Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny Journal

Options
  • 17-01-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Michael McGrath. What do you folks on here know of/about him please?

PM/Inbox me if necessary as it's quite a touchy subject that his latest FB posts're alleging; defamation would be being polite about it.

The Staff concerned're quite upset & HSE Legal Team're dealing with it but FB're notoriously difficult to deal with and contact regarding removing posts etc.

Injunction might not get an immediate hearing over the weekend but one hopes it'll be dealt with first thing Monday morning.

He runs the KJ himself, alone. No Staff so any reference to "We" is bizarre.

Disagree with him or attempt to profer an alternative opinion? You'll be restricted to sharing his posts only and not commenting on them.

I wouldn't suggest sharing his posts as they're quite right wing, bizarre, off the wall etc.

I attempted to bring some of the balance that BAI are so fond of into an Anti Gay Marriage post or two he'd up & that's when I got my marching orders.

Opinions welcome on this one please.............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Saw what he was alleging. It'll cost him big time if they take legal action which I hope they do. It's not fair to the staff and patients there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

It's quite a disgraceful article, I must agree. Obviously an emotional time for the man, whom I don't know personally, but this is way out of order and will surely have repercussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭ngcxt6

That guy is often writing and posting racist, sexist, and generally crazy news articles. He's a loonie.
    Remember when Mairead Moran was murdered? You want to see the shíte he was writing about her on his page. So insensitive.

Some people will believe his vitriolic statements though so may stop dealing with the hospital indefinitely. If he has issues why doesn't he get help instead of using that page as a soundboard for his fanatical innuendos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭ngcxt6

Oh dear god did you see what he wrote about St Columba's hospital in Thomastown? What an absolute eejit! I thought the post about st lukes was bad.

Where does this idiot get off all high and mighty with his medical knowledge acquired from the internet? I'm sure he knows much more than the doctors who trained for nearly a decade and nurses who are highly experienced.

I hope the HSE legal team destroy him.

• Advertisement

I've reported his comments to Facebook but surprise, surprise they did nothing about it. The HSE will win if any legal action is taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Never heard of him, or the Kilkenny journal, what has he said about Thomastown or Luke's and where did he say it?

Edit:
    Thanks for link Nokia6230i

Jebus, the man has serious issues. If the Thomastown post had been one off I might have chalked it down to grief, and taking it out on everyone, but he seems quite an angry bitter man generally. Some quite nasty posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

This man is a crack pot. I have been banned off his page along time and it was the best thing that ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

He seems like an attention seeking.....
    If it was so incredibly defamatory the best job would be to ignore him.

He's looking to go viral and I'd say will feed off all this attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

He's since deleted the 3-4 Status Updates he had up and has also removed the original post from his website. I'd say blog but that's an affront to proper bloggers.

Majority of his stuff is incendiary & polarising and dissent or an attempt to engage in debate or add balance results in one being restricted to sharing the Status Updates; to do this though merely gives him the oxygen of publicity & he needs this to attract sponsors.

If he can provide statistics as to reach, page impressions for potential advertisers fair enough but majority aren't reading them because they agree; indeed like todays it's because the posts're objectionable.

There's so many instances of objectionable postings that I'm quite surprised he's so open about his address! Saving grace for him is it's, and he stresses this for those, like me, who're not from the city, that it's beside the Gda. Stn.

• Advertisement

Anyone who opposes his views is banned from his page or blocked. He needs serious help.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Hadn't heard of him until I saw this thread, took a look at his facebook page and certainly some of the things written are very narrow minded, gay marriage leads to pedophile rings, was my personal favorite.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Never even heard of this gobsh1te till now. At least his rubbish isn't spreading fast. I'd say ignore him and some day the poor man will be forgotten about. Either that or a good kick up the hole.

kikel wrote: »

Nice to see he hasn't changed much throughout the years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Had a quick look too see who is the registered owner of www.kilkennyjournal.ie and it is showing that the domain isn't registered and is actually available for purchase for 69.00 so he clearly isn't on top of everything. Who ever he is. The abuse I received elsewhere when I disagreed with a comment he made...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

His domain is spelt with an 'a'

http://www.kilkennyjournal.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

He's a loon. I've been banned from the page for having an opinion that didn't agree with his. Judging by the posts about St. Columbas it seems he was referring to his own mother who died there late last week……..he has since erased all those posts but I have screenshots taken.

Personally I hope the HSE nail him (but they won't)…….it's about time he got a slap with a legal stick. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Been reading his facebook page, he seems to have an awful issue with gay people. very odd indeed.
    He even seems to think that all the big political partys including SF are in on the gay agenda....

not sure what he thinks the gay agenda is, but any gay person I've ever talked to merely wants equality, thats not much of an "agenda".

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

A sad, lonely old man with a lot of mental health issues who got access to the internet and pretended to be a once legitimate newspaper. So that's how that happened.

And he was part of Ireland's Nazi movement too. McGrath and his Kilkenny 'cell' are mentioned at the end of this very comprehensive article on Irish Nazism. So there's that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,556 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've seen this guy around because of posts relating to the Same sex marriage referendum. He's probably one of the most close minded unaccepting people I've in countered. Who's real.

Advertisement