Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Seems personal with him, maybe upset he was snubbed by them when he approached them volunteering to run in an election for them.

But when Ray mentions RUN, everyone hides...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Up 16,000 listeners book on book, 23,000 year on year. Said it on the JNLR thread, but fair play to him, obviously connecting with the audience and retaining some of Joe's listeners (over simplification obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

And off he goes straight away with the Enda Kenny bashing..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

he's shameless

• Registered Users Posts: 33,498 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hope Enda does another 5yrs to rub it up Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did it not dawn on that woman to check with her service provider instead of emailing Ray.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did it not dawn on that woman to check with her service provider instead of emailing Ray.

I thought the same.

He has a recipe for...................batter:rolleyes:

I have one for toast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Kate: "Who's that man on the poster?"
    Ray: "It's Enda Kenny, the Taoiseach".
    Kate: "And what does he think of us?"
    He thinks daddy should have left the country five years ago like he promised he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭PIORUN

take it handy don't start him on praying!!

• Advertisement

He gave up his job with the Garda Diving Squad to do the narration on horror movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Caller right re election posters. Whether you like them or not, they're more affordable for the less wealthy candidates. The big parties can lash out the money to pay for posters and hoardings on private land. You either ban them all or none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭goochy

nice one PETERTHEEIGHT on both counts ! love to know why Farcy has such a problem with Enda ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Never heard the unique pronunciation of 'sicth' or 'fith' for sixth or fifth apparently ?

What slate does he live under??

Never heard the unique pronunciation of 'sicth' or 'fith' for sixth or fifth apparently ?

What slate does he live under??

Like I said yesterday, he should listen to his own pronounciation when a word (wordge) finishes with the letter D.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Like I said yesterday, he should listen to his own pronounciation when a word (wordge) finishes with the letter D.

Or includes the letters o and u. And now we have the News from Oiileen Douun.

Or includes the letters o and u. And now we have the News from Oiileen Douun.

The thing that annoys me about that is that he says "Thank you Oilean, thank you very much". Why does he need to say it twice? I'm pretty sure it's a reflex reaction, to buy himself some time cos he knows that he's gonna f**k something up. Just sounds really amateur.

Please Newstalk, get somebody instead of Moncreiff, cos otherwise I'm gonna be on this thread giving out about D'Arcy for the next ten years (until he cashes in that RTE pension).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He's going to get his collar felt by the BAI again if he's not careful....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Up 16,000 listeners book on book, 23,000 year on year. Said it on the JNLR thread, but fair play to him, obviously connecting with the audience and retaining some of Joe's listeners (over simplification obviously).

Is that how many he got? where do you find out on how well other's got on in the JLNR?
    BarryD wrote: »
    Caller right re election posters. Whether you like them or not, they're more affordable for the less wealthy candidates. The big parties can lash out the money to pay for posters and hoardings on private land. You either ban them all or none.

I heard a statistic on local radio, this morning that 90% of the printing is done in Dublin & some got orders in Poland as well!
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was their own printers, as who got a few 100 cards printed out at Xmas, cute hoors!;)

It seems Ray didn't read out my text when waffling on about the
    WHAT IF'S,
    What If Ray left the country, promises - promises, that's why you've a beef with Enda, as he reminds you of yourself:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is that how many he got? where do you find out on how well other's got on in the JLNR?

I heard a statistic on local radio, this morning that 90% of the printing is done in Dublin & some got orders in Poland as well!
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was their own printers, as who got a few 100 cards printed out at Xmas, cute hoors!;)

It seems Ray didn't read out my text when waffling on about the
    WHAT IF'S,
    What If Ray left the country, promises - promises, that's why you've a beef with Enda, as he reminds you of yourself:D

You can find all the info over on www.ilevel.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

The thing that annoys me about that is that he says "Thank you Oilean, thank you very much". Why does he need to say it twice? I'm pretty sure it's a reflex reaction, to buy himself some time cos he knows that he's gonna f**k something up. Just sounds really amateur.

Please Newstalk, get somebody instead of Moncreiff, cos otherwise I'm gonna be on this thread giving out about D'Arcy for the next ten years (until he cashes in that RTE pension).
    Nothing wrong with Moncreiff imo.

Like all other RTE presenters he is self employed i believe so no pension unless he has one himself.

Like all other RTE presenters he is self employed i believe so no pension unless he has one himself.

All other?

Mooney is a staffer for one.

All other?

Mooney is a staffer for one.

http://www.goss.ie/2015/02/rte-presenter-jennifer-maguire-will-only-get-10-weeks-maternity-leave/

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/joe-duffy-sees-cash-pile-increase-to-215000-314950.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/marian-finucane-begins-libel-action-against-independent-1.32229

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/News/Irish_News/article695675.ece

Joe Duffy quote ""Having said that, we presenters are mostly self-employed, which means they can get rid of us tomorrow if they wanted to.""

Mooney & Sean O'Rourke seem to be the only main "staffers".

At one stage some 2FM presenters were on monthly rolling contracts, it was one of the main reasons Tony Fenton moved on.

Joe Duffy quote ""Having said that, we presenters are mostly self-employed, which means they can get rid of us tomorrow if they wanted to.""

It's for this sort of mealy mouthed crap that I dislike Duffy. There is not a chance in a million that RTE will fire Joe Duffy. I mean they should have gotten rid of everybody who was on over 250K when the country was bailed out, but they kept everybody on.

It's for this sort of mealy mouthed crap that I dislike Duffy. There is not a chance in a million that RTE will fire Joe Duffy. I mean they should have gotten rid of everybody who was on over 250K when the country was bailed out, but they kept everybody on.

His biggest complaint was that he didn't get sick pay for the time he was off with the broken leg, thus the self employed jibes re social welfare on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

His biggest complaint was that he didn't get sick pay for the time he was off with the broken leg, thus the self employed jibes re social welfare on the show.

My heart bleeds for him

He'd have a job to pass the means test.

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with Moncreiff imo.

I'm not denying that there are a lot of people that LOVE Moncreiff. But there are a lot of people who cant stomach his permanent smart ar$e / facetious / sarcastic tone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement