Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Is he full of himself or is he just confident and in tune with his own life and needs?

I'd say he has a bit of a brass neck meself.

Might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Ray doesnt ask questions, he makes statements that he thinks are right and asks the guests to agree or disagree. It's a bit like a survey, a very loaded survey.

His researcher will have included something of genuine interest, but he'll just segue into it with a closed question, "And this is the only one of its kind in Ireland, isn't it?", leaving the subject to just say, "Yeah," and Ray to move on to the next non-question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

That priest was brilliant. I'd nearly go and see him if he came here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

That priest was brilliant. I'd nearly go and see him if he came here.

Honestly, if I'd seen that pop up as the Blessings Bus on Father Ted, I'd have laughed my nuts off.
    Real life - stranger than fiction.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Had to laugh at beginning of the show today, he was reading about a survey which said if doing an exam your chances are better earlier in the day than later as the brain is more switched on. He then said "what does that say about us (his show) starting at 3, what would we be like if we started at 9". Think it dawned on him then..... He used to and the survey must be right, you do get worse as the day goes on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Disgruntled Badger

You know. I'm sure he's a nice fella and all but everytime I see or hear him I get an uncontrollable urge to stab myself to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

He then said "what does that say about us (his show) starting at 3, what would we be like if we started at 9". Think it dawned on him then..... He used to and the survey must be right, you do get worse as the day goes on!!

Oh right so that is why he messed up the sig tune at 4.30pm yesterday. It would have never happened at 3pm. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

You know. I'm sure he's a nice fella and all but everytime I see or hear him I get an uncontrollable urge to stab myself to death.

Ah you must not have been a fan of the Den so and Zig & Zag etc. Otherwise you'd be in a bad way!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

so this is more like what beachs has ray been to and not been to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It's "sulky", you twit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

"mary, where can i find me some slappers ?"

ray has the humour of a 13yo school boy who giggles at the word "Boobies"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

YAY !

Ray fuks up playing a CD.

Theres your half a mill at work people !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Thanks to Rays explanation I finally know what a CEO is

For such a self righteous b*ll*x, he gets sooo many things wrong it's unbelievable.

"is it not skulking, it's sulky racing"
    "My Left Foot didnt win an oscar?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Wait for Ray's healthy drinks tips ...........

Will Ray ever just fuck off with his crusade against sugar?? He's like a broken record. Some of us actually like sugar.

Wait for Ray's healthy drinks tips ...........

Only triple-filtered water for Ray, I reckon.

Only triple-filtered water for Ray, I reckon.

Porridge Juice, perhaps?

So Ray decides to lecture Action On Sugar on how to run their campaign.

Bell end!

• Advertisement

Will Ray ever just fuck off with his crusade against sugar?? He's like a broken record. Some of us actually like sugar.

Rays war on happiness continues, Mario had him nailed on in the TV show before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

neris wrote: »
    ray has the humour of a 13yo school boy who giggles at the word "Boobies"

And he's the same height.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Some people like cigarettes too. Hasn't stopped the war against them, don't see why the war on sugar will be any different tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I've cracked the system for Ray's show.

Someone listens to the today programme on BBC R4 and works off that.

Today's show is almost a carbon copy of the topics on the Today Show.

Isn't that mad.

Two woeful broadcasters talking to each other. It doesn't get much worse than this.

Two woeful broadcasters talking to each other. It doesn't get much worse than this.

I almost forgot who Conor McNamara was until you brought attention to it, Harry. He's the TV3 Rugby commentator isnt he. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭serfboard

I almost forgot who Conor McNamara was until you brought attention to it, Harry. He's the TV3 Rugby commentator isnt he. :(:(
    I caught the end of that interview where Ray said something like say hello to your dad. Is his father someone well known?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭bossdrum

serfboard wrote:
    I caught the end of that interview where Ray said something like say hello to your dad. Is his father someone well known?

I didn't hear the interview myself but conor's father is Michael McNamara formerly of 2fm, AKA Mickey Mac.
    He used to present a dance music show in the 90's.

How long till Ray gives Enda a bashing today?

• Advertisement

only ray could find tesco changing the shape of a crossaint hilarious. most people would give a grunt of "i dont really care" and get on with their lives

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement