Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Log in for the first time in 2 weeks and see 3 lads doubtful, 1 suspended and Costa, think I'll be using my wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

G1032 wrote: »
    Gabriel is a center back. No way he'll be played out on the right. That's for Bellerin and Chambers to fight over until Debuchy is back

Will Gibbs get the nod on the other side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

G1032 wrote: »
    Gabriel is a center back. No way he'll be played out on the right. That's for Bellerin and Chambers to fight over until Debuchy is back

Wenger said he can play him at CB or RB. I think Kos has also played at RB before too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just realised i have 2FT, WC next GW, so probably making a boring transfer - Wasilewski to van Aanholt.

Have Fab and Sanchez, but if neither or one doesn't play i'll have Austin and Van Aanholt to fill in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just realised i have 2FT, WC next GW, so probably making a boring transfer - Wasilewski to van Aanholt.

Have Fab and Sanchez, but if neither or one doesn't play i'll have Austin and Van Aanholt to fill in
    No point in keeping your saved FT if you play your WC next week. You'll lose it. If ever there was a GW for a 1 week punt this is the one ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

iroced wrote: »
    No point in keeping your saved FT if you play your WC next week. You'll lose it. If ever there was a GW for a 1 week punt this is the one ;).

Ugh, dunno why i didn't realise i would lose the second too, might look at seeing who i can bring in, having a quick look, due to difference between purchase price and cost price, wouldn't make sense for me to get rid of

Sanchez
    Hazard
    Fab
    Silva
    Kane
    Austin

Already have Giroud and strong possibility for captain if Sanchez is injured.

Sterling is the other player - not really anyone standing out to transfer him out for - maybe Eriksen or Downing

Could sell Zab and get in a united + Arsenal defender i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Am thinking Costa and Silva to Giroud and Puncheon. Waiting until Hull game to get Aguero in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

SlickRic wrote: »
    those on a wildcard are in a great spot.

Sanchez now very doubtful for Sunday according to Wenger.

hamstring issue.

How so?....am on wildcard,have had Sanchez a good while,if he isn't badly inj it's hardly worth transferring him out for one GW or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Looks like I am going to have to wildcard Although I have have 2 ft''s and 0.8m in the bank, current team is:
    Guzan, Hamer,
    Clichy, Hutton, Wisdom, Cresswell, Jones,
    Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Silva, Wanyama,
    Rooney, Costa, Kane.
    I could bring in Ospina and Cazola for Guzan/Sanchez and field
    Ospina
    Clichy, Wisdom, Jones,Cresswell,
    Downing,Hazard, Cazorla, Downing,
    rooney, Kane
    But that looks too weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Trippier out is necessary i think but for who?

ASNFkO5.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ugh, dunno why i didn't realise i would lose the second too, might look at seeing who i can bring in, having a quick look, due to difference between purchase price and cost price, wouldn't make sense for me to get rid of

Sanchez
    Hazard
    Fab
    Silva
    Kane
    Austin

Already have Giroud and strong possibility for captain if Sanchez is injured.

Sterling is the other player - not really anyone standing out to transfer him out for - maybe Eriksen or Downing

Could sell Zab and get in a united + Arsenal defender i suppose.

Ah yeah... very tough choice... To be fair I'm having similar dilemmas and I'm on WC :pac: :rolleyes:...

In your case, Eriksen and/or a United def (e.g. Jones) could be good ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Gameweek 23 has 8 games on the Saturday(January), 2 on the Sunday(February).
    I'm in a monthly league. I assume the 2 games on Sunday will be included in the overall points when the February filter is selected??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Also who do we reckon Gabriel Paulista will push out of the Arsenal defence? Mertesacker? Koscielny? Chambers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Shane732 wrote: »
    Will Gibbs get the nod on the other side?

I would say so but Monreal has done very well lately and deserves to keep his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

crazy8 wrote: »
    Gameweek 23 has 8 games on the Saturday(January), 2 on the Sunday(February).
    I'm in a monthly league. I assume the 2 games on Sunday will be included in the overall points when the February filter is selected??

The GW starts in January so will count towards January totals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So how we feeling about Sanchez chances of making it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bellerin - he's still yellow flagged but Physioroom don't mention him at all. Anybody got any hard info on his fitness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So how we feeling about Sanchez chances of making it?

Wenger said in his press conference this morning that he was "unlikely to risk him"

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Using my wildcard this week, was happy with my team with Costa and Sanchez , ditching costa if he gets banned but I will probably keep Sanchez, id loose .6 if I sold him.

I was benching downing this week but I have extra money for upgrading to Aguero next week, I might get in Di maria for downing in case sanchez doesn't play. id loose .6 on downing as well but his fixtures for the next few weeks are very tough so he would be benched a lot ... stupid stampy Costa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

If Walcott had a few more starts under his belt he'd be a great option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

stupid stampy Costa

elephant.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I may do a 4 pt hit of Terry costa Marney to wollschied walcott aguero. Bench ings who will come in for sanchez if he doesn't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

am I missing something with Wollscheid?
    seems to be popping up in a lot of teams
    I know he is 4.5 but stoke are not exactly watertight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Any news on Chadli? Is he available for selection again after his father's death? There was no sign of him in the spurs squad during the week.

km79 wrote: »

One of the best defensive records in the league hasn't been transferred into clean sheets so ff wise most people are ignoring them.

• Advertisement

One of the best defensive records in the league hasn't been transferred into clean sheets so ff wise most people are ignoring them.

I had pieters and then wilson for a good while with idea of rotation with Neil Taylor
    was a disaster
    ended up just playing Taylor home and away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Any news on Chadli? Is he available for selection again after his father's death? There was no sign of him in the spurs squad during the week.

He was at the game with the wider squad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »

He's going to be a goal machine ;): http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Philipp-Wollscheid-ready-solve-set/story-25903682-detail/story.html

It's between Wolly or Jones for my last defender slot. Wolly rotates better with PvA and Baird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Sanchez and costa most likely going to be out, Can't afford to bring them back in if a transfer. 0.2 in the bank and 1 free transfer. Any ideas?

fffb76d2dd56b2f7dbf2960bafd7b875.png
    gif hosting

I know the stats but I'd want to see some evidence of the actual clean sheets before going near them. They could easily keep up that one goal a game thing for the rest of the season.

I'd prefer Villa, Sunderland or West Brom defences by a distance at the moment, and all have cheaper options than Wolly/Stoke. The Hutton/PVA rotation is hard to beat IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This GW isn't gonna be good. Gonna have to take a -4, I reckon, and my defense is fairly shaky for this week!

FHFC wrote: »
    I know the stats but I'd want to see some evidence of the actual clean sheets before going near them. They could easily keep up that one goal a game thing for the rest of the season.

I'd prefer Villa, Sunderland or West Brom defences by a distance at the moment, and all have cheaper options than Wolly/Stoke. The Hutton/PVA rotation is hard to beat IMO.
    3 clean sheets in the last 5. I'm looking at something different from the template looking at 5 less than 5 million defenders. But if your going Chelsea southampton 3 cheap rotaters I can see why people will ignore stoke.

3 clean sheets in the last 5. I'm looking at something different from the template looking at 5 less than 5 million defenders. But if your going Chelsea southampton 3 cheap rotaters I can see why people will ignore stoke.

Not bad in terms of the actual clean sheets so!

FHFC wrote: »
    Not bad in terms of the actual clean sheets so!

interesting ! trippier is leaving my team soon and probably wasi as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ban confirmed for Costa. 3 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Henry WinterVerified account
    @henrywinter
    FA: "Diego Costa suspended for three games after Independent Regulatory Commission upholds charge"

-4 on the way so
    siggy Costa out
    thinking maybe
    tadic and giroud ( have Theo but not Sanchez)
    Adam Johnson /moses/puncheon and pelle which leaves me money for Sanchez...
    AJ/Moses/punch and falcao........have ADM
    so many options !

And over to the WildCard thread I go!

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

anyone thinking RVP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Before going over thinking of this team after 2fts and wildcarding next week with 1.0m in the bank
    Guzan,
    Clichy, Wisdom, Jones, Cresswell,
    Di Maria (C),Hazard, Silva,
    Rooney, Kane, Peile
    Subs Hamer, Hutton, Sanchez and Wanyama
    Could be dangerous without Arsenal and Liverpool players though, although if Villa and West Ham do well it could be a massive differential, but being currently just outside the 8000 mark and winning a couple of my leagues, what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will Gardos start for Southamption do ye think? Yoshida will hardly come in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Will Gardos start for Southamption do ye think? Yoshida will hardly come in?

Gardos has been a bit of a car crash since he came in, wouldn't be surprised to see Yoshida come straight in. Either way that spot is just being warmed for Alder who should return soon enough

manual_man wrote: »
    Gardos has been a bit of a car crash since he came in, wouldn't be surprised to see Yoshida come straight in. Either way that spot is just being warmed for Alder who should return soon enough

I'd suspect Yoshida will play, but Koeman also just said he hopes Alderwiereld will be back next week.

Considering Alder on wildcard now myself instead of Bertrand, and bench him till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Martin Kelly or Davide Santon?

Kelly is 4.4m and Santon is 4.3m.

Also, Sterling and Kane or Pelle and Puncheon/Henderson?

Martin Kelly or Davide Santon?

Kelly is 4.4m and Santon is 4.3m.

Also, Sterling and Kane or Pelle and Puncheon/Henderson?

Newcastle are on a downward spiral with Carver as manager for the rest of the season. They haven't won a match since 28 December and haven't kept a clean sheet since 22 November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Foster Myhill
    Terry Bertrand Wisdom PVA Duff
    Fabregas Hazard Sanchez ADM Boyd
    Aguero Kane Ings
    0.7 ITB
    2 free transfers

any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Lemlin wrote: »
    Newcastle are on a downward spiral with Carver as manager for the rest of the season. They haven't won a match since 28 December and haven't kept a clean sheet since 22 November.
    They've actually played well and have been very unlucky not to get anything out of their games. That being said, I'm going to wait a few games to see who emerges from their team as a good fantasy punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Have 2.6 ITB, need to get a new defender in.

Bertrand | Wisdom | Hutton | Wasilewski | Duff

I'll probably get rid of Duff, but since Burnley conceded 4 in their last game I have an inkling he might start against Sunderland.

Any thoguhts would be great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Have 2.6 ITB, need to get a new defender in.

Bertrand | Wisdom | Hutton | Wasilewski | Duff

I'll probably get rid of Duff, but since Burnley conceded 4 in their last game I have an inkling he might start against Sunderland.

Any thoguhts would be great!

Wisdom - Baines if you get 4.5 for Wisdom. Likely my transfer next week

Advertisement