Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teacher Parental Leave

• 17-01-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Can parental leave be taken after maternity leave or would unpaid leave be better?
    I was looking at the circular for parental leave and it said it must be done for a minimum of 7 days and that you can do it in blocks. Is it possible then to take parental leave in blocks and still get paid for any holidays that fall during that period. For example taking parental leave from Feb To May. Taking in blocks can it be possible to get paid for Feb Mid term and Easter hols?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

cb7 wrote: »
    Can parental leave be taken after maternity leave or would unpaid leave be better?
    I was looking at the circular for parental leave and it said it must be done for a minimum of 7 days and that you can do it in blocks. Is it possible then to take parental leave in blocks and still get paid for any holidays that fall during that period. For example taking parental leave from Feb To May. Taking in blocks can it be possible to get paid for Feb Mid term and Easter hols?

Not sure about the first part of your question but yes to the second part.
    Everyone I know has taken their parental leave in blocks so that they can get paid for any holiday weeks that fall during the leave (you can def get paid for Mid term and Easter hols)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cb7

Great thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

You put in for your leave in blocks of weeks that cover the time you'd be in school, e.g. if there's 6 weeks from the end of Feb break to start of Easter holidays you put in 6 weeks to cover that and then your holidays are left alone. The next block you would take is the number of weeks from the first day back after Easter holidays to the last day you would be working in May. Does that make sense? I took Parental Leave after my last maternity leave and I found the ASTI very helpful in explaining the blocks and what way to take it as I didn't have a clue. I just rang and asked them to talk me through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

cb7 wrote: »

Yes you can take the parental leave and get paid for hols however if possible I would take the unpaid mat leave then come back for the last week of May and bank my parental leave :)

Advertisement