Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

With the Christmas show coming up, I would say Ray is going through his normal Christmas show check list.

- Lots of sad stories.
    - Andrew Maxwell dressed up as a elf
    - Grandma got knocked down by reindeer song
    -Eating on the radio
    -Kate and Tom to get mention/say something on the radio
    - Little star competition (or whatever its called, when they get a child to describe something associated with Christmas...its never a crib though).
    -Referring to Christmas songs on a grading scale of Baublers.

Anything else I am missing out on.

andrew maxwell the elf was funny the first time. Did he not usually bring one of the brats into todayfm and let them "cohost" the show with him? He was looking for callers last week who wanted to that cringe "thank you" slot he always does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

neris wrote: »
    andrew maxwell the elf was funny the first time. Did he not usually bring one of the brats into todayfm and let them "cohost" the show with him? He was looking for callers last week who wanted to that cringe "thank you" slot he always does

Out of everything listed, THAT was the one that had me thinking "Please God no!" Andrew Maxwell is a yawning chasm of unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    He'll surely mention his stuffing recipe at some point.
    Is there an egg in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is there an egg in it?
    No.

Just porridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭Red Fred

neris wrote: »
    Did he not usually bring one of the brats into todayfm and let them "cohost" the show with him?

Probably a better chance of his kids pressing the right buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

I see the BAI finally caught up with Mr Darcy...

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/complaints-over-abortion-discussion-on-ray-d-arcy-show-upheld-1.2460804

Only surprised it hasn't happened before now as any pretence to fairness or objectivity has been dispensed with if the presenter has a particular view on the topic under discussion...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Fair play to Ray. He made the story of an irish man who sold his business for 44 million into a misery piece. He also manged to ask how much of the 44 million he gets to keep.

Fair play to Ray. He made the story of an irish man who sold his business for 44 million into a misery piece. He also manged to ask how much of the 44 million he gets to keep.

What did he say

Ray asked was it rude to ask him how much he made out of the deal. The guest said yes it was and didn't answer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

He also manged to ask how much of the 44 million he gets to keep.

To be fair, that question is pretty standard when doing a piece like this, it's not just Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    To be fair, that question is pretty standard when doing a piece like this, it's not just Ray.

I think a standard, an fair, question would be to ask if he made money out of the deal. Ray always brings it back to how much or at the very least he always asks about money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jimceart

I was never a fan of Ray but I must say his tv show is excellent so I might have got it wrong before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jesus, he can really drag a boring story out can't he.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

7 hours wait for "Santa", jaysus you could sell some people anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I see Ray, after a reluctant start, has gotten right on board with the Operation Transformation. It's now Operation Ram Your Obesity Down Your F**king Throat with Ray D'Arcy.

Will he be doing both parts of Operation Transformation or is Kathryn Thomas still doing the tv show part of it

for 500k and the little work he does hed want to be doing both so rte get some sort of "value" out of the 500k they wasted on him n his harem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Not Ray's biggest fan but felt a bit sorry for him today-he mentioned a few times how Saturdays were tense for him. I know he is overpaid (and is just back from a holiday) but I'd say that he is feeling the pressure a bit

honeybear wrote: »
    Not Ray's biggest fan but felt a bit sorry for him today-he mentioned a few times how Saturdays were tense for him. I know he is overpaid (and is just back from a holiday) but I'd say that he is feeling the pressure a bit

I dont feel one bit sorry for him. RTE took the job from somebody who was doing a fine job on a fraction of the money, offered it to D'Arcy who gratefully accepted the job and the half million, in spite of the fact that he'd been cursing RTE from a height since the day he left. And, of course D'Arcy cant even say "I took the over the job", he has to comes out with this mealy mouthed sh1te like "I didnt take his job, it's just the way things work, it wasnt my idea".

Well do you know what Ray. You got the job and you got the damned money and somebody in RTE obviously likes you. So I dont care if you're nervous, lets see some end product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

honeybear wrote: »

No. Just no.
    Peter the eighth has it to a tee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Poor Ray with his lights,I'd say Jenny stood there with a smirk on her face after being lectured last year about how to wrap the xmas lights around cardboard so they wouldn't tangle..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

I heard the 'a bit tense on Saturdays' comment and I nearly crashed the car from laughing.

You'd think he was being led into the studios at Montrose each Saturday evening by masked men at gunpoint while his family are hostages at home.

Actually, now that I think of it, that's exactly how it comes across - radio and TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Interesting speech from Senator Jim Walsh.

http://www.newstalk.com/RTE-dismantled-licence-fee-Senator-Jim-Walsh-abortion-Ray-DArcy

He was bang on about Colm O'Gorman and D'arcy's cosy little chats. Absolutely no balance, and none of the usual interrupting, sighing, and "ah but you see" that you would get from D'Arcy is somebody is saying something that he doesn't agree with.

Senator Walsh also has a right go at "presenters who are on 400k to 450k for jobs that really dont require a great deal of qualifications". Couldn't possibly think of who he was having a go at there. :pac:
    Senator walsh is an idiot though, and i'm not being smart. He's worse than yer one fidelma in galway!

Senator walsh is an idiot though, and i'm not being smart. He's worse than yer one fidelma in galway!

I just read about what he said to Ivana Bacik -:eek:

Senator Jim Walsh tells Senator Ivana Bacik to “get treatment for haemorrhoids”

there's more!!

“Colleagues, that is what you are being asked to vote for,” stated Walsh, before finishing with a poem about an aborted baby crying on its way to the incinerator.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

cannot believe he just said that to that girl

awful awful interviewer

awful awful interviewer
    what?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Una Mullally brave and articulate as always - what a woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

awful awful interviewer

what did he say? let me guess, "so operation transformation leader, you are an awful size, have you tried running"

• Advertisement

"riddled" perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement