Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What did he say now? I've the telly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

sligojoek wrote: »
    What did he say now? I've the telly on.

Nothing Joe, no mention of the fact that we will be going back to the racing in a few minutes or "thanks to the sports presenter". And now a lecture on the ills of alcohol. D'Arcy can f**k off, I listen to the radio in the afternoon for something entertaining, not for moral conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Two from today

Ray to Guest: so,you married your wife?

Ray how many pints of Guinness are drank at Cheltenham this week?

Guest 250,000?

Ray:a quarter of a million

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mothnot

Two from today

Ray how many pints of Guinness are drank at Cheltenham this week?

Guest 250,000?

Ray:a quarter of a million
    No.....He so poor.....lecturing on cigs and drink. I am switching him off and going to clean the gutters...!!!!
    or maybe I will clean the toilets......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Two from today

Ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

mothnot wrote: »
    No.....He so poor.....lecturing on cigs and drink. I am switching him off and going to clean the gutters...!!!!
    or maybe I will clean the toilets......

Clean out the cat's litter tray or do an 'arm scope' of you sewerage pipes down the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

They had one of the head honchos from RTE on the Last Word yesterday to discuss/defend staff salaries. To be honest I didn't hear much of the interview as the taxi driver was chinwaggin' with me through most of it. I did notice however that Rays salary hasn't been disclosed. Does anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

jooksavage wrote: »
    They had one of the head honchos from RTE on the Last Word yesterday to discuss/defend staff salaries. To be honest I didn't hear much of the interview as the taxi driver was chinwaggin' with me through most of it. I did notice however that Rays salary hasn't been disclosed. Does anyone know why?

2013/14 salaries announced. Ray will be next time. Matt brought it up and was told that Ray will most lightly be in top 10 next time.
    Did Mooney not cover all races during his show? Ray seems to begrudgingly cover the main race only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

2013/14 salaries announced. Ray will be next time. Matt brought it up and was told that Ray will most lightly be in top 10 next time.
    Did Mooney not cover all races during his show? Ray seems to begrudgingly cover the main race only.

Ah, cheers. "Top 10 next time" LOL. That kind of mealy mouthed answer says it all. At least RTE have the self awareness to know they're probably not getting value for money.

No, he said RTE were getting great value for money as wages were down 40% and in order to get the best you have to pay top dollar.
    Ray is no Gaybo, he's not even a Mooney, though I had to laugh yesterday when he had some guy on about giving up alcohol for a tear. Ray said " Well I won't be doing that, I like my drink".. Go on Ray, you tell those guys, ya rebel...

• Advertisement

Did he actually mention anything about it Joe. Cos when I heard him covering one of the races. He said "Talk to you after the break", then after the break there was the race coverage with one of the RTE sports heads, then another break and D'Arcy came back in with "We had a text in there about what we were talking about". As if the race had never happened.

With D'arcy seemingly not prepared to facilitate the racing in any way, can you imagine what a logistical nightmare that is for RTE to try to organise. What if a race is delayed, or the link to Cheltenham breaks down. Are they to employ a continuity person to segue between the two?

He did about five mins earlier, just mentioned, We have to go to Cheltenham, didn't squeeze the obligatory sigh out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

And I bet if he'd gone all gung-ho in support of Cheltenham, the comments would be:

"Ugh, another RTE presenter ramming Cheltenham down our throats. No wonder this country as a gambling problem."
    "Ugh, what a hypocrite! He's always on about the dangers of gambling!"

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

"I can't remember if he was found guilty or not, but he was put in prison".

I don't know who he's talking about, but I reckon I could take a good guess of the outcome of his court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I met that henry fella.............................what a fool.

Ray really hates Cheltenham, even goes over late for the race.

I hate it as well, turned off.

Its as Irish as Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

BuzzKill living up to his caricature! Simply extraordinary that he is allowed get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

They could have pushed the ad break to the end of the race, but yeah, his contempt for it is fairly obvious. He doesn't even acknowledge that it's even been on, it's like an extended ad break.

He got the Nuacht cancelled from the 3.30 slot. Wonder if Cheltenham will be on next year, though I can't see how RTE would cancel it.

Just noticed, Oliver Callan has him off to a tee, fake laugh and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just noticed, Oliver Callan has him off to a tee, fake laugh and all.

Must check that out.

Hope he has Ray's annoying pronunciation done correctly.

London is Lunndunn.

Eileen Dunne is Oileen Doone.

Subject is Soobject.

Discussion is disscooshion

Boils my piss.

Shamrock costs 500 quid odd and after the hand over its brought out the back and burned................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Red Kev wrote: »
    Wonder if Cheltenham will be on next year, though I can't see how RTE would cancel it.

He said last year would be the last year of going to Cheltenham as it was a legacy issue from Mooney's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

And all the shows before Mooney's too. I haven't backed a horse for years but I still like to listen to the races if I'm driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Sadly, i don't get on this thread much or even luckier listen to Ray, but one thing did come across the other day, the one thing he coveted very much to have a birth live on air!

On TodayFM i think it was Tuesday & when i heard on Anton Savage's show & with Pam at a farm with lambing season on & had a live birth on air, i immediately thought of D'arcy & thought of texting to him, "Ewe beauty Anton, had a live birth on air" albeit a lamb :p:p

Suppose he's off with the kids+wife+Will?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I bet we can "look forward" tomorrow to Rays exploits on Paddys day with Tom,Katie Jen and all their activities on the day.............................................................

...................yippie do ah!!

I just heard the radio announcer saying that "There will be updates from Chelthenham on The Ray D'Arcy show".

Would it not be more accurate to say "There will be updates from Cheltenham in spite of The Ray D'Arcy Show".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Didn't mooney have experts on the nags charity bets etc on his show during Cheltenham even though he probably wasn't into it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

jimmyw wrote: »
    I bet we can "look forward" tomorrow to Rays exploits on Paddys day with Tom,Katie Jen and all their activities on the day.............................................................

...................yippie do ah!!

I would say he is taking the day off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I would say he is taking the day off

CORRECT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement