If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know how many amps are coming in/out of my plug

Options
  • 17-01-2015 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to ask, mods please move if not. I have a mini projector at home and the plug has gone in it. I went to an electronics shop to get a replacement and the guy there asked me how many amps it was. I hadnt a clue. I check the spec of the projectors power supply online and this is what it says '110-240 V AC, 0-60 Hz, 12 V@2 A for the Eu and UK'. I still dont know how many amps I should tell him in the shop. Can someone who knows about this stuff help me out please. Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to ask, mods please move if not. I have a mini projector at home and the plug has gone in it. I went to an electronics shop to get a replacement and the guy there asked me how many amps it was. I hadnt a clue. I check the spec of the projectors power supply online and this is what it says '110-240 V AC, 0-60 Hz, 12 V@2 A for the Eu and UK'. I still dont know how many amps I should tell him in the shop. Can someone who knows about this stuff help me out please. Thanks
    Hi DeSelby83.

As far as I know the bit you are interested in for a replacement power supply is:
    110-240 V AC, 0-60 Hz, 12 V@2 A

The Amps on the above is the 2A part so it is rated at 2 amps. It means the rating of this type of power supply is 12 Volts @ 2Amps.

If you do not get the correct power supply it could damage the projector so please make sure that the one you get is 12V @ 2A.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.