Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

what did he say? let me guess, "so operation transformation leader, you are an awful size, have you tried running"

I didn't hear it properly but it was something like "I'm not sticking my tougue up your non-existant rectum." I'm open to correction here.

He'd been talking to a woman who had bowel cancer.

The man is a total fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭serfboard

sligojoek wrote: »
    I didn't hear it properly but it was something like "I'm not sticking my tougue up your non-existant rectum." I'm open to correction here.

He'd been talking to a woman who had bowel cancer.
    The woman in question was The Irish Times' Una Mullally. The interview was following up on this article she wrote in the Times about being cancer free.

I heard a good bit of the interview - she's been through the mill. I didn't catch the last 10 minutes or so, so I didn't hear that comment. Pretty shocking if that's what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

He was saying how healthy she looked and said he "wasn't just blowing smoke up your rectum which doesn't exist anymore" which really is an unbelievable thing to say to her. Not sure how well he knows her.

It's right at the end of the interview, link below:

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20898711%3A19148%3A15%2D12%2D2015%3A

nc6000 wrote: »
    He was saying how healthy she looked and said he "wasn't just blowing smoke up your rectum which doesn't exist anymore" which really is an unbelievable thing to say to her. Not sure how well he knows her.

It's right at the end of the interview, link below:

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20898711%3A19148%3A15%2D12%2D2015%3A
    Thanks. I knew I wasn't 100% right. I was driving and talking to someone at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Matt copper just made a balls of playing a song on the breakfast show on today FM and Paul Collins said it was like Ray darcy. Taking shots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Regarding his comments to Una Mullally, Ray's failure to engage his brain before opening his mouth is staggering. Memo to Ray for 2016 - learn to self-edit!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'll listen to the interview when I get a chance but how did she react after he said that ? Just from the quote of what he said he really has no tact does he ? Eijit.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

I happened to be driving last week on thursday and friday while he was on so decided to have another listen.

I couldn't believe it as he seems to have gotten worse since I heard him last, rambling sentences, stuttering and pausing while talking to any guests. Also he seems to have enhanced his Kildare accent, perhaps he thinks he needs to point out he is "different" from his D4 cohorts.

Also as an aside I noticed in a pic in the star yesterday he seemed to either have gotten Bono style heels or was up on his toes to ensure he didn't look too short beside K Thomas....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'll listen to the interview when I get a chance but how did she react after he said that ? Just from the quote of what he said he really has no tact does he ? Eijit.

shocked embarrassed laughter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just listened to the interview. Jesus Christ the man is a grade A moron. He doesnt seem to have a brain filter at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ass actually sounds better than rectum....and who da fock says that to a lady anyway ...weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ass actually sounds better than rectum....and who da fock says that to a lady anyway ...weirdo

who says that to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Im cringing just reading it. What a wally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A new low for Raymondo. The man just keeps on giving.

And taking his salary from our licence fee....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭goochy

no fan of Ray or Una , but pretty certain he never mentioned rectum - just said' not trying to blow smoke up your' and didn't finish sentence ??

i think he may have said "your'rrrr"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If he never said what he is being accused of saying then this thread is bang out of order, I thought it was an absolutely disgraceful/despicable thing to say, I was shocked to read it. Now it turns out that somebody on this thread just made it up and others seem to have verified it?????
    So what he said was 'not trying to blow smoke up your......' and stopped himself???

If he never said what he is being accused of saying then this thread is bang out of order, I thought it was an absolutely disgraceful/despicable thing to say, I was shocked to read it. Now it turns out that somebody on this thread just made it up and others seem to have verified it?????
    So what he said was 'not trying to blow smoke up your......' and stopped himself???
    i listened back there a few times...i think he mumbled it, i heard this "blow smoke up yourrrreckomwhich doesn't exist anymore"

i listened back there a few times...i think he mumbled it, i heard this "blow smoke up yourrrreckomwhich doesn't exist anymore"

I listened myself and he really did say it:eek:
    What a fool!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Listen from 24 mins. Nobody made it up.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20898711%3A19148%3A15-12-2015%3A

the end was weird too, she laughed it off saying something about only coming on to raise the issue and he said "careful what you wish for" ....then silence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

OMG. He did say it....he is just unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭goochy

hopefully there will be another complaint lodged against him then , he had a dig last week about having to have both sides discussed - it was about something stupid so he was being sarcastic after ge4tting into trouble over right to life.. These incidents and the Pamela Anderson interview mean Ray is just going from bad to worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Incredible! Promoted beyond his level. He should be on children's tv, where he started. Zig and Zag's straight man. They were the actual talent. He went far on the back of them really. As did Ian Dempsey' an incredibly bland personality. Bland is popular though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

yeah I listened back too. "I dont mean to be blowing smoke up your.. well your rectum doesnt exist any more. arf arf arf. "

Crude and unprofessional.

And if we called him out on it (like the "Jack Nicolson" stand in) he would say nothing to do with me. Seriously wtf! There have to be better and younger broadcasters out there who can do a better job, deserve a chance, for a quarter of the price and without the entourage of Jenny and Will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

Nobody made it up, infact it would be quite something for someone to just make up.

Use the link and listen to the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just listened to it there. He is an absolute tool. How is this clown on the radio?

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Nobody made it up, infact it would be quite something for someone to just make up.

Use the link and listen to the interview.

I already acknowledged that 7 posts before yours, couldn't you have read on before replying??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement