Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Running out of petrol in a car...if only cars had a gauge and warning light in them to indicate the level of fuel to prevent it from happening.

Ah yeah, but what about when the gauge fails.

Neven Maguire, again. Any news on the twins?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ah yeah, but what about when the gauge fails.

I always work off 2 systems, reset the trip computer on each fill too, that way if gauge fails you should know roughly when a fill is due :D

I always work off 2 systems, reset the trip computer on each fill too, that way if gauge fails you should know roughly when a fill is due :D

Makes sense. My Cortina doesnt have a trip computer however. It barely has a computer of any sort. I think the transistor was only in the design stages when my car was put together.

Mary Wilson and her smug, flippant, sarcastic questions. Cant stand the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd love to film a sketch involving D'Arcy attempting to work a car that has a load of computers in it. Picture him trying to reset the trip computer, but accidentally deactivating the electronic handbrake and crashing into the car in front, and much more hilarity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Red Fred wrote: »
    Ray is trying to see how many times he can mention his kids in one interview.
    They'll probably be in tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

sligojoek wrote: »
    No. Sorry now that I didn't.The fact that they've pulled it means it obviously caused embarrassment to RD and RTE. If they had any balls they'd have left it there and issued an apology. But no, brush it under the carpet and pretend it never happened. They phased it out. on the first playback it sounded fine. the next day it sounded choppy like a bad Joe Duffy phone line. The day after that it was gone.

maybe someone should write a letter to 'Arthur' asking him why was it cut...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

swarlb wrote: »
    maybe someone should write a letter to 'Arthur' asking him why was it cut...

Nah, waste of time sending anything to RTE.

Like the HSE it gobbles up everything thrown in its direction,until not even light itself escapes to inform the sender of even the slightest response.

Moral of the story- don't waste your time and bandwidth .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

They'll probably be in tomorrow anyway.

Perhaps not. Ray finished today's show saying tomorrow he will have a few phone interviews but will mainly be playing music. Obviously Ray and his "team" are winding down early for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭nc6000

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'd love to film a sketch involving D'Arcy attempting to work a car that has a load of computers in it. Picture him trying to reset the trip computer, but accidentally deactivating the electronic handbrake and crashing into the car in front, and much more hilarity.

I'm assuming that seeing as his show is sponsored by Volkswagen he's been sorted out with a free car to replace the old Golf he always went on about and was too miserable to replace.

Ray adjusting the air-con and oops wrong button just opened the boot on the Stillorgan dual carriageway. Someone else must have been in the car and changed the setup since he last used it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 266 ✭✭Clive Bisquette

Red Fred wrote: »
    Perhaps not. Ray finished today's show saying tomorrow he will have a few phone interviews but will mainly be playing music. Obviously Ray and his "team" are winding down early for Christmas.

Fair play to the guy ..getting half a million squids purr annum fer that !

Have said it always ..don't blame the "Presenter" blame the cnuts behind the scenes who pay these gimps mega shills with OUR brass.

What a crock o ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Fair play to the guy ..getting half a million squids purr annum fer that !

Have said it always ..don't blame the "Presenter" blame the cnuts behind the scenes who pay these gimps mega shills with OUR brass.

What a crock o ......

You make a very valid point. I never listened to him on Today FM and have been less than impressed with him on Radio 1. I now rarely listen to R1 during daytime. But despite what listeners may think, as long as the big wigs in RTE continue to allow him on air and continue to pay his more than generous salary he ain't going to refuse it, and in all honesty who would in his shoes. Nice work if you can get it!

Same tired old pals of Joe Duffy, every f**king year. From a man who lectures us on cronyism, and everything else.

The RTE Player says Jack L "White Christmas". Has that been on already?

Full showbiz presenter outfit today. All the plebs are fenced back in case they start asking any awkward questions.

CW-6mdiW8AET9fp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Full showbiz presenter outfit today. All the plebs are fenced back in case they start asking any awkward questions.

CW-6mdiW8AET9fp.jpg

Jaysus, Ray has really let himself go. He mustn't have had a run for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus, Ray has really let himself go. He mustn't have had a run for a few days.

Dufficer is carrying a fair few clem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think Ray has volunteered to be the tech guy on Radio 1 tonight. It's a shared broadcast between R1 and Gold but they've made a total liathroidí of the last two news bulletins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

BuzzKill on holidays again !!

In for Ray this WEEK. is he f**king joking????

• Advertisement

"The staff can take off for a number of weeks whenever they want"

Sounds like the sort of contract that D'Arcy has tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Now we know why Ray moved back to RTE, look at all the time off they have on the national broadcaster.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

liam7831 wrote: »
    BuzzKill on holidays again !!

Not again.....STILL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just wondering, in that recent BAI judgement about D'Acry and Colm O'Gorman pontificating to us about the 8th Amendment, was it clarified as to whether O'Gorman was speaking in a personal capacity or as the head of Amnesty Ireland?

What was that about, i missed that!

I couldn't believe that when i heard that he's off again!

Makes me believe was the show on Sat recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What was that about, i missed that!

I couldn't believe that when i heard that he's off again!

Makes me believe was the show on Sat recorded?
    A friend of mine is in the band that closed the show. He told me it was live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

How about we keep track of Ray's holidays for the year? Just to see how many days he actually does take. :P

We'll call it 5 so far for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Ray deserves the time off hes trying to juggle the Radio and Tv :D

That is hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It sounds like agenda No 1,023
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    How about we keep track of Ray's holidays for the year? Just to see how many days he actually does take. :P

We'll call it 5 so far for this week.

How many holidays is standard especially for a 'DJ' according to yer man the other day, 25 standard days was mentioned. Apart from his successor Anton Savage, who's also off, nobody else has taken time off, unless Ray+Jenny taking 'time off to look after the kids' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It sounds like agenda No 1,023

For D'Arcy of for O'Gorman?

This whole deal with D'Arcy moving from TodayFM must be a nightmare for RTE. He's caused ructions with the unions over bringing his own family with him. They got rid of Brendan O'Connor to make way for D'Arcy, only to find out that D'Arcy cant do the job anywhere near as well. And he takes off every second week, leaving them stuck with having to replace not only him, but also requiring them to replace his missus as well.

D'Arcy moving to RTE has certainly proved to be a great opportunity........ for Dave Fanning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement