Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice from doctors/nurses in Ireland

Options
  • 17-01-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hey guys this might be a very stupid question but does anyone know of any online sites/call centres where you can contact an Irish doctor/nurse and discuss a personal health issue over the phone.

This literally just came into my head in the last few minutes. I have an issue and I've been meaning to go to a doctor about it for months now - its not life threatening or bad for my health in any way. It's just a small medical question and I want a professional opinion.

I'm very healthy so never have to go to a doctor for anything else so I don't have the opportunity to just bring it up when I'm having an appointment for something else. I have considered making an appointment but life gets in the way and as its not that important I keep putting it off - that and I don't want to waste my time and a doctor's money for nothing.

Anyone have any advice/contact details?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

dmullins3 wrote: »
    Hey guys this might be a very stupid question but does anyone know of any online sites/call centres where you can contact an Irish doctor/nurse and discuss a personal health issue over the phone.

This literally just came into my head in the last few minutes. I have an issue and I've been meaning to go to a doctor about it for months now - its not life threatening or bad for my health in any way. It's just a small medical question and I want a professional opinion.

I'm very healthy so never have to go to a doctor for anything else so I don't have the opportunity to just bring it up when I'm having an appointment for something else. I have considered making an appointment but life gets in the way and as its not that important I keep putting it off - that and I don't want to waste my time and a doctor's money for nothing.

Anyone have any advice/contact details?

If you have VHI cover there is a number you can call to speak to a nurse for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

jh79 wrote: »
    If you have VHI cover there is a number you can call to speak to a nurse for advice.

don't have any form of health insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Think of it this way - why would any doctor give you medical advice for free, when they can charge you 50-60 euro for it?

If you have a medical issue, go to a doctor. They can't diagnose you over the phone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

If you ring DDoc, you'll get talking to a nurse ... it's supposed to be for emergencies, though.

Advertisement