much. Is that bollocks to put me off? :pac:

Is Jones a dead cert for United? I'm deciding between himself and Bellerin and one of my rivals (and a Utd fan) said Jones might not even start that much. Is that bollocks to put me off? :pac:

Yeah I think he's guaranteed. Utds best defender imo. Him and Rojo will start long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

It's too risky to buy Filipe Luis right? He won't keep his place will he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ormus wrote: »
    It's too risky to buy Filipe Luis right? He won't keep his place will he?

Yes, too risky. He'll play 25% or less of the fixtures imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

10.9m to spend on a midfielder

I have Silva, Hazard, Sanchez, Boyd and Sigurdsson is getting the boot

Cant buy Fabregas though.

Not sure who to buy, thoughts?

Still have WC to play which I'll have to make several changes to fit in Aguero & Costa upfront

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dempsey wrote: »

Still have WC to play which I'll have to make several changes to fit in Aguero & Costa upfront

Who are your strikers?

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    Who are your strikers?

Costa, Kane, Austin at the moment.

Austin likely to make way for Aguero when I use the WC

Puncheon, Sterling or Elia all good picks in my opinion.

jebforever wrote: »
    Puncheon, Sterling or Elia all good picks in my opinion.

Not convinced yet by Elia but watching for the Koeman factor and I have Forster & Bertrand at the moment.

I dont fancy Liverpool with their fixtures and the return of a sluggish Sturridge

Puncheon has been standing out to me all week but I'd like some more rational thoughts as I could be making a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

So a one week punt? Either Cazorla or ADM

Not convinced yet by Elia but watching for the Koeman factor and I have Forster & Bertrand at the moment.

I dont fancy Liverpool with their fixtures and the return of a sluggish Sturridge

Puncheon has been standing out to me all week but I'd like some more rational thoughts as I could be making a mistake!

Hold off on Elia then, 3 Saints would be a bit crazy! Yeah some tough fixtures for Liverpool but Sterling looked very good against Chelsea playing up top. I brought Puncheon in with the WC and was instantly rewarded. He seems to have a new lease of life now under Pardew and for 5.5 is a real bargain in FPL terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So a one week punt? Either Cazorla or ADM

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Current team is

Forster,
    Terry, Jagielka, Koscielny,
    Hazard, Downing, Erickson, Sanchez
    Austin, Kane, Aguero

Subs
    Mannone
    Boyd, Trippier, Janmatt

Still have wildcard
    0.2 million in bank!

Any advice lads???

:eek::eek: You seen him playing already

Skuxx wrote: »
    Current team is

Forster,
    Terry, Jagielka, Koscielny,
    Hazard, Downing, Erickson, Sanchez
    Austin, Kane, Aguero

Subs
    Mannone
    Boyd, Trippier, Janmatt

Still have wildcard
    0.2 million in bank!

Any advice lads???

Now with alot of the big guns back in attack, it seems like a lot invested in your defence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Not really sure what to do.

Silva and Downing are the two on the chopping block.

Might go Puncheon in for Silva for the 3 week punt. Puncheon's fixtures not so great after that.

Still waiting for ADM to justify a transfer in but all the talk around here and WC teams with him in it is making me a little worried he'll come up with the goods and leave me sitting. Currently only 14.4% ownership for him so the damage might not be too bad if he scores big. Might look at bringing him in for the Burnley at home fixture.

ADM has 13,000 transfers in this week so far to Puncheon's 23,000 (I think - Looking at Spanish version of the site)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    :eek::eek: You seen him playing already

Any player that has been out as long as him will not be anywhere near match sharpness when they comeback into the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »
    Not really sure what to do.

Silva and Downing are the two on the chopping block.

Might go Puncheon in for Silva for the 3 week punt. Puncheon's fixtures not so great after that.

Still waiting for ADM to justify a transfer in but all the talk around here and WC teams with him in it is making me a little worried he'll come up with the goods and leave me sitting. Currently only 14.4% ownership for him so the damage might not be too bad if he scores big. Might look at bringing him in for the Burnley at home fixture.

Am in the same boat. At least regarding Silva/ADM. After Chelsea Silva has very tasty fixtures up to GW 31 or 32. ADM is a no-brainer on paper... On paper... I'm just a bit afraid it's still too early to get in both Aguero and ADM but since I'm on WC (needed to rearrange keepers & defence) it sounds crazy to wait on those transfers... Hopefully the next 10 days will help me make a decision :P.

In your position I think I'd favour the Downing -> Puncheon transfer. WH fixtures are getting tougher and if I remember correctly someone posted in here that Downing mainly scored versus bottom of the table teams (this needs to be confirmed though...). Palace fixtures are nicer and Puncheon seems on great form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »
    Am in the same boat. At least regarding Silva/ADM. After Chelsea Silva has very tasty fixtures up to GW 31 or 32.
    Silva could have a blank in GW27 if Liverpool make the League Cup Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think it's early to get on the puncheon bandwagon. Puncheon has only looked good when switched to the 10 position in a 4-2-3-1 however pardew still starts usually with a 4-4-2 with Puncheon playing anonymously on the wing. Until Puncheon gets a run of games playing in the hole i'd hold fire on him for the moment until we get a clearer picture of Pardew's preferred formation and position for Puncheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

zarquon wrote: »
    I think it's early to get on the puncheon bandwagon. Puncheon has only looked good when switched to the 10 position in a 4-2-3-1 however pardew still starts usually with a 4-4-2 with Puncheon playing anonymously on the wing. Until Puncheon gets a run of games playing in the hole i'd hold fire on him for the moment until we get a clearer picture of Pardew's preferred formation and position for Puncheon.
    So implicitly you're saying Gayle is a better option :p?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If you are planning a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 with a 3rd bench filler striker then yes, otherwise there are better 3rd striker options atm.

But Chamakh has just come back from injury and Sanogo is in the mix too.

Also re Puncheon, Bolasie will be back from ACON too to mix it up for attacking mid positions.

I might go with Puncheon for a short term thing, but will not be getting too attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Current team is this.. All thoughts welcome.. Not sure what to do.. 1.5 in the bank

Forster Hamer
    Wisdom Alderweireld Terry PVA Hutton
    Sanchez Albrighton Sterling Fabregas Puncheon
    Aguero Costa Kane

Where could be improved? I'd love to get in eriksen somehow but don't want to ditch sterling Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Current team is this.. All thoughts welcome.. Not sure what to do.. 1.5 in the bank

Forster Hamer
    Wisdom Alderweireld Terry PVA Hutton
    Sanchez Albrighton Sterling Fabregas Puncheon
    Aguero Costa Kane

Where could be improved? I'd love to get in eriksen somehow but don't want to ditch sterling Sanchez

I'd probably put Foster or Pantillimon in goal. You already have Alderweireld from Southampton. Will this allow Fab to Hazard?
    As for the cash itb. Keep it. You'll need it to upgrade Kane and/or Puncheon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

siggy was possibly on the chopping block but now is for sure
    current mid is siggy ADM Walcott has Boyd
    I'm thinking one of 3 moves
    1 siggy to cazorla but would need to be done today and I'd still have Walcott as well
    2 siggy to puncheon or ellia would leave me money to upgrade Kane or Walcott
    3. siggy to ward prowse and Walcott to Sanchez for -4 ......Sanchez captain next week then ......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    siggy was possibly on the chopping block but now is for sure
    current mid is siggy ADM Walcott has Boyd
    I'm thinking one of 3 moves
    1 siggy to cazorla but would need to be done today and I'd still have Walcott as well
    2 siggy to puncheon or ellia would leave me money to upgrade Kane or Walcott
    3. siggy to ward prowse and Walcott to Sanchez for -4 ......Sanchez captain next week then ......

Option 3 get in sanchez and end the heartbreak he is a goal every 2 game player no other mid offers that.

• Advertisement

Option 3 get in sanchez and end the heartbreak he is a goal every 2 game player no other mid offers that.

end the stupidity more like :D I don't think I can take it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Foster Myhill
    Terry Bertrand Wisdom PVA Duff
    Fabregas Hazard Sanchez ADM Boyd
    Aguero Kane Ings
    0.7 ITB 20th

Anyone see any obvious moves happy enough maybe Duff and Ings could be moved on tempted by Defoe and Baird but that's 3 West Brom at the back then again that's wasting a ft on the defence which is solid enough

Would need surgery to get Pelle and Sterling in who are on my radar but dropping Hazard can be dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Who will the arrival of Paulista affect most at Arsenal, Kos or Mertesacker? I'm guessing it probably means less game time for Chambers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

So dilemma time, to wildcard or not also have 2 ft''s 0.8m in the bank, current team is:
    Guzan, Hamer,
    Clichy, Hutton, Wisdom, Cresswell, Jones,
    Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Silva, Wanyama,
    Rooney, Costa, Kane.
    I could bring in Foster and Cazola for Hamer and Silva and field
    Foster
    Clichy, Wisdom, Jones
    Sanchez, Hazard, Cazorla, Downing,
    rooney, Costa, Kane
    or wildcard, help, please currently in 8035th position..

patmac wrote: »
    So dilemma time, to wildcard or not also have 2 ft''s 0.8m in the bank, current team is:
    Guzan, Hamer,
    Clichy, Hutton, Wisdom, Cresswell, Jones,
    Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Silva, Wanyama,
    Rooney, Costa, Kane.
    I could bring in Foster and Cazola for Hamer and Silva and field
    Foster
    Clichy, Wisdom, Jones
    Sanchez, Hazard, Cazorla, Downing,
    rooney, Costa, Kane
    or wildcard, help, please currently in 8035th position..

I'd do Clichy to Koscielny and Silva to Cazorla and then wildcard next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

I'd do Clichy to Koscielny and Silva to Cazorla and then wildcard next week.

What keeper then Guzan or Hamer? Neither a good option.

Hamer. Both could get some good save points at least. If you wildcarded, I'd suggest getting rid of Rooney but might as well keep him for Leicester and then get rid.

Can you afford Silva to Cazorla and Guzan to Ospina?

Hmpfh.

Wildcard will be played Saturday morning. I'm pretty happy with 9 of my starting 11 this week, and am trying to figure out if it's a defender or gk I need in.

Is Ospina going to keep his place?

Foster (Guzan)
    Wisdom, Jones, O'Shea (Clichy, Hutton)
    Downing, Di Maria, Eriksen, Sanchez (C), Hazard
    Austin, Costa (Barnes)

Was thinking Ospina in for Foster, or Bellerin/Monreal in for Hutton (and start him ahead of Wisdom).

I just need a one week Arsenal defender I think. Will come to the question of whether Bellerin/Ospina will be med term starters from next week on, as I'm very happy to have either (or both) in my team at the prices they are for the season if they'll play!

• Advertisement

Hmpfh.

Wildcard will be played Saturday morning. I'm pretty happy with 9 of my starting 11 this week, and am trying to figure out if it's a defender or gk I need in.

Is Ospina going to keep his place?

Foster (Guzan)
    Wisdom, Jones, O'Shea (Clichy, Hutton)
    Downing, Di Maria, Eriksen, Sanchez (C), Hazard
    Austin, Costa (Barnes)

Was thinking Ospina in for Foster, or Bellerin/Monreal in for Hutton (and start him ahead of Wisdom).

I just need a one week Arsenal defender I think. Will come to the question of whether Bellerin/Ospina will be med term starters from next week on, as I'm very happy to have either (or both) in my team at the prices they are for the season if they'll play!
    what's your plan for getting aguero in

Advertisement