Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

hey .......guess what....."page not found" when you click on the link now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

poor ray, he,ll need a day off after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

Now.... I want you all to listen to Ray saying it again and this time I need you to visualize .... yes visualize...... Willie O'Reilly, Jim Jennings and Noel Curran slowly counting out 500,000 Euro.... in ten euro notes...... some of these notes are yours......slowly now....... they're putting the money in a large sack........ now they're handing it to Ray D'Arcy...........he's smiling..... now he's laughing....... at you.....yes YOU!

Expunge wrote: »
    Now.... I want you all to listen to Ray saying it again and this time I need you to visualize .... yes visualize...... Willie O'Reilly, Jim Jennings and Noel Curran slowly counting out 500,000 Euro.... in ten euro notes...... some of these notes are yours......slowly now....... they're putting the money in a large sack........ now they're handing it to Ray D'Arcy...........he's smiling..... now he's laughing....... at you.....yes YOU!

after he laughs does he get in his "you see what i did there, you see, you see"

lessons on how to stop your xmas tree shedding......... riveting

840658148ab84b988212d6c5ce9493d9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Dunphy's as good a waffler as they come, I'd swear he was saying Mourinho was safe only very recently. Hmming about this and that and waffle about soap operas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

BarryD wrote: »
    Dunphy's as good a waffler as they come, I'd swear he was saying Mourinho was safe only very recently. Hmming about this and that and waffle about soap operas.

Up there with the best Barry, you are correct,hate the way he try's to portray himself as "The Man of the People" despite trousering huge wedges of dosh from many different sources.

Cannot warm to the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray ready to burst into tears

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

To be fair, you'd have said Mourinho was safe enough as recently as last week when they progressed in the Champions League, with the prospect of a game against Leicester (a team you'd expect them to beat) on the horizon. Situations change incredibly rapidly in football, and being beaten by Leicester changes the perspective greatly. I mean, if they were to win against Sunderland, Watford, Man U and Palace (their next 4 games) people would turn again. Dunphy isn't unique in his flip-flopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Dunphy isn't unique in his flip-flopping.

No he isn't unique but he was presenting himself as an expert today and observed that he wasn't surprised, it was on the cards etc. I'd say that's having it both ways. Why bother having 'experts' if all they do is waffle and tell the common man what he knows already? Why can't they stand over their previous pronouncements? When he was asked why, he waffled on about 'people in the know' and 'stuff in the background' etc. - making it up as he went along,as far as I could tell. Was Eamon paid for this?

• Advertisement

I went to RTE player this evening to hear the interview with Victoria Clarke about Shane MacGowan's new teeth documentary. I found this entry just below it.

When Ray took a much needed break Nigella Lawson came into studio to meet Will and give the listeners some help with their Christmas cooking.
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/ray/programmes/2015/1217/754698-ray-darcy-thursday-17-december-2015/

Now, I've been slacker than usual with work this year but I reckon I've still put in more hours than Ray.

Just looking back through that page.

Shane Mc Gowanand Kirsty Maccoll

Good to see our hard earned cash goes to pay top researchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

No he isn't unique but he was presenting himself as an expert today and observed that he wasn't surprised, it was on the cards etc. I'd say that's having it both ways. Why bother having 'experts' if all they do is waffle and tell the common man what he knows already? Why can't they stand over their previous pronouncements? When he was asked why, he waffled on about 'people in the know' and 'stuff in the background' etc. - making it up as he went along,as far as I could tell. Was Eamon paid for this?

That "people in the know" stuff annoys me. As fond as i am of the Giles-Brady-Dunphy dynamic, it is pretty clear that Dunphy is, to borrow his own phrase, a spoofer.

I listen to the Second Captains football podcast
    every week - during the intro they always play Dunphy's infamous quote "This fella Ronaldo is a cod". Good call Eamon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

I already acknowledged that 7 posts before yours, couldn't you have read on before replying??

Apologies, I didn't notice that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

nc6000 wrote: »
    He was saying how healthy she looked and said he "wasn't just blowing smoke up your rectum which doesn't exist anymore" which really is an unbelievable thing to say to her. Not sure how well he knows her.

It's right at the end of the interview, link below:

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A20898711%3A19148%3A15%2D12%2D2015%3A

Holy ****, he's got about as much tact as a Waffen SS interrogator.

I thought today fm were gona be keeping an eye on ray to make sure he wasnt nicking material from his old show? Or have they realised that what he was doing on todat fm in the last few years was utter twoddle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

neris wrote: »
    I thought today fm were gona be keeping an eye on ray to make sure he wasnt nicking material from his old show?

It's the most cringeworthy thing I've ever heard. And the same old "Do you know who this is ... arf arf arf" nonsense every time.

Flucking hell that was a dire song if it was even a song

Ray quickly brushing over the mention of die hard as a film to watch over xmas

Ray never saw himself as parental.... The man who never shuts up about his kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

I tried to listen to that clip (Una Mullaly) on the RTE player... is it my imagination, or has the end of the interview been cut...

Bet he mentions how Glenroe reminds him of having to do his homework on Sunday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

swarlb wrote: »
    I tried to listen to that clip (Una Mullaly) on the RTE player... is it my imagination, or has the end of the interview been cut...

It has been cut.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Bet he mentions how Glenroe reminds him of having to do his homework on Sunday nights.
    BINGO

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

If only he'd done it earlier, he might have got that extra half a point on his Leaving and became a doctor, and spared us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

If only he'd done it earlier, he might have got that extra half a point on his Leaving and became a doctor, and spared us all.

He'd bore the poor Fookin patients to death. :eek:
    Probably make them all eat porridge.
    Their gain is our loss.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

neris wrote: »
    I thought today fm were gona be keeping an eye on ray to make sure he wasnt nicking material from his old show? Or have they realised that what he was doing on todat fm in the last few years was utter twoddle
    Not sure how it works but he carried over the Dr Pixie & Conor Pope slots with him. Although todayfm still do these segments with different people. He didn't bring Aggie McKenzie with him, how do I get skiddies out of my jocks...
    He also interviewed a load of ex smokers on his RTE show which were first interviewed on today

All of the above and his "You know you're Irish when....." sh1te.

Today I heard that email bag nonsense with Arthur Murphy. Someone wrote in to ask about Fair City. The writer queried why Renee left Spar to go for a coffee break in her shop uniform, and then turned up in the coffee shop in clothes that she'd be wearing on a night out. Or something like that. Arthur's answer was "Because she's a very stylish woman"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

Not sure how it works but he carried over the Dr Pixie & Conor Pope slots with him. Although todayfm still do these segments with different people. He didn't bring Aggie McKenzie with him, how do I get skiddies out of my jocks...
    He also interviewed a load of ex smokers on his RTE show which were first interviewed on today

I heard Aggie on with him in the last 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

swarlb wrote: »
    nc6000 wrote: »
    It has been cut.

Thanks, i don't know how many times i listened to that & thought i'm missing something:(

Before long, it'll say DJ not found, never here :P
    I went to RTE player this evening to hear the interview with Victoria Clarke about Shane MacGowan's new teeth documentary. I found this entry just below it.

When Ray took a much needed break Nigella Lawson came into studio to meet Will and give the listeners some help with their Christmas cooking.
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/ray/programmes/2015/1217/754698-ray-darcy-thursday-17-december-2015/

Now, I've been slacker than usual with work this year but I reckon I've still put in more hours than Ray.

I heard that on Shane McGowan's partner, long interview & then played FONY & talked over the middle of it & said bye:eek::mad:

Thankfully his tv show is on a much needed break

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement