Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just looking at D'Arcy saying that he wants the nation to lose one million pounds. He's not exactly a man I would look to for leadership. I'd almost put on five stone just to spite him.

<old man voice> Shur aren't we losing 500,000 pounds payin' his feckin' wages as it is! </old man voice>

I'll get my coat and just slip out quietly now. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You got here before me. Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Raymond Darcy

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Well, ray...

...oh and Ray, love the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Must be him alright. He only managed to press one button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Must be him alright. He only managed to press one button.

I have a litmus test we can use.

*ahem*

I've just opened my Kit Kat Chunky lads, does anybody want a piece?

copy_3_kitkat_chunky.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

I missed Monday's and Tuesday's shows, but the last three days of this week Ray has played a David Bowie song as his opener. A variation on the TodayFM days when he would play the same song for days on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Rays anti catholic schools agenda raising its head again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

neris wrote: »
    Rays anti catholic schools agenda raising its head again.

In fairness, I think it's an anti-religious stance, not just Catholic schools.

But the answer for this woman is simple enough: Maire Mullarney wrote the book on it many years ago - 'Anything school can do, you can do better'. So she should keep him out of the primary school system and help him to learn himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poor Ruben has a long road ahead of him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Poor Ruben has a long road ahead of him

They've prepared him well for that road by calling him Reuben.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I missed Monday's and Tuesday's shows, but the last three days of this week Ray has played a David Bowie song as his opener. A variation on the TodayFM days when he would play the same song for days on end.
    And every day last week as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

syklops wrote: »

ya have to wonder about parents sometimes.

we had a customer in the shop about 2yrs back, only a young fella of about 20 or so, and he was called Octavian.

who the fup does that to a kid ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

syklops wrote: »

Ironically, Reuben is a good biblical name - old testament etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Ray is fine until he laughs, its a kind of inhaling laugh, whaa whaaa whaaaa.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Ray is fine until he laughs, its a kind of inhaling laugh, whaa whaaa whaaaa.!

No he isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

BarryD wrote: »
    Ironically, Reuben is a good biblical name - old testament etc.

:confused:

What's ironic about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

:confused:

What's ironic about it?

Only heard a bit of her interview. Think Ray said that she did not follow any religion (I may have heard wrong though)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

honeybear wrote: »
    Only heard a bit of her interview. Think Ray said that she did not follow any religion (I may have heard wrong though)

Aaah ok, tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Does this mean than some of the Rachels, Adams, Josh's, Aaron's, Daniel's, John's, Anna's, Chloe's, Mary's, Rebecca's, Peter's, Paul's and Stephen's have not been named in honour of their biblical namesakes either:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    <old man voice> Shur aren't we losing 500,000 pounds payin' his feckin' wages as it is! </old man voice>.

Yep, and he even stated to the password guy that he logs on to banking to check his balance......more like admire tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Horse84

What's the betting on him taking another days or week's leave 2moro and leave the dust settle following yet another inept and incompetent display last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Horse84 wrote: »
    What's the betting on him taking another days or week's leave 2moro and leave the dust settle following yet another inept and incompetent display last night?

Saturday night's show was so bad, I'm thinking of taking tomorrow off myself :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

i didnt bother watching it but read through the thread on the tv forum and you know its bad when theres also a thread running on after hours. cant say im surprised. Though did he not interview the same guy during the week on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It was definitely Ray. I remember him getting stick off the crew when he said he was more of Munster supporter and that he had a greater affinity with them than Leinster. Coincidentally it was around the same time Munster were winning everything and Leinster were sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If he does it's antics like a spoilt boss's son would get on with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

He has a 2nd series in the can WTF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He has a 2nd series in the can WTF.

I suppose the emperor has spent so much on the new clothes, he can't lose face sending them back...so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement