Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor too powerful for the spring?

Options
  • 17-01-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I am getting a G&P MOE Carbine soon and the motor is a G&P M120. The gun is shooting at 340 so I am going to downgrade it. I believe there is a M100 spring it in at the moment so I plan on getting a M90 spring and putting that it in. The motor is designed to pull M120 springs so will that be a problem? Should I keep the stock spring and maybe switch out to a high torque motor instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Afaik changing the motor will not effect fps just the rate of fire
    I've known of people with 90 springs in G&P's that had m120's and they worked fine with a nice rate of fire.

Other things like the cylender the air seal of the cylender head and hop unit and the diameter of your inner barrel are going to have the most effect (aswell as your spring) on your fps

Why is the fps so high? Are you ordering from abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jty0yt

Ordering it local. They were going to switch the spring but the tech is gone on holidays and they only have a M85. They regular staff don't want to work on such a high end AEG and risk breaking it as it is discontinued. The seal is supposed to be great! Thanks for the info.

I am going to install a 6.03 barrel, will that lower or increase FPS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jty0yt wrote: »
    I am getting a G&P MOE Carbine soon and the motor is a G&P M120. The gun is shooting at 340 so I am going to downgrade it. I believe there is a M100 spring it in at the moment so I plan on getting a M90 spring and putting that it in. The motor is designed to pull M120 springs so will that be a problem? Should I keep the stock spring and maybe switch out to a high torque motor instead?

Swappin out the spring should be fine no need to swap out the motor. A high torque motor in all likihood are much more powerfull than G&P M120 motor you could run into issues like over spin then which also depends on the battery you use aswell!.

Nice, what about a M100 spring instead? Should be better.

• Advertisement

I am going to install a 6.03 barrel, will that lower or increase FPS?

Not a whole pile, some report 10-15fps have never got anythin more than 5.

Nice, what about a M100 spring instead? Should be better.

Depending on your setup, airseal in your gearbox and hop up assembly you should be hitting the 320 mark, but all brand springs are different they state the same but will give you a different reading its all luck really, had a ultimate m100 spring put my KWA at 340, used a different brand of m100 and came back with 325, so i snipped a coil off and it dropped it to 320fps.

I will grab an M100 and then the technician that I will use locally will snip it off if needs be! Thank you for the all the replies.

Or does anyone know of any technicians in the wexford area? In case mine doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I'd go for an M85 or M90 spring mate, if this AEG is a high end AEG, you're hoping the air seal will reflect that. an M100 spring will put out 1J so a good air seal and TBB will put it over.
    I used M85's in everything i upgrade, fix or build. Cutting a spring is an option but honestly I'd rather have a rifle firing at 310 with an M85 spring than 320 with a cut M100, just my opinion mind you.

A TBB could increase the velocity marginally or greatly like mentioned, 10 FPS or so is normal however my Raider went from 300 or so to 370, so took the stock spring out, dropped an M85 in, checked the air seal and hop up unit and they were all perfect, literally no air leaks and now it fires at 316 everytime without fluctuation.

Hope that helps,
    As for techs, don't know really sorry

• Advertisement
Advertisement