Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Not like Ray to miss out on an opportunity to lecture people about sugar.

dr eva was encouraging some sugar/sweet stuff in a diet which would have got ray very angry but in rays eyes she redeemed herself with the porridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Not like Ray to miss out on an opportunity to lecture people about sugar.

Ah but, Eva does it better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭Comhrá

BarryD wrote: »
    Ah but, Eva does it better :)

"Cop yourself on now!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Bow e

My name is David Bow e

http://youtu.be/4Udrvt5cvzc

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dave not friendly with Ray it would seem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do you think he knew he was dying? says Raymond

what an absolute moron

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Dave not friendly with Ray it would seem

Cos he won't run or eat porridge :)

does every rte show have to try and link every celebrity to ireland. ray over analysing the meaning of Bowie and now has a texter telling him its an anglisisation of some aul irish word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

He can't even que up a track when given the actual number track from the cd:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

neris wrote: »
    does every rte show have to try and link every celebrity to ireland. ray over analysing the meaning of Bowie and now has a texter telling him its an anglisisation of some aul irish word

And his real name being Jones ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Ray forgot to ask how tall Bowie was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Suppose you're too young to like Bowie..............

Good old ageism :rolleyes:

So now Ray is stepping on Joes turf, current guest wants taxpayers to pony up €110k pa per patient for medication

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Gergiev

Ah Jaysus, Ray - sensitive moment as DF selects a track to commemorate Bowie and he still can't hit the right button...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

my friend wrote: »
    So now Ray is stepping on Joes turf, current guest wants taxpayers to pony up €110k pa per patient for medication

€90 million a year was the figure being bandied about. Huge amount and just one of many demands on the health service that keep dragging it down. The one thing to be said in it's favour is that this drug would mainly be used to treat younger people. Maybe we should pay for it and cut back on drugs / treatments for the elderly and I say that as one looking towards the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

He can't even que up a track when given the actual number track from the cd:rolleyes:

Hello... Hello... Major Tom are you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Gergiev wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus, Ray - sensitive moment as DF selects a track to commemorate Bowie and he still can't hit the right button...

I wonder whose fault that was

Jerry Seinfeld is my new hero...

Jerry Seinfeld is my new hero...

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

BarryD wrote: »
    €90 million a year was the figure being bandied about. Huge amount and just one of many demands on the health service that keep dragging it down. The one thing to be said in it's favour is that this drug would mainly be used to treat younger people. Maybe we should pay for it and cut back on drugs / treatments for the elderly and I say that as one looking towards the latter.

Can't believe you posted that.

Just let the 'elderly' die quietly , is that it?

Bad mistake there Barry as no doubt you have by now realised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Do you think he knew he was dying? says Raymond

what an absolute moron

What did Dave say to that?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Can't believe you posted that.

Just let the 'elderly' die quietly , is that it?

Bad mistake there Barry as no doubt you have by now realised.

It is not possible to supply infinite funding to all patients. It's common to weigh costs vs. how many expected years of healthy life the patient is expected to get

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

goose2005 wrote: »
    It is not possible to supply infinite funding to all patients. It's common to weigh costs vs. how many expected years of healthy life the patient is expected to get

I'm well aware of that.

Is it common to do that, wouldn't have thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Good grief, why cant Ray press the right button.DF told him the track number and the CD, and he just had to mess it up.He should be familiar with the studio controls by now surely.He is just not the technical type is he?

I could just imagine Fanning saying to himself, what an idiot!

Fanning is tiresome just listening to him talking so fast doing a show, but when he is an improvement over whom is there already, it says a lot about Darcy.

He didnt even thank Fanning while he was in the studio for filling him for him last week, I said that to myself as I was listening.I bet someone reminded him of it during the break.

Sean Hughes among others, really take the P out of him.

my friend wrote: »
    Why?

Did you hear RD's comments about interviewing Jerry Seinfeld?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Fanning is tiresome just listening to him talking so fast doing a show, but when he is an improvement over whom is there already, it says a lot about Darcy.

When Marty Morrissey filled in during the time when they were waiting for D'Arcy to switch teams, he did a great job. He's liked, he's positive and upbeat, he doesnt have any agenda, he's already a member of staff and he can use the damned buttons. It was a no brainer, unless you work in RTE management and actually have no brain.
    jimmyw wrote: »
    Good grief, why cant Ray press the right button.DF told him the track number and the CD, and he just had to mess it up.

If Ray considers himself a professional broadcaster, and I presume he does, then he should keep practicing until he can actually use them. It's kind of sad that he should actually need to train on the controls at this stage to be honest.

When Marty Morrissey filled in during the time when they were waiting for D'Arcy to switch teams, he did a great job. He's liked, he's positive and upbeat, he doesnt have any agenda, he's already a member of staff and he can use the damned buttons. It was a no brainer, unless you work in RTE management and actually have no brain.

If Ray considers himself a professional broadcaster, and I presume he does, then he should keep practicing until he can actually use them. It's kind of sad that he should actually need to train on the controls at this stage to be honest.

Agreed. Morrissey was engaged and interested in the people he was meeting.

Unfortunately Darcy seems only to get animated if they share the same (very limited) world-view as himself.

Regarding the use of controls, it was charming when Val Joyce used to do it as you knew he was trying but it was all just beyond him.

Not so with RD who just seems irritated he has to do this kind of thing for himself...

Rays at home now watching rte 1 preparing his anti sugar sermon for today

"Now lads what did i tell ya, i told yiz sugar was bad and i was proven right, (sigh), ah i dont know, (sigh), porridge lads, porridge is yer only man, waffle, waffle, waffle"

Did you hear RD's comments about interviewing Jerry Seinfeld?

Is Raymond still dragging up one of his biggest career fails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I'm well aware of that.

Is it common to do that, wouldn't have thought so

Quite common, cost benefit analysis.

If we could treat pancreatic cancer but the drug cost 2 million a year and 1000 people in Ireland suffered from it it would be impossible to justify a 2 billion spend for only 1000 people. Extreme example but not far from reality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement