Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did anyone manage to get a copy of the Una Mullaly interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Synode wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get a copy of the Una Mullaly interview?

You can find it on the podcast page here.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_theraydarcyshow.xml

I was very surprised to find that they had PULLED what he said from both the full show podcast and from the single interview podcast. I listened to this same comment on the podcast the day it happened, so he obviously asked from the MP3 file to be edited and the comment to be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did anyone copy it before it was edited?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No. Sorry now that I didn't.The fact that they've pulled it means it obviously caused embarrassment to RD and RTE. If they had any balls they'd have left it there and issued an apology. But no, brush it under the carpet and pretend it never happened. They phased it out. on the first playback it sounded fine. the next day it sounded choppy like a bad Joe Duffy phone line. The day after that it was gone.

I tried to record it using Audacity the first day, when it was available in the player. I've only just reinstalled the PC so I was having a bit of trouble with the sound on it. My plan was to upload it to youtube, but to be honest, I've had stuff pull from youtube by RTE before. So when it didnt work right away, I wasnt spending all day to try and get a copy of it.

The quote that I did a few posts back is a pretty good representation of what he said though.

• Advertisement

Just one extra point. I was very surprised that the media didnt cover this. I can only presume that they werent brave enough to mention it because of the fact that the story was about Cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just one extra point. I was very surprised that the media didnt cover this. I can only presume that they werent brave enough to mention it because of the fact that the story was about Cancer.

The media are very very slow to pick up and comment on any negative about rte or an rte presenter. Just look at the lack of criticism or statin the bleedin obvious about the late late, ray darcy shows or liveline and their presenters. The irish media are so intertwined and close to each other personally that no dares criticise someone the might "need" for professional purposes a few days later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

neris wrote: »
    The media are very very slow to pick up and comment on any negative about rte or an rte presenter. Just look at the lack of criticism or statin the bleedin obvious about the late late, ray darcy shows or liveline and their presenters. The irish media are so intertwined and close to each other personally that no dares criticise someone the might "need" for professional purposes a few days later

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head.

Media is very incestious with,as you say,crossover tentacles and interaction between the various sections of printed,broadcast media.

Maybe social media is the best purveyor of the truth these days:eek:

If you go on sites like journal.ie or other news sites where readers can comment you get the real pucture of how the people feel and call the journalists out on their articles

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

There is a possibility the incident actually offended the guest and was so bizarre that perhaps she requested it to be removed and never mentioned again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Horse84

It is quite a serious thing to do though isn't it? To actually go about editing then removing a part of a broadcast. It's not quite fraud but it gives an insight into what he's about D'Arcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I dunno, maybe buried in all the dross in social media, there is some collective wisdom but you'd have to read an awful lot to get a sense of it? Take this thread - it's full of vitriol towards D'Arcy. Doubtless this reflects the opinions of people who write here but I very much doubt if it's typical of the Irish listening public as a whole.

"Susan Boyle is here with us today. And before you ask, No it's not THAT Susan Boyle. "

ye we know Ray we got burned with that one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I assume what you mean by "the bleedin obvious" about the LLS and Liveline is that they are hugely popular among the Irish people and have remained so for years? And that Ray D'Arcy's figures increased in his first book at RTE?

Seriously, people get so caught up in social media and forums like this that they fail to realise there's a whole country out there who, despite what you or I think, clearly enjoy these programmes.

Didn't hear the original interview, but the comment sounds like a typical D'Arcy blunder. Obviously, having not heard it, I can't condemn it (because context, tone, reaction of the person he said it to, etc are all very important in something like this) but at face value it's just yet another example of Ray's poor interviewing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

There is a possibility the incident actually offended the guest and was so bizarre that perhaps she requested it to be removed and never mentioned again.

Possibly.

But from what I know about Mullally, I'd be amazed if she doesn't use it for some self-promotion down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Take him apart Dustin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Take him apart Dustin:D

Yes is/was dustin on ? Dustin just says what we are all thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes is/was dustin on ? Dustin just says what we are all thinking.

on now

500k a year is being mentioned frequently

on now

500k a year is being mentioned frequently

Listening to it. "It's your first Christmas on rte ray, and your last.":D:D

Yeah that was fun. Surprised that Dustin hasnt picked up on the whole Buzzkill D'Arcy thing. He could knock some great fun of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

I'm surprised D'arcy is even working this week.

Yeah that was fun. Surprised that Dustin hasnt picked up on the whole Buzzkill D'Arcy thing. He could knock some great fun of that.

He has in the past but I don't think he's done it since Raymond moved to rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Possibly.

But from what I know about Mullally, I'd be amazed if she doesn't use it for some self-promotion down the line.

Doubt it. She needs her frequent appearances on RTE as well. She's not going to rock that particular boat if she values her career. She may choose to avoid Ray D'Arcy but that'll be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Listening to it. "It's your first Christmas on rte ray, and your last.":D:D

Guess there's no point listening back as Kim Jung Darcy will have it edited out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

If you go on sites like journal.ie or other news sites where readers can comment you get the real pucture of how the people feel and call the journalists out on their articles

I'm sorry but TheJournal.ie comments are a cesspit of trolls and morons. Only a level or two above Youtube comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I'm sorry but TheJournal.ie comments are a cesspit of trolls and morons. Only a level or two above Youtube comments.

100% agree. It doesn't matter how innocuous the topic, the Journal's comments inevitably descend into trolling and childish name-calling.

Just wondering, in that recent BAI judgement about D'Acry and Colm O'Gorman pontificating to us about the 8th Amendment, was it clarified as to whether O'Gorman was speaking in a personal capacity or as the head of Amnesty Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Running out of petrol in a car...if only cars had a gauge and warning light in them to indicate the level of fuel to prevent it from happening.

Running out of petrol in a car...if only cars had a gauge and warning light in them to indicate the level of fuel to prevent it from happening.

and if they made a bing noise to warn you aswell that,d be very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Ray is trying to see how many times he can mention his kids in one interview.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement