Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 23 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

8-10 wrote: »
    Wisdom - Baines if you get 4.5 for Wisdom. Likely my transfer next week

I don't unfortunately, had him since he was 4.0. He's got 13 points in the last 2 weeks as well so I reckon I'll be hanging on to him. Cheers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I don't unfortunately, had him since he was 4.0. He's got 13 points in the last 2 weeks as well so I reckon I'll be hanging on to him. Cheers though.

Arsenal or Chelsea defender then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

AdMMM wrote: »
    They've actually played well and have been very unlucky not to get anything out of their games. That being said, I'm going to wait a few games to see who emerges from their team as a good fantasy punt.

Results are what counts though. Too often teams give decent performances under managers but don't get the results.

They haven't had the toughest of fixtures either. Newcastle really should be expecting to get more than a point out of playing Southampton and Burnley at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

So I've bought Giroud in for Costa. I intend to keep Sanchez on the bench at least until there's some more news.

I don't want to play four defenders so I wanna do Boyd to one of Eriksen, Oscar, or Puncheon. Might be a one week punt. Might not. Either way, all three are in great form. Chelsea have a reasonably tough fixture and Eriksen is up against Pulis' solid-defensive unit West Brom, and Puncheon is against Everton in what could be a bit of a goal-fest.

All three have the potential to do well. Help me pick one? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

kilburn wrote: »
    Foster Myhill
    Terry Bertrand Wisdom PVA Duff
    Fabregas Hazard Sanchez ADM Boyd
    Aguero Kane Ings
    0.7 ITB
    2 free transfers

any thoughts?

Fab and sanchez not to play this weekend. 20 million sitting on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Going to keep Sanchez thinking of moving fab & Ings out for Giroud & Puncheon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Advice please!

With injuries, I have to play either wassi or albrighton. Don't wanna do that!

So which short term transfer would be better?

Bring in a defender for Alderweireld, maybe a united defender.

Or, upgrade Albrighton to maybe Puncheon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Adam Johnson in for siggy
    now to pick one of pelle giroud falcao or rvp :D
    more than likely pelle and then may captain him.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Is Silva to Puncheon worth a minus 4? I'm thinking that if I'm ever going to buy Puncheon it needs to be for these next 3 fixtures.

My first transfer will be Costa to Giroud (c).

I won't get Eriksen just yet as I have Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Costa to Aguero is made an easy decision

What to do with my other free transfer is the question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

G1032 wrote: »
    Is Silva to Puncheon worth a minus 4? I'm thinking that if I'm ever going to buy Puncheon it needs to be for these next 3 fixtures.

My first transfer will be Costa to Giroud (c).

I won't get Eriksen just yet as I have Kane.

I wouldn't do it for a -4
    So I've bought Giroud in for Costa. I intend to keep Sanchez on the bench at least until there's some more news.

I don't want to play four defenders so I wanna do Boyd to one of Eriksen, Oscar, or Puncheon. Might be a one week punt. Might not. Either way, all three are in great form. Chelsea have a reasonably tough fixture and Eriksen is up against Pulis' solid-defensive unit West Brom, and Puncheon is against Everton in what could be a bit of a goal-fest.

All three have the potential to do well. Help me pick one? :D

Punch out of those three choices; Sterling (if you don't have him) could be the best shout for this GW.
    sheroman01 wrote: »
    Advice please!

With injuries, I have to play either wassi or albrighton. Don't wanna do that!

So which short term transfer would be better?

Bring in a defender for Alderweireld, maybe a united defender.

Or, upgrade Albrighton to maybe Puncheon?

Depends if you have your WC or not. WC available I would do Albrighton to Punch, otherwise Wasilewski to someone like Bellerin or Wollscheid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ramsey Ozil walcott or cazorla.. any arsenal fans want to rank them in chances of starting the next 5 arsenal games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ramsey Ozil walcott or cazorla.. any arsenal fans want to rank them in chances of starting the next 5 arsenal games.

Cazorla and Ramsey nailed for the next two matches. Two of Ozil, Walcott, and Rosicky will start against Villa and then with Alexis back there's only one spot left. For the Leicester match, it's anyone's guess since Welbeck and Ox will be back. I wouldn't expect any of them (besides maybe Ramsey) to start all of the next five.

Nailedness: 1. Ramsey 2. Cazorla 3. Ozil 4. Walcott

Costa out for Aguero. Strange selling him after having him so long but no chance I could bench him for 3 games

Sigurdsson out for Puncheon. Missed a price rise on Puncheon but I'm glad I didnt pull the trigger early on transfers. Could have been taking points hits to sort out the Costa stituation.

Sanchez being highly doubtful for the game is disappointing. He was the standout captains choice.

Cazorla and Ramsey nailed for the next two matches. Two of Ozil, Walcott, and Rosicky will start against Villa and then with Alexis back there's only one spot left. For the Leicester match, it's anyone's guess since Welbeck and Ox will be back. I wouldn't expect any of them (besides maybe Ramsey) to start all of the next five.

Nailedness: 1. Ramsey 2. Cazorla 3. Ozil 4. Walcott

Ye IM thinking of getting Ramsey. He is playing as far forward as cazorla . I think i'll be going back to a strong front 8 and Ramsey has a good fixture this week and gw 27. Ings will be my bench player most weeks but also will have a good gw 27 fixture swa home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Cazorla or Eriksen guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

redarmy wrote: »
    Cazorla or Eriksen guys?

Cazorla arrived, Eriksen departed earlier in week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsey :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Ramsey and Giroud OR Chadi and rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Would Giroud and Cazorla be a bit much Arsenal?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Ramsey :eek:

I've a feeling with everyone going for cazorla walcott and giroud. The old nemesis rambo may do the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I've already got ageuro, so its either defoe or giroud for costa, defoe is more appealing to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Jaysus lads.

So. I've done Costa to Giroud, and have 9.0 to spend for a -4, as doesn't seem to be much point in leaving Siggy on the bench for the next 3 weeks.

I was initially going to go with maybe Puncheon or Johnston, or any other player under 6.4, so that I'd be able to bring Costa back in in one move when he's back. But maybe it'd be better to spend the money than have it sitting in the bank - I can afford Cazorla, Oscar, Sterling etc.

Anyone care to share their opinion on who to blow that -4 on?

:confused:

FFGW23.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

OK, have brought in Giroud for Costa, my backup midfielder is Jones who's not great.

Do you reckon it's worth launching Sanchez for the moment and if so who do you recommend I bring in to replace him?

With Sanchez out of team I'll have £17.2m to spend.

ETA: Replacing Sanchez will be a -4 for me.

5WpvF9.png

I've a feeling with everyone going for cazorla walcott and giroud. The old nemesis rambo may do the business.

Haha its just funny its been a while since he's been mentioned on here! But very true as has been mentioned that he's fairly nailed once fit, and if Coquelin (exclusively a defensive mid) keeps his place this suits Ramsey in terms of license to get forward. I may have to consider bringing the great man back in to my team :eek: It is named in his honour after all :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Worried about not having Aguero but it's hardly worth doing Ings to him for -4 is it? Will have no City cover for Chelsea game which feels strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Should I start krul or heaton

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

I have the same dilemma. Veering towards Krul at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Worried about not having Aguero but it's hardly worth doing Ings to him for -4 is it? Will have no City cover for Chelsea game which feels strange.

I don't have aguero and it doesn't bother me at all. On wildcard so could if I wanted he'll be straight in next week though! Having a quickie with rvp first.

• Advertisement

What is the story with Sanchez?

Could punt him for a week for someone else for a points hit if it has a return. WC to play

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Also leaning towards Krul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Giroud and Adam Johnson in for Costa and Albrighton. Happy enough with that now. Gonna captain and vice captain them respectively too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Di Maria silva Oscar or downing. Goin wit hazard eriksen cazorla so far need one of the others

Di Maria silva Oscar or downing. Goin wit hazard eriksen cazorla so far need one of the others

ADM - 2 assists since 21.10.2014 (granted, he was injured for some of that time)
    Silva - I'm open to correction, but I don't think City have won a game since Yaya went to the ACN
    Oscar - you already have Chelsea coverage

Which leaves you with Downing. TA-DAAAAA! (<- That's how you work it out :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Silva to somebody is my transfer or Austin or Clark. 0.5 in the bank. 1 week punt with WC next week.

Who do I get?

Theo, Sanchez, Hazard and Georgie B my other mids. Kane and Sergio up front.

I expect the answers to be ready in the morning please and thanks :pac:

Might as well go wild for 1 more GW :)

• Advertisement

Silva to somebody is my transfer or Austin or Clark. 0.5 in the bank. 1 week punt with WC next week.

Who do I get?

Theo, Sanchez, Hazard and Georgie B my other mids. Kane and Sergio up front.

I expect the answers to be ready in the morning please and thanks :pac:

Might as well go wild for 1 more GW :)

Sanchez-->Nolan

manual_man wrote: »
    Sanchez-->Nolan

Well played :pac:

Wait and see he'll score tomorrow now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Wildcard already played.. No costa Fabregas and possibly Sanchez this week. I'm ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Austin -> Defoe
    Am I mental?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

gar wrote: »
    Austin -> Defoe
    Am I mental?

Yesterday I thought so. Today I am signing defoe too so no.

• Advertisement

Is sanchez worth getting rid of for a points hit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Thinking of Costa Ings and Brady to Giroud Defoe and Elia for -8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

gar wrote: »
    Austin -> Defoe
    Am I mental?

I made the same transfer, Sunderland have 4 good fixtures in a row so it's not mental.

Dempsey wrote: »

Depends how much you bought him for and will you want him back. Also he is only doubtful he hasn't defintely been ruled out.

****ing ****. Went boozing and too hungover to think this through. Certainly can't play my wildcard in this state.

Costa -> Rooney for the day and then WC tomorrow / later on I suppose.

Depends how much you bought him for and will you want him back. Also he is only doubtful he hasn't defintely been ruled out.

I will want him back, he's nailed on starter when fit

OK so Mata, ADM or Elia in for Silva just for this week. Thinking of being a smartass and going for Mata but will he play I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good God, no. Just use your bench player for today mate.

Paully D wrote: »
    Good God, no. Just use your bench player for today mate.

Start Boyd ahead of him or hope Sanchez gets minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Start Boyd ahead of him or hope Sanchez gets minutes

Personally, I'm leaving Sanchez as a starter with van Aanholt first sub.

My reasoning is that I cannot risk Wenger deciding to start Alexis. Of course there's always a risk it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go and they throw him on for a 1 pointer, but I'm chancing that with hamstring injury they'll either start him or leave him out completely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement