Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion Bloggers and endorsements

• 17-01-2015 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering does anybody know the deal about fashion bloggers and endorsements??

I mean to say if a fashion blogger has been given clothes for free, or has been paid just to feature that certain shop or website's brand on their blog, are they legally obliged to tell their followers??

I mean it is quite obvious that certain bloggers have been paid/ given free products in order to be featured or given a good review and I don't know for sure but I thought they had to tell their followers. I don't know, I thought they had to give a disclaimer of some sort like ''Oh the lovely people at River Island have asked me to feature their new line or I have been given this lovely foundation by MAC''.

For example (I could be completely wrong, but it's my opinion from reading it - check it out yourselves and see what you think) all So Sue Me's recent Outfit posts have been solely river island or missguided with a few vintage items thrown in, but only links to these 2 shops. In my opinion it appears that she has been paid to only endorse these 2 brands and I think it is unfair to her readers or any bloggers readers to believe something is an honest style or review when really it is a paid advert. (PLEASE DONT USE THIS AS A SO SUE ME BASHING THREAD, I only used her blog as an example because it is most known one I could think of).

Does anyone know for sure the deal on this or have anymore bloggers that appear to be guilty of this? :)

Advertisement