Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers

Comments

I still have both WildCards. Will use the "Winter One" as soon as GW is over to make the 3/4 changes to my team to take me into the next 5/6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Di Maria out, question is for who??

Already have Hazard, Sanchez, Downing and Boyd

Thinking maybe Sterling at home against West Ham??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Di Maria out, question is for who??

Already have Hazard, Sanchez, Downing and Boyd

Thinking maybe Sterling at home against West Ham??

di Maria home to Leicester is a better option than Sterling home to West Ham for me. See how he gets on tomorrow before doing anything though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

8-10 wrote: »
    di Maria home to Leicester is a better option than Sterling home to West Ham for me. See how he gets on tomorrow before doing anything though

Di Maria will only get decent points if he's in CM. Not at no.10, not as a striker, not as a winger.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Di Maria will only get decent points if he's in CM. Not at no.10, not as a striker, not as a winger.

I'll have a sporting bet with you that ADM outscores Raheem this weekend if you like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When does is latest you can play the wildcard lads? This weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'll have a sporting bet with you that ADM outscores Raheem this weekend if you like?

What is your offer?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When does is latest you can play the wildcard lads? This weekend?

You can use it up until 7th Feb (before GW24 starts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Gits_bone wrote: »

That's where he played against Cambridge. That's the only reason I'm still considering him.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is your offer?

Tenner to charity of opponent's choice I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

FHFC wrote: »
    Can you afford Silva to Cazorla and Guzan to Ospina?
    Thanks, easily able to transfer and would have 1.5m in the bank to WC next week. Is Ospina guaranteed to start.

patmac wrote: »
    Thanks, easily able to transfer and would have 1.5m in the bank to WC next week. Is Ospina guaranteed to start.

Nothing is guaranteed, but he started the last two league games after the Sczesny falling out, kept two clean sheets and then Sczes played in the cup game where the No 2 keeper would usually get a run. No reason to think he won't start the next league game but his run could in theory end at any time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

That's where he played against Cambridge. That's the only reason I'm still considering him.

LVG will go back to 3 at the back I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Foster myhill
    jones PVA terry ( hutton alderweld)
    hazard adm silva sanchez (marney)
    costa ings kane.

I have 2 transfers and 4.0 mil in bank. Anyone any opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foster myhill
    costa ings kane.

You not going for Kun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Foster myhill
    costa ings kane.

Is that Alderweireled on the bench? I would probably just move him out instead of lose the transfer. Assume The 4m in the bank is to bring in Aguero after the Chelsea match right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Foster myhill
    costa ings kane.

How much exactly do you need to get Aguero in for Ings? Ideally use your 2 F/T's to get that extra amount of cash you need to bring in Kun next GW. Alder for obvious reasons would be one I'd looking to get rid, then maybe one of AdM/Silva. Or maybe just get rid of Alder and then just re assess after the weekend's games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Foster myhill
    costa ings kane.

Silva to Puncheon

No reply over 24hrs later so no bet then

Thanks for the feedback lads. My problem with taking out alderwereld is that he will probably be back fit in the next couple of gws and Id want him back then. Id also probably have to bench terry in that scenario as PVA and jones have good fixtures. My plan is to wait another week for aguero but to make sure ive enough money for him. Silva to puncheon is an interesting transfer and could keep 2 for next week although Id like silva the following week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

If Costa gets banned and Fab is injured, then I think I'll be getting Oscar in....

Thanks for the feedback lads. My problem with taking out alderwereld is that he will probably be back fit in the next couple of gws and Id want him back then. Id also probably have to bench terry in that scenario as PVA and jones have good fixtures. My plan is to wait another week for aguero but to make sure ive enough money for him. Silva to puncheon is an interesting transfer and could keep 2 for next week although Id like silva the following week.

GW26 is likely to be when he comes back if you bring in someone at the same price its easy to switch back when he does return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Has Elia been touted on here? Thoughts? At 5.5m and playing a swansea team that could on one of those bad runs. Brought him in for Downing to bank a million.

Heaton hamer
    Jones Bertrand Baines PVA wisdom
    ADM Sanchez Hazard Elia albrighton
    Aguero Kane carroll

Deco99 wrote: »
    Has Elia been touted on here? Thoughts? At 5.5m and playing a swansea team that could on one of those bad runs. Brought him in for Downing to bank a million.

Heaton hamer
    Aguero Kane carroll

Lots of discussion on him in the Wildcard thread and possible one other.

Gone off him now as Mane will be back possibly even this weekend, and also saw the stat that he has 2 goals from 2 shots in his 2 appearances. And at least one of them was a fluke. Stats wise Puncheon is a better bet, although there are still questions as to how Palace will line up with all the forward and attacking mid options they now have.

Deco99 wrote: »

Heaton hamer
    Aguero Kane carroll

He's been popping up a bit. His scoring record at Bremen was pretty poor and by the looks of the numbers so far it'll likely be the same so far 4 touches in the box and 2 shots doesn't suggest he is going to offer much threat. Still early days though you never know. I wouldn't go relying on him too much though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Gone off him now as Mane will be back possibly even this weekend, and also saw the stat that he has 2 goals from 2 shots in his 2 appearances. And at least one of them was a fluke. Stats wise Puncheon is a better bet, although there are still questions as to how Palace will line up with all the forward and attacking mid options they now have.

Agh pulled trigger too early. Cant reverse? Prob have to go with him this weekend and reassess after.

I wont give him the armband though. Could be inspired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pardew seems to love Puncheon though, be very surprised if he didn't start every match.

Pardew seems to love Puncheon though, be very surprised if he didn't start every match.

As Paully noted elsewhere though, the question is where will be play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    He's been popping up a bit. His scoring record at Bremen was pretty poor and by the looks of the numbers so far it'll likely be the same so far 4 touches in the box and 2 shots doesn't suggest he is going to offer much threat. Still early days though you never know. I wouldn't go relying on him too much though!

118 Bundesliga games, scored 11, assisted 18 .... that is pretty poor alright. I've known about him for a while, would have thought he would have much better stats.

I also checked his international stats for Holland :- 27 games, 2 goals

He will need to improve drastically in the goalscoring department if he is to become a reliable FPL player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Any realistic chance Costa will be disciplined for the stamping tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Neil3030 wrote: »

Given how it's been highlighted I'd be very surprised if he isn't. He did it twice!

If he is he will miss 4 of the next 5 GWs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Neil3030 wrote:

Fully deserved too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benimar wrote: »
    Given how it's been highlighted I'd be very surprised if he isn't. He did it twice!

If he is he will miss 4 of the next 5 GWs
    Isn't it usually the Premier League who does those retrospective things, whereas this was in the League Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like I will be holding my wildcard another week now, so I've one FT to fix one of two problem areas. Options for this week are....

A) Buy a 6.9m defender (looking like Mertesacker) + Larsson (Burnely H)
    B) Buy a 7.9m midfielder (looks like Tadic) + Cresswell (Liverpool A)

Which looks better for a one-week punt?

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

CSF wrote: »
    Isn't it usually the Premier League who does those retrospective things, whereas this was in the League Cup?

The Fa are the ones who give out the bans.

When Hazard was sent off for kicking the ballboy in the league cup, the fa could have banned him for longer but decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sorry if it's an obvious one but will we know before this GW deadline if Costa gets suspended by the FA or not?

iroced wrote: »
    Sorry if it's an obvious one but will we know before this GW deadline if Costa gets suspended by the FA or not?

Yeah we will

Having only seen the Can incident I suspect he may get away with it. Hard to prove it was not an accident. Even though it wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

CSF wrote: »

The suspensions cross over. Bookings in both count towards 5/10 yellow card limit and suspensions earned in one can be served in the other.

Many a time a player has picked up his 5th yellow just before a League Cup match :D

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    The suspensions cross over. Bookings in both count towards 5/10 yellow card limit and suspensions earned in one can be served in the other.

Many a time a player has picked up his 5th yellow just before a League Cup match :D
    Yeah I knew that much, but I didn't think the Premier League would be initiating retrospective punishments for League Cup games, but it has since been mentioned that its the FA who does so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Will know by 6 at the latest. Graham Poll has said he'll most likely get a 3 match ban

It feels weird hoping one of my players gets a 3 game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

even weirder for me as it will cost me 4 points and will probably mean loads more get in aguero BUT it makes it more fun
    I'll be taking a few punts this weekend......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm kind of annoyed about it, good few in my leagues don't have the funds to have both Costa and Aguero up front and I was hoping it could be a good differential having both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Not sure what I want. I'm happy with my WC team with Costa and Aguero up front; I guess I would go to Giroud or Falcao if he's banned. On the other hand, I have no money tied up in him so it would hurt people that do and there might be a good number of hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone have any stats on how Chelsea do without Costa up front ? Like, do Fabregas and Hazard kick on when he's not playing ?

Would certainly solve my Pelle or Giroud conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Would certainly solve my Pelle or Giroud conflict.

I may even captain Pelle if I sell costa

km79 wrote: »
    I may even captain Pelle if I sell costa

Shirley, you would have him regardless if you were considering him as a captain?

• Advertisement
Advertisement