Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

porridge

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

BarryD wrote: »
    God help the poor rootless child!

Looks like the NHS is a good place to work.

Our HSE would never be like that,would it:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"The priority of every politician is self preservation. "

Why did you move back to RTE again Ray, after giving out about RTE for ten years?
    Ireland's greatest hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

very professional there

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"His anniversary is coming up soon. I suppose that will be especially traumatic for you."

No, Ray. I'm thinking of throwing a party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"His anniversary is coming up soon. I suppose that will be especially traumatic for you."

No, Ray. I'm thinking of throwing a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Jaysus, where on earth does Ray dig up his guests from? Wackos every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Jaysus, where on earth does Ray dig up his guests from? Wackos every other day.

Rejects the Moncrieff won't talk to:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Ray says he doesn't do 'social media' :) So yous are wasting your time slagging him off here :)

Ray says he doesn't do 'social media' :) So yous are wasting your time slagging him off here :)

Now now Barry, be careful or you'll crack a smile;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray plays a Morrissey track about someone being in a coma just after talking about a motor neurone sufferer who went through euthanasia - just didn't seem right !

Mick Mc Carthy interview felt a bit awkward.

goochy wrote: »
    Ray plays a Morrissey track about someone being in a coma just after talking about a motor neurone sufferer who went through euthanasia - just didn't seem right !

Mick Mc Carthy interview felt a bit awkward.

Name an interview he has done that wasn't ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

'They're cowards aren't they, I'm not putting words in your mouth, would you agree with me? They're cowards aren't they?'

I hope ye all feel appropriately ashamed right now, feckin cowards!!:pac:
    Except Claude Burgundy who goes by his real name:P

'They're cowards aren't they, I'm not putting words in your mouth, would you agree with me? They're cowards aren't they?'

I hope ye all feel appropriately ashamed right now, feckin cowards!!:pac:
    Except Claude Burgundy who goes by his real name:P

Ah bit i shall forever be in the shadow of my son.

That girl who took her baby traveling on her mat leave was just on the last word, WOW what a different interview.

No talking down, a sense of wonder at how she did it, interesting questions and you could tell from her voice that she enjoyed the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The Mick McCarthy interview was rubbish because outside of being a fanboy for rugby Darcy knows very little about sport. Very badly researched interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Very badly researched interview.

Common theme throughout rays career. Probably mick mccarthys fault.

Probably say mick wasn't as relaxed and didn't come across as well as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

half an hour into his show the other day and he managed to mention his daughter Kate, his father and his wife Jenny! If this was local radio of 30 years ago it might be quaint but this guy gets 10 grand+ per week for this tripe.

half an hour into his show the other day and he managed to mention his daughter Kate, his father and his wife Jenny! If this was local radio of 30 years ago it might be quaint but this guy gets 10 grand+ per week for this tripe.

His old English teacher got a mention as well for slagging fellas from Neurney !

• Advertisement

as I have previously mentioned - Ray says in newspaper interview - he loves the kids - their his and he's going to continue to talk about them whether plp like it or not !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

as I have previously mentioned - Ray says in newspaper interview - he loves the kids - their his and he's going to continue to talk about them whether plp like it or not !

im sure iam dempsey, ryan tubridy and a host of other radio hosts love their kids but they dont prattle on about and try shoe horn them into any topic that might be mildly child or family related

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

neris wrote: »
    im sure iam dempsey, ryan tubridy and a host of other radio hosts love their kids but they dont prattle on about and try shoe horn them into any topic that might be mildly child or family related

Well except for Alison Curtis. She never shuts up about her kids too. That said, it's kinda her schtick.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well except for Alison Curtis. She never shuts up about her kids too. That said, it's kinda her schtick.

Agreed, that's what her sat morning show is built around. Family/mam/dad etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Agreed, that's what her sat morning show is built around. Family/mam/dad etc

Probably why she's on Saturdays

neris wrote: »

Had the misfortune to hear the part of the show the other day when his dad was on radio giving out his pancake recipe?

I mean. wtf???? And at the end it was all 'see you Da' 'see you Ray', it was like listening in to someones private phone call.

RTE need to wake up and get rid of this guy. He is embarrassingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,950 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ray D'Arcy is not comfortable on this show. That is clear to me.

He is doing it for the money, not much else AFAIS. He seems to be peed off just for being there. Cue the messing with the buttons and the unprofessional talk about fekkin Jenny all the time.

Anyway, this is the dead few hours on radio. But it needn't be. How about a bit of Travel, cooking, ah you know...interesting stuff to keep your mind off the bills. BBC R4 is the business. RTE radio should have a peek over there for some inspiration.

Does he really need the money ? All he does is run and eat porridge - doesn't exactly live an exciting life !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Does he really need the money ? All he does is run and eat porridge - doesn't exactly live an exciting life !

Maybe to pay for the 2 beers and packet of crisps he has when he goes craaaaazy and lets loose on a friday night.

• Advertisement

Think ray could be Ireland's dullest man? Hope there's not another w end newspaper interview with him where he makes himself sound even worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement