Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I can imagine Rays face every time she mentions blow jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Total nutter who doesn't deserve the airtime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

swingking wrote: »
    Total nutter who doesn't deserve the airtime

Yeah, he should have stayed at Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

why does she keep saying blowjobs?

Seems quite keen on them, based on the radio interview.

And shure, why not.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Red Kev wrote: »
    Yeah, he should have stayed at Today FM.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

He's grand over there where I don't ever, ever, ever have to listen to him:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Buzzkill D'Arcy, another male superhero.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A sort of odd one out quiz from his Today FM days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Buzzkill D'Arcy, another male superhero.

maxresdefault.jpg

M

My council recently spent over €10k putting up 2 of those speed display signs which show the speed you are doing on a local road where to my knowledge not one single person has been killed or injured in 20 plus years and I have never seen a car ever drive wrecklessly with speed. This is at the same time where the local schools are crying out for money and contributions for parents to buy basic equipment for the school, fooking out and out disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I thought this was Dolores O'Riordan at first.

• Advertisement
    M

The faster the car the safer you are...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

He's grand over there where I don't ever, ever, ever have to listen to him:pac:

You're paying for him though, whether you like it or not. When he was on Today FM he was being paid by Communicorp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

You're paying for him though, whether you like it or not. When he was on Today FM he was being paid by Communicorp.
    If my paying for him means he stays over on Radio 1, it's a sacrifice I will gladly make so the stations I actually listen to are Darcy-free.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I nearly crashed the car when she started talking about BlowJobs. Darcy didnt know what to say, but shur what new there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

Listening to the RD show a few days ago I picked up on the following:- there apparently was a protest at one of the 1916 events by a group of hotel or hospital workers and they were very upset that the protest was not reported on in the media - especially radio. Ray apparently turned up to support the protest. Approx a few days afterwards Ray brought on a spokesperson - a lady- from the group onto his show to get their issue more into the public domain.
    I feel very uncomfortable with this as my TV licence fee is now being used to to overtly support the personal desires of this TV presenter.
    Should such presenters be seen as officially neutral? Should they behave as a professional facilitator ie not take sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Field east wrote: »
    Listening to the RD show a few days ago I picked up on the following:- there apparently was a protest at one of the 1916 events by a group of hotel or hospital workers and they were very upset that the protest was not reported on in the media - especially radio. Ray apparently turned up to support the protest. Approx a few days afterwards Ray brought on a spokesperson - a lady- from the group onto his show to get their issue more into the public domain.
    I feel very uncomfortable with this as my TV licence fee is now being used to to overtly support the personal desires of this TV presenter.
    Should such presenters be seen as officially neutral? Should they behave as a professional facilitator ie not take sides?

You should listen to the show before ray, you,ll have steam coming out you ears by 2:30 listening to the personal agenda and interests of the host

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Was that not the people who are homeless and living in hotels?
    They were to stage a protest on the day of the big parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Field east

NIMAN wrote: »
    Was that not the people who are homeless and living in hotels?
    They were to stage a protest on the day of the big parade.

You are probably right but it does not change the principal of the point that I was making. Tks for your clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ray makes his own custard. Gripping stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I would love to see the running order for the show,

1. Making custard from scratch
    2. Review of my talk show from Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I would love to see the running order for the show,

1. Making custard from scratch
    2. Review of my talk show from Saturday
    3. A text from "Trucker Jim" with tears welling up in his eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

sligojoek wrote: »
    3. A text from "Trucker Jim" with tears welling up in his eyes.

does he still get the emotional 6ft truckers and parents dancing around the kitchen with their kid/kids

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Delamere is deeply unfunny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭goochy

Delemere was interviewed in the Mail and interviewer found him quite odd, he was very secretive about where he lived in North Dublin and when she mentioned his father - he said hes not here with us in interview so didn't want to be telling her anything about him when he wasn't there !
    liked him on the Panel but didn't like his live show. He is a biffo !

.... and straight into the misery.

Is it my imagination, or is Ray's lip-slapping getting a lot worse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 794 ✭✭✭TheHillOfDoom

finally an interesting topic.

Interesting to hear Ray's thought on this, as he is real anti-republican.

Fascinating interview.

Its certainly more interesting than the TV programme about Shane.

I can't understand why Ray is finding it so hard to understand why Shane did what he did. Many did it, all over the world. Just because Ray wouldn't have, but he wasn't living in Derry and being beat up by the RUC. Perhaps if he had of been, he woul dhave got angry and joined up?

He is asking just a little too dumbfounded.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its certainly more interesting than the TV programme about Shane.

I can't understand why Ray is finding it so hard to understand why Shane did what he did. Many did it, all over the world. Just because Ray wouldn't have, but he wasn't living in Derry and being beat up by the RUC. Perhaps if he had of been, he woul dhave got angry and joined up?

He is asking just a little too dumbfounded.

I think Ray is dumbfounded because Shane is an intelligent and articulate contrite man who was recruited at 15.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement