Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

The Ra........ rely Hosted By D'Arcy show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sounded like dave is gonna be in ALL week alright.

:)

sounded like dave is gonna be in ALL week alright. :)

He is yeah, he said "in for Ray this week" when he opened the show on Monday. Highest paid part time job in Ireland D'Arcy has.

I think once Daithí married one of the roses he should have backed away from presenting it. Any time I see him on it I get the feeling he's in a harem, vetting each of his prospective partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

He is yeah, he said "in for Ray this week" when he opened the show on Monday. Highest paid part time job in Ireland D'Arcy has.

Starting to like Fanning.."aaah we'll take a break, shure we might as well..Hhe heh heh eh good man yersell .

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I think Dave is doing a good job this time. Fairly lighthearted and he's slowed down a bit. When he makes a mistake he doesn't try to cover it up and has a laugh. When Darcy screws up it's just cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭serfboard

I'd guess that if you analysed it by number of weeks worked and number of on-air hours per week, Marian would work out better paid than Ray.

Mind you, we're not also paying for Marian's spouse so, as a family, the D'Arcys may win out ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LMAO at Helen of Wexfords email and Dave Fannings response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

syklops wrote: »
    LMAO at Helen of Wexfords email and Dave Fannings response.

He was astounded that it may be a serious topic on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Yeah, let's sneer at Johnny Foreigner's poor pronunciations of Irish names.

How are we at some of the names of the "New Irish"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Buzzkill got a spanking at the start of the show

Probably why he took the week off so he could avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He was astounded that it may be a serious topic on radio.

I was a bit astounded myself that it might be a serious topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Ray is probably busy wrapping his Christmas tree lights around a piece of cardboard.
    No doubt when he returns he'll recount with lots of sighing the story of how he took down the decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Red Fred wrote: »
    Ray is probably busy wrapping his Christmas tree lights around a piece of cardboard.
    No doubt when he returns he'll recount with lots of sighing the story of how he took down the decorations.

And how i ate 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th of a selection box and had to deal with new found catholic guilt during his twice daily run to remove the .000000000000000000000000000023 of a calorie he consumed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

liam7831 wrote: »
    Buzzkill got a spanking at the start of the show

Think it may be a weekly spanking as the Pamela Anderson sexual harassment jibes are due for investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Probably why he took the week off so he could avoid it.

He knew it was coming just didn't know what day,so played safe and took the week. Cowardly attitude....again !

What I found really funny was just after the admonishment came a big Ray Darcy Show jingle followed by Dave going live covering for Ray.
    I just know Dave really wanted to make a comment but held himself back and put on a serious tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I'd say RTE are re-training him this week. We all know how much they had to pay Monica Leech after some comments on Joe's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

That sounds about right to me.

• Advertisement

I just know Dave really wanted to make a comment but held himself back and put on a serious tone.

Oh I didn't realise they hadn't read that out already. Joe Duffy usually gets RTE to employ somebody else to read out his apologies, so I just presumed D'Arcy would do the same. It was covered in the Irish Independent.

Ray D'Arcy Show acknowledges upheld BAI abortion complaint but pro-life group claims coverage 'slanted'

I've said this before, but D'Arcy is the Basil Fawlty of radio broadcasting. He's either fawning all over the guest agreeing with everything they say (like with O'Gorman), or he's either constantly interrupting the guest to ram his opinions down their throats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The apology for D'arcy was read by the same guy who reads Joes, one of the more secure jobs on RTE these days.

Unfortunately I reckon the reason Darcy is off is simply for Operation Transformation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Unfortunately I reckon the reason Darcy is off is simple for Operation Transformation?

Yes fairly obvious that he's busy involved in the TV show, but that sort of lateral thinking seems to be beyond those who like to slag him off continuously here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I haven't seen any of Operation Transformation so far.

Apart from the radio studio shots of Ray talking to Kathryn and the contestants, has Ray featured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

lambayire wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of Operation Transformation so far.

Apart from the radio studio shots of Ray talking to Kathryn and the contestants, has Ray featured?

For a few seconds here and there, just regarding how they promoted the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Operation Transformation, Radio Program and the D'Arcy show. Jesus he'el be wrecked. Gona need a holiday after all that. :)

BarryD wrote: »
    Yes fairly obvious that he's busy involved in the TV show, but that sort of lateral thinking seems to be beyond those who like to slag him off continuously here :)

Well why are they advertising his show if he's not going to be there. Would it not be lateral thinking to decide what programs he ACTUALLY going to be hosting before promoting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well why are they advertising his show if he's not going to be there. Would it not be lateral thinking to decide what programs he ACTUALLY going to be hosting before promoting them?
    it is his show

it is his show

Occasionally, same as Finucane.

• Advertisement

Not like Ray to miss out on an opportunity to lecture people about sugar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement