Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saving minecraft content on xbox1

Options
  • 17-01-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭

Hi,

the young lad has minecraft on the xbox1.

Apologies in advance for the stupid question but how do you save already created content without having to go back to the start every time.

thanks in advance for any help

TbL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It should auto save , or press the menu button and save.

Only reason I can think of it not saving is if you are starting a game using those sample texture pack they have when creating a new wolrd but you get a notification telling you it wont be saved i think.

So at the title screen, click create new world , choose survival or creative mode , the difficulty. Texture should be left on the default as the others are just samples of ones you can buy separately but add nothing to the game only how it looks, then click create new world.

You can go into more options also and click generate structures and bonus chest, this will spawn a village in the world somewhere, and a chest near the start point with some items.

So the next time he plays his world should on the list of saves there on the title menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Only reason I can think of it not saving is if you are starting a game using those sample texture pack they have when creating a new wolrd but you get a notification telling you it wont be saved i think.

tnx Calex for the response, much appreciate it.

I was getting the message above and couldn't save the content, it kept telling us I needed Gold and I ended up spending 20 yoyos on it for 3 months.

Did I just waste €20??

Tnx again

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tnx Calex for the response, much appreciate it.

I was getting the message above and couldn't save the content, it kept telling us I needed Gold and I ended up spending 20 yoyos on it for 3 months.

Did I just waste €20??

Tnx again

TbL

Yeah you didn't need gold, but sure it's not a total loss , if you look on the dashboard you should now see a 'get your free game' tile there. Gold members get a free game every month the snag being you have to stay gold. You can get 12 months for around 35 quid online on various sites if you want to keep it down the line after the other one expires, this month D4 is free but might not be suitable for a wee lad, but Worms battlegrounds is free with gold too and that would be suitable I'd say. Free games change on the 1st of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Tnx Again, at least its not totally wasted so.

Fair play

TbL

Advertisement