Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Paddy offered up his favourite info.................his height..............Ray got a semi

And he got the clincher at the end....What age are you now Paddy? Full hard on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Shut up Ray. Just shut up.

What did he say Harry, I missed the start. The interview with Paddy Joe Hill was amazing though, in spite of Ray. I'd always thought that he'd been extremely bitter towards the four (of the six) that signed confessions, as it gave his protest of innocence less credence. Apparently now he only blames the brits though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He was going on about Tom and lego and how bad gambling is.

Peter, did you ever read his book. I'm trying to find it here but I think I gave it to my brother. He went into great detail about all that hapened before, during and after the jail term.

sligojoek wrote: »
    He was going on about Tom and lego and how bad gambling is.

Oh dear god, he's sooo pious.
    Peter, did you ever read his book. I'm trying to find it here but I think I gave it to my brother.

No I tell you what got me thinking about the Birmingham Six recently. I was looking at questions about the Oklahoma Bombing, and noticed they cited the Manchester Bombing as the closest comparison as to what should have happened (an ammonium nitrate bomb in a truck parked outside a building).. then I noticed a link to this in the youtube sidebar.

Who Bombed Birmingham?

Then when I'd finished this, there was this interview with Paddy Joe Hill.

He's a tough, tough man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray had wine and crisps while watching Primetime?? :eek:

He'll be telling us next that he had a sneaky bet on Trap 5 in the 9.45pm at Monmore with his Paddy Power account :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh FFS.

Moncreiff was on this bleeding period thing too.

fuk off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Was that a product placement thingy re wedding presents and Nutribullet blenders? Thinly disguised? Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can't wait for Ray to be handing over to Cheltenham coverage in two week's time. He'll probably preface his handover by issuing a stern gambling warning :rolleyes:

I can't wait for Ray to be handing over to Cheltenham coverage in two week's time. He'll probably preface his handover by issuing a stern gambling warning.

LOL, he's been building a fence to trip over alright :)

• Advertisement

Good piece of public service broadcasting re synthetic playing surfaces and old car tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Ray had wine and crisps while watching Primetime?? :eek:

He'll be telling us next that he had a sneaky bet on Trap 5 in the 9.45pm at Monmore with his Paddy Power account :eek: :eek:

He managed to mention his older brother Joe, his 5 sisters as well. I guess it beats hearing about Jenny and his daughter Kate!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

BarryD wrote: »
    Good piece of public service broadcasting re synthetic playing surfaces and old car tyres.

Kids using it as a surface in a creche is the most worrying thing about it, should be stopped until there's proof either way.

Good man Ray Go for the tears. Joe would be proud of you.

F*ck up on the buttons to finish off.

I can't wait for Ray to be handing over to Cheltenham coverage in two week's time. He'll probably preface his handover by issuing a stern gambling warning :rolleyes:

No way Harry, he'll do what he did the last time he felt that somebody was infringing on his show. Complain to RTE management and get them moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

No way Harry, he'll do what he did the last time he felt that somebody was infringing on his show. Complain to RTE management and get them moved.

I dont think we will hear Cheltenham on the show this year. So when are rte going to stand up to him. Or else ray will be on another holiday for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The fridge...

CcjLiEPXEAAdH5v.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A really really tacky fridge

Mess of an interview by D'Arcy there. He did the usual with his "And then you did this and then you did that", and the interviewee didnt know whether this was a question or whether he was making statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mess of an interview by D'Arcy there. He did the usual with his "And then you did this and then you did that", and the interviewee didnt know whether this was a question or whether he was making statements.

Agreed, staccato method of asking questions, no rhythm, no natural thread to follow.

Jumping all over the place, and no real understanding of events.

As I said before, out of his depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

snubbleste wrote: »
    A really really tacky fridge

Every good republican should have one...... can you imagine the amount of cash youd store in one of them. Might stand out abit though when the revenue men call

• Registered Users Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

neris wrote: »
    Every good republican should have one...... can you imagine the amount of cash youd store in one of them. Might stand out abit though when the revenue men call

*There's plenty room for the revenue men as well 😉

*joke

Tom in the first sentence. That has to be a record

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

sligojoek wrote: »
    Tom in the first sentence. That has to be a record

Kate, or Kaaaaaayyyyyyt as he pronounces it, hasn't had a mention in a while. She must have blotted her copybook, by not eating the porridge or something.

You'd think the shows researchers might do just a little homework - Kilkenny is a city you muppets, because a charter was granted to it in 1609.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Give Francis his own radio show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

This fella seems a bit high on his heels.

Jaysus, you'd want to be paid to go on holidays with yer man, not paying him. Odd though, he's looking for a dozen people who haven't traveled before but which have passports!

Give Francis his own radio show

And tell us when it's on, so we can avoid same :)

• Advertisement

Born and brought up in England, no wonder the good rector doesn't quite understand the ins and outs of the Tricolour..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement