Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BarryD wrote: »
    Why? What do you do - just plough on in hope and trust in the almighty above?

You should slow down. You certainly shouldn't come to a complete halt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Why? What do you do - just plough on in hope and trust in the almighty above?

Clean windshield
    Properly adjusted seating
    Know how to use a visor
    Always have clean sunglasses at hand

It's never, ever an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Hmm.. I was caught out this week. Narrow road that sometimes has pedestrians, no footpath. Distinct chance of either hitting someone walking if I kept to the left ditch and/or hitting a car coming the other way if I stayed out middle of road. Didn't quite stop but had to slow down to a crawl.

Did you ever have to stop when the rain is torrential?

The Arthur rubbish is on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

my friend wrote: »
    Clean windshield
    Properly adjusted seating
    Know how to use a visor
    Always have clean sunglasses at hand

It's never, ever an issue

do you wear driving gloves as well my friend?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Folks, this is D'Arcy. If he drives a car like he does a mixing desk or whatever, it's a minor miracle that he's still around to annoy us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Glad to see Will and Jenny are earning their wages with the shows new ideas. A girl looking for a man who she met on a night out. The only person who cares is the girl herself, hardly worthy of national radio.

Glad to see Will and Jenny are earning their wages with the shows new ideas. A girl looking for a man who she met on a night out. The only person who cares is the girl herself, hardly worthy of national radio.

Shopping centre carpark actually - you need to listen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I found that if I eat a Kit Kat Chunky and turn off Radio One at 3PM, I dont get that dip in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Like I said, barber shop and hairdresser content, fine for 1000 hrs on Today fm.

Doesn't really cut it on R1.

Regrettably I feel this lot have to be moved on.

Will it happen- no chance.

Like I said, barber shop and hairdresser content, fine for 1000 hrs on Today fm.

Will it happen- no chance.

The €30,000,000.00 mistake by RTE management that the licence payer will cover

Who's idea was this? Someone in RTE thought hiring Ray D'arcy was a good idea, who is that person?

• Advertisement

Where is that €30m figure coming from? Is it a wild guess?

My folks listen to RTE1 all day. I must ask them what they think of Darcy

But what do people want? Death notices and obituaries? Some of Ray's content is a bit naff alright but he does bridge it with other more serious content. The programme lies between Liveline (which varies from farce to misery) and two and half hours of news.

My own preference would be for documentaries or something quite different like Irish trad etc. but can see why RTE prefer 'barber shop and hairdresser' content.

But what do people want? Death notices and obituaries? Some of Ray's content is a bit naff alright but he does bridge it with other more serious content. The programme lies between Liveline (which varies from farce to misery) and two and half hours of news.

My own preference would be for documentaries or something quite different like Irish trad etc. but can see why RTE prefer 'barber shop and hairdresser' content.

I agree it is a difficult slot to fill content wise .

Difficult to please everyone,but Ray's 'I dunno' style doesn't really help.

Anyway,time will tell but while nothing against the lad at all, can't help thinking he is a bit like poor John, just not suited for this stuff,that his real niche is elsewhere with perhaps less rigid broadcasting restrictions.

"I dunno':D

Synode wrote: »
    Where is that €30m figure coming from? Is it a wild guess?

My folks listen to RTE1 all day. I must ask them what they think of Darcy

Trust me it's computable and I can stand over it.

Yes?? Crank up the calculator so, waiting with interest. That's some sum :)

Throw it up so

Synode wrote: »
    Throw it up so

Ah, you wouldn't ask a dentist for a free filling would you?

Ah, you wouldn't ask a dentist for a free filling would you?

You wouldn't be exaggerating now would you?

Good to see Will and Jenny earning their bread again today. Talking about if a dog wears trousers would it just be its hind legs or all 4...you know the one that was being talked about 10 days ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ray using the "im not blowing smoke up your hole" phrase again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I've just walked in and this crap is on the radio. I'd be tellin Farcy to fook off if I was this lad. Hope he falls off his high horse and breaks his bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Q: How do you know it's Wednesday?

A: Ray spends the first 5 mins jabbering on about the cover of the new RTE Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A: Ray spends the first 5 mins jabbering on about the cover of the new RTE Guide.

That week went quick!!

sligojoek wrote: »

What's an RTE Guide?

What's an RTE Guide?

A self indulgent magazine. If it was never again published the only people who would miss it are those that are usually in it. Although if RTE got rid of it it would probably lead to some sort of industrial dispute which would end up with all RTE staff getting an allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Just looking at D'Arcy saying that he wants the nation to lose one million pounds. He's not exactly a man I would look to for leadership. I'd almost put on five stone just to spite him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He was bsing about EK promised this and that if he became Taoiseach 5 years ago, Darcy promised to leave Ireland if that happened. Don't make promises Darcy that you wont keep you little twat.

He was bsing about EK promised this and that if he became Taoiseach 5 years ago, Darcy promised to leave Ireland if that happened. Don't make promises Darcy that you wont keep you little twat.

I would ignore the little lad, irrelevant.

• Advertisement

Just looking at D'Arcy saying that he wants the nation to lose one million pounds. He's not exactly a man I would look to for leadership. I'd almost put on five stone just to spite him.

Only five!

I'd throw on 10 clem me self.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement