Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Registering a foreign bike

• 17-01-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I am filling the form to re-register a motorbike currently registered in France. I bought it new in the UK in 2008 and then transferred it to France after 6 months or so, and I was resident in France until recently.

We are a bit late registering it here and can't apply for exemption.

One of the forms I have is a VRT -Vehicle Purchase Details Form (VRTVPD2) which requires a bill of sale or declaration of sale from the seller to be attached to the VRTVPD2. I can't find the original invoice but I have a copy of the UK registration form.

Is this VRTVPD2 form actually needed, bearing in mind I have owned the vehicle from new and it is now almost 7 years old?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

In my experience a handwritten reciept will do - it will be unlikely to be questioned once you have something plausible/credible that they can scan into their system.
    Once, the helpful bloke in the NCT centre even lent me a pen and paper (*cough) as I developed a sudden need to make a note about something after I had lost the original reciept . :D
    However another time I didn't bother with the receipt and was charged extra money for the six months the bike had been in the country before I went to register it. NCT person was very apologetic as I could have provided a 'reciept' had I had the sense to do so. All small money in my case - less than €40 either way but informative nonetheless.
    I think that if you turn up with a plausible document confirming the sale nobody will challenge it. At the end of the day if you're not trying to con anybody you'll be fine.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roynie

Thanks Seamus, a very useful info. My missus might be in your position as we brought her bike over on a trailer in September it was broken and we have only just got around to fixing it a couple of weeks ago. At least I have now found a copy of my original receipt and the original of hers, hopefully that will be enough.

Thanks.

Advertisement