Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish women hiding their beauty?

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭The Masculinist

Faith+1 wrote: »
    And me.....just shows me what I'm missing in Irish women.

I missed their wicked "sense of humour".

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Every woman has a price! No such thing as a free ride Candie. Drinks, Dinner, Cinema, etc.... it all adds up. Try telling a girl we'll go for a walk in the park and when we're finished is it your place or mine?

Dinner twice?

That's a schoolboy error right there. She probably thought you're a fatty.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Easy for you to say.Its not just Facebook, its how you look always. Seeing yourself on Facebook just reinforces the negative feelings. And its not even vanity, its pretty much the opposite. Do you know how crushing it is to nearly constantly be thinking about how ugly you perceive yourself to be, to feel as if everyone in any room you walk into is just thinking about how unattractive you are, its anxiety inducing and its life destroying. I WISH I could have just said oh its just stupid Facebook pictures who cares,it would have been a load off my mind, I could have ****ing enjoyed my life, but I couldn't. I wish I had been given counselling or something to help me but my parents just though it was vanity, ha. I only now realise that I had a very severe body dysmoprhic disorder and it ruined my earlier teen years completely. At times I felt like plastic surgery was the only option I had so that I could live a happy life.

My understanding is that body dysmorphic disorder is best treated with help from a mental health professional, not a plastic surgeon.

I still think that worrying about your photos on Facebook is best and easily dealth with by a) taking fewer photos, and b) stepping away from Facebook. It's not compulsory you know, and if it's damaging your self esteem it seems like a sensible thing to do to invest less time and thought into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Try telling a girl we'll go for a walk in the park and when we're finished is it your place or mine?

An attractive man who women aren't repulsed by doesn't have to pay for women - sorry bud. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Every woman has a price! No such thing as a free ride Candie. Drinks, Dinner, Cinema, etc.... it all adds up. Try telling a girl we'll go for a walk in the park and when we're finished is it your place or mine?

Enlighten me. What do they say if you try saying that?

• Advertisement

Dinner twice?

That's a schoolboy error right there. She probably thought you're a fatty.

Or simply repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Or simply repulsive.

Maybe. Yeah. I dunno.

I don't care, really. Sexy people don't have to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fitness Motivation

So what about the perception of male beauty :)

Gym and Sun Shower orange seem to be becoming more popular with Irish Lads too and Let's be fair on Irish girls, They have definitely got more personality than girls abroad despite the foreign beauty appeal of the many women abroad.

The grass is always greener on the other side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Candie wrote: »
    My understanding is that body dysmorphic disorder is best treated with help from a mental health professional, not a plastic surgeon.

I still think that worrying about your photos on Facebook is best and easily dealth with by a) taking fewer photos, and b) stepping away from Facebook. It's not compulsory you know, and if it's damaging your self esteem it seems like a sensible thing to do to invest less time and thought into it.

Obviously, but I didn't have access to mental health professionals, and to a 15 year old a plastic surgeon seems like a better option to cure this particular problem. And yes I know, you said that already, but that doesn't help when its literally the only thing on your mind 24/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

An attractive man who women aren't repulsed by doesn't have to pay for women - sorry bud. :)

All women are repulsed by men....it's called feminism.

• Advertisement

If those posters come off even a fraction as pitiable in real life as they do here, I'm not surprised they want to reduce women to a level they feel they can manage. It's very difficult when you feel that inferior that you need to berate others so you feel better about yourself. They must have no love or happiness in their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So what about the perception of male beauty :)

A big hairy ballbag is one of natures most beautiful creations :pac:

Blaming 'feminists' for personal shortcomings is the battle cry of the unappealing dullard.

Good one. :confused: Brains to burn too, I see.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Enlighten me. What do they say if you try saying that?

Her-Not my place sorry. I don't get paid enough because it's a male conspiracy to keep us oppressed. That's why I still live at home.

Super sexy me- Okay love I'll leave you to it. Hoped you liked the butter in the popcorn.

Candie wrote: »
    Blaming 'feminists' for personal shortcomings is the battle cry of the unappealing dullard.

You've really shown me what Im missing in Irish woman. So charming and appealing to both the eyes and ears. I love you Candie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Hall & Sall. This computer recognition of male and female is robotic and computerised, let's not become as such.

For instance, a lady I once met and became a short-time friend of which left on her travels to elsewhere always woke up and got very nervous about not having make-up on the ready. But I new she looked great without it, and I told her, but she couldn't see it even though I knew she looked better without it.

The reflection of a mirror can do strange things to a person. The mirror goes back to the ancient magic philosophies of long past time. Just because an individual woman thinks she is not beautiful personally, there are always good decent men that will find her beautiful whether this woman thinks it or not.

There is always some-one that will find a person beautiful no matter what. True in the reality of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

You've really shown me what Im missing in Irish any woman. So charming and appealing to both the eyes and ears. I love you Candie.

FYP.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    FYP.

Thanks hun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fitness Motivation

Cienciano wrote: »
    A big hairy ballbag is one of natures most beautiful creations :pac:

haha a true male perception if ever i saw one ;) !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Is it weird that as a woman I've no interest in male attention at all? I've often wondered is this some kind of psychological problem that needs fixing. maybe I should call my doctor and ask for a referral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

A good seeing to would sort you right out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Don't seem to have the need nor the urge for a good seeing to meself. It's all a bit Cray Cray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

pharmaton wrote: »
    Don't seem to have the need nor the urge for a good seeing to meself. It's all a bit Cray Cray.

Each to their own.

What's Cray Cray?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

househero wrote: »
    Each to their own.

What's Cray Cray?

Special edition crayons

Faith + 1, The Masculinist, Comewatmay - banned.

Dress it up however you like, but your misogynistic "opinions" aren't welcome on this site so either keep them to yourself or go elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement