Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Midlife crisis????

Bit of a stretch there....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭goochy

You must read interview with farcy in yesterday's independent. He's happy with all the tv interviews he did with celebs but not with one's with ordinary people ! Says he thought they would have come across better and that they could spend 15mins talking but only half of their story ! No fault of the interviewer ! Such arrogance and delusioness !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

goochy wrote: »
    ! Such arrogance and delusioness !

Its called working in rte syndrone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

goochy wrote: »
    You must read interview with farcy in yesterday's independent. He's happy with all the tv interviews he did with celebs but not with one's with ordinary people ! Says he thought they would have come across better and that they could spend 15mins talking but only half of their story ! No fault of the interviewer ! Such arrogance and delusioness !

I scanned through it. I assume he was going for a tone of determined optimism but it somehow came across as dismissive arrogance... if people are hoping for an about-turn, think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ray doesn't make is look effortless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Fked up controls again.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What is this guy doing at sea costing tens of thousands in rescue expenses and risking the lives of people involved in the resue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

What is this guy doing at sea costing tens of thousands in rescue expenses and risking the lives of people involved in the resue.

Navy should sink his pos boat

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Can't believe he never heard of Robin Knox-Johnson.

This is where he falls down time after time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

This guy is the Ray Darcy of the sea!

Like the way Ray is counting up all the guys mishaps, need a long show for his own.

• Advertisement

After listening to todays(01 Feb) I am more and more convinced this lad just doesn't have it to handle this time slot and audience.

Way. Out. Of. His. Depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Obsessed with sh'ite..

He was waiting like a beaver for Eileen today didn't want to mess up the transfer but then immediately started complaining about 'having to get up early as he had to come in and watch a movie' that and the mouth smacking noises followed by his inability to say Encephalopathy

Ray has a problem with Trump yet Ray was Bertie Aherns rent boy for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Why do they give this idiot interesting people to interview. Dr Omalu will mean nothing to most of you. Course he wont ray you muppet. I knew about this chap and the NFL concussion issue. He assumes nobody would know. Because he doesnt. Only on now coz Will Smith is playing him in a film.

my friend wrote: »
    He was waiting like a beaver for Eileen today didn't want to mess up the transfer but then immediately started complaining about 'having to get up early as he had to come in and watch a movie' that and the mouth smacking noises followed by his inability to say Encephalopathy

Oileen Doune was it.:D

Jaysus just heard Blair was elected Prime Minister of England.

Guy just doesn't have it.

Why do they give this idiot interesting people to interview. Dr Omalu will mean nothing to most of you. Course he wont ray you muppet. I knew about this chap and the NFL concussion issue. He assumes nobody would know. Because he doesnt. Only on now coz Will Smith is playing him in a film.

Agree completely, there's no one in RTE capable of interviewing the good Doctor

I'd recommend he touch base with Joe on Off the Ball / Newstalk if he wants to educate or enlighten anyone in a meaningful way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Joan Bruton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Joan Bruton?

He's getting into Joe Duffy territory today with his pronunciations too, he made a balls of something else earlier that I can't remember now.

Joan Bruton?

Ray is such a dümby you'd imagine he'd avoid being a smart arse given his low intellect but no, he plows on

Ray Fianna Fáil 'Bertie's rent boy' Darcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He's getting into Joe Duffy territory today with his pronunciations too, he made a balls of something else earlier that I can't remember now.

During the discussion on Concussion, he referred to 'c.t.e' before correcting himself and saying e.c.t.

Ray stepping on Joes turf now

Expect a liveline for dummies if you can

Ray is such a dümby you'd imagine he'd avoid being a smart arse given his low intellect but no, he plows on

Ray Fianna Fáil 'Bertie's rent boy' Darcy

Ploughs.

Ploughs.

Where I spent most of my life we plow snow with snow plows , so stick that in your pipe

Where I spent most of my life we plow snow with snow plows , so stick that in your pipe

Soz .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Who's this lad - a bit of balance might be desirable?? I don't go with this rubbish about one bed apartments needing to be 50 sq mtrs etc. Myself, wife and 3 children in time lived in a house that size, sure eventually had to extend but it was OK. For one person, that's loads of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That and pronouncing words that end in -ed as -et, with a soft T.
    Recommendeth.
    Handeth .. etc

Lorcan is clearly a Marxist

Only RTE would give him unchallenged air time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"We pay enough in indirect taxes, USB and all that"

• Advertisement

Ah, when Lorcan was presented with a valid argument (a text Ray read out) against his mad ideas he dismissed it by playing dumb, 'I don't really know what that's about'

An absolute spoofer

I'd love to debate him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement