Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doon lake or dromore lake co clare

• 17-01-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Goin heading off for a couple of hours tomorrow going too try one of these lakes anyone fished them lately for pike??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Get out early db97, at first light. An awful lot of pike are caught in those first few hours in the morning.

I fished Doon just the once so can't give any definite answer on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭db97

Thanks for the reply man and have you any idea what side I should go to ?? Im really stuck for a spot any chace you could pm me where ti try reedsie ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

You'll know as much as me after today db97. Hope you had a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭db97

After goin all the way too doon lake had a look around and was sickened it was flooded aawell as kilgory lake and avoher lake they all looked like very good spots thou.. I think these lakes would be great in the summer.. I went to o briens bridge then witch was also flooded and there was a few fishing there all with no joy so its lookin like o briens bridge is cleared out for the pike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 richfl

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any current info on how the lakes of East Clare are fishing for pike?

Taking three novices down next weekend, hoping to get out on a boat if the water levels aren't too high.

Also, if the water levels are v high, can anyone recommend a lake you could still rent and launch a boat on? Would rather go out on a smaller lake rather than Derg if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement