Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting my Son's hair

Options
  • 17-01-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 year old son who refuses to let his hair be cut. I can't get anywhere near him to do it and trying to trick him into the barber's didn't work either. He really needs it cut, any ideas please?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I get a hairdresser to house to do my hair and they do my little girls then: is that an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

I'm afraid not, the mere sight of a scissors or clippers or anything got to do with hairdressers and he goes mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Did you try the kiddie cuts in the mothercares here you can sit in an aeroplane or car etc.. and they have cartoons on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

My grandson would not let anyone near his hair...tried everything I including hairdresser to House...you name it...we tried it to no avail. The only thing that worked was his father bought a hair cutting kit from Argos...a razor etc specifically for children. He now lets his father cut his hair...his father has no idea how to cut hair but has managed to make a fair job of it so far .

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

My son was the son we started by letting him go with his dad just to watch never said a word about his hair even though it badly needed a cut. He would be hysterical if he thought he had to get his hair cut. One day another toddler was getting his cut and he just said can I get mine done. We were shocked as he was a nightmare to try to get his hair cut, two of us literally pinned him to a seat! I think seeing other people getting it done with no pressure on him eased it a bit. He still needs a bit of coaxing but nothing like the drama we used to have !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Have you tried bribery? Sometimes it's the only way.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My son used to go mad as well when we had to cut his hair. What worked in the end was that his dad would cut his own hair in front of him, and then suggest cutting my son's hair. He loves doing things like his daddy so that worked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

yup just peer observation is the best way for the hot heads.

1st time sat in airplane watching peppa pig and bawlled the whole way.

2nd time he watched me twice at barbers and then went with the ma to a barbers.. saw a few kids getting cut so didn't mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

brought my son along with me to watch me getting my hair done a few times.
    When his time came he just sat in the chair and away we went.....and he got a lollipop afterwards from the barber :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

maybe you tube other kids getting their hair cut. ive no experience tbh as SIL is hairdresser and does our baba's which is fine.
    But i used you tube to show daughter other kids getting eye tests, being examined by doctors and even other kids on scooters (after me and OH spend months getting on her little kiddy scooter you tube done the job).
    it might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

When we are getting my son's hair cut, Daddy always gets his hair cut as well. My son will watch daddy and sit in my lap for his hair cut. It means I get covered in his hair but it works. Also, hairdresser always gives a lolly which helps :)

Advertisement