Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Just reading around. D'Arcy must be seriously feeling the pressure. Random celebrities having punts at him for the Strang interview, and every other media source calling his interview with Strang a wasted opportunity, and now Drico has a pot shot at him for being a Lunster fan. After the weekend he's had, I'd say he's only grateful that Enda didnt call him out at the Ard Fheis for not leaving the country five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He'll need at least a forthnight off the radio till this blows over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I suppose the emperor has spent so much on the new clothes, he can't lose face sending them back...so to speak.

Ray is RTE managements €30,000,000.00 mistake, action needs to be taken now, oversight on this hiring and associated hirings needs to be publicly reviewed, the Licence fee payers deserve as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

my friend wrote: »
    Ray is RTE managements €30,000,000.00 mistake, action needs to be taken now, oversight on this hiring and associated hirings needs to be publicly reviewed, the Licence fee payers deserve as much.

Two chances,I say, two chances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Civil Joe

Darcy being savaged left right and centre for the Making a Murderer debacle. I wonder will he apologise on the show today???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

looks like it would be safe to assume its Ray alright and Hector. ever since Ray has fawned over BOD when ever he had him on either show. Lick arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

BOD certainly hammered him. I remember how Darcy used to go on like that too.

So that's a couple of 'celebs', an actor, and now a sporting superstar taking pop shots at him over the last few days. That's pretty unprecedented. (edit: yeah, what Peter said above)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

He needs to let somebody help him by writing his questions for the interviews. I know normally this wouldn't work as a guest could go off on a tangent during questions. But this won't matter as Ray doesn't follow flow he rigidly sticks to the questions. Dean Strang could have said " well Ray truth be known, I actually killed Teresa Halbach myself" and Ray would respond with yeah yeah right yeah do you think he's guilty though Dean ? He was like that on today fm too he doesn't listen he's just sitting waiting to inject his opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Are we taking bets that Raymond will turn in today for his show?
    In addition to Jenny "accompanying" him to RTE he also brought Will Hanafin "with him". He qualified as a barrister. Could Ray not have talked with him about possible questions for Dean Strang?
    What is the total cost for the three amigos from the public purse?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Civil Joe wrote: »
    Darcy being savaged left right and centre for the Making a Murderer debacle. I wonder will he apologise on the show today???

Going on previous form after a poor interview on saturday Ray wont be in today

and even if he does turn in today it,ll be like saturday night never happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

neris wrote:
    Going on previous form after a poor interview on saturday Ray wont be in today

Going on previous form he'll apologise to the public and say Dean Strang is to blame and gives a sh!te interview

Eleysian wrote: »
    Are we taking bets that Raymond will turn in today for his show?
    In addition to Jenny "accompanying" him to RTE he also brought Will Hanafin "with him". He qualified as a barrister. Could Ray not have talked with him about possible questions for Dean Strang?
    What is the total cost for the three amigos from the public purse?

The rehiring of Ray & Associates = €30,000,000.00 lifetime cost to licence fee payers in salaries, costs and lost opportunities

Yes RTE talent management BLEW €30,000,000.00 on the failure that is Ray D'arcy

Never mind, it's not their cash, the licence fee payers will cough up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The rehiring of Ray & Associates = €30,000,000.00 lifetime cost to licence fee payers in salaries, costs and lost opportunities

Yes RTE talent management BLEW €30,000,000.00 on the failure that is Ray D'arcy

Never mind, it's not their cash, the licence fee payers will cough up

Why do you keep talking about this made up figure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why do you keep talking about this made up figure?

Woah, woah. He can prove it. He just won't :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

will or wont he?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Wow- what a surprise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Civil Joe

Wow- what a surprise!

What happened?

makes a balls of his first sentence:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He can't even get the phone number for the show right, how hard can it be, if he's brutal with numbers why doesn't he have a piece of paper in front of him with the numbers, complete joke.

Baby Zoe Ireland. AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Jesus Ray !!

How can he **** that up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Civil Joe wrote: »
    What happened?

He turned up today.

10k running and vegetables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

If he predicts all 6 numbers ill be impressed, untill then f*ck off with your 2 numbers ****e .. it's not that unlikely..

Until such time as the winners decide to go public the media should lay off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Where's this €30 million figure coming from?? I know you promised to calculate and put it up here. That's crazy money, so you need to justify the claim if you keep making it!! :)

Eurovision - yawn, yawn. Why does Ray think he has to follow the old Mooney agenda?

BarryD wrote: »
    Where's this €30 million figure coming from?? I know you promised to calculate and put it up here. That's crazy money, so you need to justify the claim if you keep making it!! :)

Plenty of media people browse here, I'm not detailing the breakdown for free.

Let the papers or whomever have an 'expert' figure the costs I'll wager they won't be far off €30,000,000.00

Plenty of media people browse here, I'm not detailing the breakdown for free.

Let the papers or whomever have an 'expert' figure the costs I'll wager they won't be far off €30,000,000.00

Ah come off it :)

I know who won the Lotto at the weekend but I'm not detailing it for free.

I also know who will win the upcoming election and the Gold Cup etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The eejit makes a smart comment when asked if a lotto ad would be ok, but yet he spent the opening 15 minutes going on about it trying to track the winner down.

The man has no self awareness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement