Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That sucking and slapping of his mouth !!!!

Sweet Lord its annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Will we get the daily mention of Jenny, Kate and Tom?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

His news updates are yesterday's news by the time he covers them. Jeez he's still playing hozier! Moncrief time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Kevin Cardiff? Let's see if Ray can get him eating porridge and running. Another lad who got a promotion for complete incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Kevin Cardiff? Let's see if Ray can get him eating porridge and running. Another lad who got a promotion for complete incompetence.

was is he not being grilled on a proper radio show?

• Advertisement

"a group of lads in a back room trying to sort things out"

is it any wonder we ended up in the sh1t:mad:

Ray, ask him does it seem right that him and all his colleagues are still earning fortunes even though ye f**ked it up, and everybody else is paying for their incompetence. Where is the populist Ray D'Arcy when you need him?

"We needed this, we needed that".. what were we paying you for ?

My god the (former) head of the Department Of Finance expected banks to have a social conscious. Did he listen to the Anglo tapes??? My God, he's making D'Arcy seem like an intellectual.

My god the (former) head of the Department Of Finance expected banks to have a social conscious. Did he listen to the Anglo tapes??? My God, he's making D'Arcy seem like an intellectual.

its embarrassing listening to this

you need a rottweiler in that position not a poodle

its embarrassing listening to this
    you need a rottweiler in that position not a poodle

Even now he doesnt understand that "nice man" David Drumm was almost certainly playing him the same way he did the Regulator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

More lionising of FF from Ray.

He is allowing Cardiff to present the situation as if the banks had been fine up until 2008 and were suddenly hit by a nuclear bomb. They knew for YEARS that the banks were breaking all sorts of rules, and I saw a documentary on Irish Permanent where they had written reports of serious breaches in that bank... All were let go, and a blind eye was turned. This didnt just fall out of the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've only had a half an ear on most of this interview but I have to say I'm quite enjoying it, particularly Mr Cardiff who has been portrayed as a pantomime villain, he seems like a decent sort and is well able for Ray. I wish Ray was a bit more confrontational so that Cardiff could make mincemeat of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Well Jesus welcome to the fianna fail rehabilitation show !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I've only had a half an ear on most of this interview but I have to say I'm quite enjoying it, particularly Mr Cardiff who has been portrayed as a pantomime villain, he seems like a decent sort and is well able for Ray. I wish Ray was a bit more confrontational so that Cardiff could make mincemeat of him.

He does come across as a basically decent person. Cue..................!!!!!!!

So he's giving the money to an organisation that gives an ex FF Minister 100K a year. brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why do we need Ray to speak for 5sec after LiveLine and introduce the news?

Could we not go from LL straight to news?

To catch Liveline listeners before they switch away. I believe the thinking is to capture their attention before they might switch away from R1. Most shows do it, in fact, the handover from Ian Dempsey to Anton (and Ray before him) on Today FM is one of the few places I can think of that doesn't do this on the radio stations I listen to.

And yes, yes, insert your jokes about "I hope he keeps doing it, it gives me warning to switch off! :D:D:D:D:D" here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I was watching Operation transformation last night and there was a mention of Cupid Kelly. Has anyone she has set up on a date actually worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was watching Operation transformation last night and there was a mention of Cupid Kelly. Has anyone she has set up on a date actually worked out.

3 weddings so far according to her spiel when introducing this latest attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭goochy

Darcy interviewing reefa steenkamps mother tomorrow nite. Can seem him really being out of his depth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

goochy wrote: »
    Darcy interviewing reefa steenkamps mother tomorrow nite. Can seem him really being out of his depth!
    His father has one leg. What's the odds he tries to shoehorn (no pun intended) that into the interview somehow.

Just a follow up to that Pat Falvey interview this week (or last week :confused:) , I watched his film The Summit last night. VERY confusing movie. But I got the main jist of it. And the only thing I'm left with is the sheer irresponsibility of the climbers.

They are all flexing their muscles before going up the hill and saying profound things like "It's just you and the mountain, and this is the ultimate test of yourself blah blah blah". then about two days later it becomes a test for the poor sherpas who have to carry these idiots down the mountain on their backs.

Why is it that people who go diving off Salthill pier in the middle of a storm are apparently "idiots" yet these people (who nearly all have kids/wives/responsibilities) are heroes for unnecessarily risking their lives and the lives of the Sherpas?

Jesus, I'm sounding like D'Arcy amn't I. :(

I had the same feelings after I watched it. Likewise when I watched Everest recently. I've no problem with people "challenging" themselves, it's just annoying when they put the lives of other people's, as well as their own, lives at risk.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I had the same feelings after I watched it.

I'm thinking of going on a "Frosty Climbing" movie binge. I watched that Touching The Void recently as it came up on a previous list when I was doing my "Best Documentary Ever" movie binge. Any other you'd recommend?

Oh and Baz, just wondering did you find it confusing? They chronology of the thing was confusing.. people were referred to in the present tense, then the past tense and then the present tense again.. There was a bigger cast than the funeral scene in Gandhi, and each of those looked different interviewed than when they were (unshaven and dishevelled) on the mountain.. Also they completely unnecessarily interjected a story about some Italian climber from the 1950s. There were so many flashbacks that I was suffering from snow blindness by the end of it.

I'm thinking of going on a "Frosty Climbing" movie binge. I watched that Touching The Void recently as it came up on a previous list when I was doing my "Best Documentary Ever" movie binge. Any other you'd recommend?

Oh and Baz, just wondering did you find it confusing? They chronology of the thing was confusing.. people were referred to in the present tense, then the past tense and then the present tense again.. There was a bigger cast than the funeral scene in Gandhi, and each of those looked different interviewed than when they were (unshaven and dishevelled) on the mountain.. Also they completely unnecessarily interjected a story about some Italian climber from the 1950s. There were so many flashbacks that I was suffering from snow blindness by the end of it.

Can't recommend any other on a mountaineering theme but if you Google Louis Theroux 12 Best Documentaries you'll get a list of some cracking docs to watch. I started a thread on it over on the Documentary Forum a while ago.

Yeah, I found it confusing too. It didn't seem to nail down all the characters sufficiently. I spent a lot of time trying to work which guy was which when they were being interviewed. I've actually been meaning to watch it again just so I could fully get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,340 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wohoo, Dave in for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Did Ray f*ck up on Saturday night ?

just wondering why Dave is in ... I actually enjoy Dave, might leave him on..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another week off for Raybo. Nice workk if you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

:eek: be carefull with that name !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    How about we keep track of Ray's holidays for the year? Just to see how many days he actually does take. :P

We'll call it 5 so far for this week.

+5 for this week.

Total: 10 Days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement