Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet systems development

• 17-01-2015 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey ,

Just wondering what the course is like?

What is the work load like etc how much assignments per night?

What coding languages do ye learn?

Is this very similar to software development and which course is better?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 markjk

Pretty interesting course, go for it. work load is pretty big, but if you get a handle on it early you should fly through the 3 years or +1 add on year. I just finished my final exam today.

Thanks for the reply! How did the exam go? , is it mostly programming web sites ( that's what I want to do ) , what job prospects are there and do you feel prepared?

Thanks for the reply! How did the exam go? , is it mostly programming web sites ( that's what I want to do ) , what job prospects are there and do you feel prepared?

It's very much java based web applications, in 1st year, which I skipped, you get foundation in java, dreamweaver, html, css, maths, 2nd year you study java server page, following the mvc model of programming, high level JavaScript, databases, java applications, 3rd is an extension to everything, php etc . Job prospect are wide ranging, I'm currently starting a job in .net development, the thing with it software jobs it's constant learning.

Nice so you found a job easily and did you learn .net in the course? On the lit page it doesn't state anything that you will be learning , I pick up from your post its mostly java!?

• Advertisement

Nice so you found a job easily and did you learn .net in the course? On the lit page it doesn't state anything that you will be learning , I pick up from your post its mostly java!?

No .net in the course but once you have handle on java it is easy enough to convert

markjk wrote: »
    No .net in the course but once you have handle on java it is easy enough to convert

Ok thanks for your help good look in the job!

Can anyone fill me in more about second year? Thanks

Advertisement