Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local stockists of 'Selfie Sticks'

• 17-01-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭

Anybody seen any of these for sale around Limerick, can get them on DoneDeal but would rather see one in the flesh before buying

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I can't recall which one but I saw some in one of the mobile phones shops in the Crescent. Maplins and Argos or any of the mobile phone accessory shops would probably have them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

Tesco in the Crescent (the hardware one) had them before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Babs1188

Spotted them in Currys and PCWorld over near the Parkway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I saw them in CompuB in Dublin so they might also stock them in the Limerick branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

They were in Home Store and More before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have seen in Tesco and Dunnes. In a big bucket. They don't seem to be shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

They still have them in home store and more was only up there on Monday and they had them.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Everytime I've seen someone use one in a pub the phone has fallen out at some point and hopped off the floor so beware!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Everytime I've seen someone use one in a pub the phone has fallen out at some point and hopped off the floor so beware!

Yeah I'm sure the quality of them can be varied that's why I didn't want to buy online, was in New York over new year & every Tom, Dick & Harry had one, need to pick one up for a forthcoming trip
    Seen them for between €8 & €35, suppose you get what you pay for.

Thanks for replies, will check those mentioned at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭893bet

I would laugh.

Do people actually bring this **** out with them to place like the pub? what is wrong with peoples obsession with taking pictures like this. I was at a concert a few years ago an filmed my favorite song during the performance. Guess what. I pretty much missed the live version of it as i was concentrating on the recording. My point....you miss the actually moment as you are too busy trying to capture it!

A little off topic maybe.

OP

Try this and this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Oh we laughed!!

Personally I think they are silly, but each to their own.

Never even seen or heard of them before until a couple of weeks ago, but heading to Rome for the rugby match, just me & mrs, may come in handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 onliner

These were in Dunn's Childers Road at around 7 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

People don't seriously use these???

Haven't used one yet but yes, seemingly they are very popular especially in Asia & the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

You could just try keeping your eyes open in busy shopping streets or markets. I have seen these being sold on the street, in England, by people who look like serial sellers of the latest must-haves.

In one year's time, of course, these things will evolve. They won't be sticks, but drones you attach your valuable phone or camera to. In two years' time, hackers will work out how to take control of your drone to then steal your iPhone 12.34s. In three years' time, these drones will become self-aware and escape from their masters, and come back to film you in the shower, streaming the video onto the web, demanding Bitcoins as ransom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Is there a branch of 'Sticks for Thicks' in Limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

To me they are the symbol of our failure as a species and I hope you are buying them up all over town to bring them to a protest involving involving a mass burning. A bonfire of the modern day vanities.

I am totally supportive of the Belfie stick however

:)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2474836,00.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1 misslaurab_

Dunnes stores have them back in stock great value only €6 and the manager told me their getting a bluetooth version in next week and that's €15

Advertisement