Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Jindar is a subsoil civil engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ray reading the thread

????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is he allowed to put this man on live radio without telling him?

joe duffy pulled that trick on some young girl who was working in dublin airport back in 2012 and got a bollicking for it. daa made a complaint to the bai and joe took a day off some months later to let someone read out an apology. was when the olympic team were coming back from london

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

"It's a damp, dark, wet, dreary day. "

Oh would you EVER f**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭buried

"Can't we all get along and not mention RTE presenters pay and bonuses"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

are ham and cheese sandwiches not bad for you and full of sugars and fats??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Ray does be loving the Porridge Sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A radio broadcast would need electricity for example, your radio show.

weve become very reliant on electricity says ray.......... sweet little baby jesus

sugar sandwiches are very tasty, loadsa white sugar between 2 slices of ****e white bread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"It's a damp, dark, wet, dreary day. "

Oh would you EVER f**k off.

I would say there is spike in calls to the samaratians from three to ten past

tom and kate mention already

Just a thought, Ray, perhaps you shouldn't have got a dog in the first place, ye feckin' tool!

"You made a mistake 4 fences out".

Good man, Darcy, knock the winner, why don't you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭goochy

Ray asks the winning jockeys brother - do u normally cry ? so sensitive - could have said are you ok now or something ?

goochy wrote: »
    Ray asks the winning jockeys brother - do u normally cry ? so sensitive - could have said are you ok now or something ?

Bit hypocritical of D'Arcy to now try to be the jockey's pal when he wouldnt even introduce the races at Cheltenham last month. It was never mentioned why he did this, but I assume was some sort of protest against gambling be the pious little man that he is.

Bit hypocritical of D'Arcy to now try to be the jockey's pal when he wouldnt even introduce the races at Cheltenham last month. It was never mentioned why he did this, but I assume was some sort of protest against gambling be the pious little man that he is.

Ya gambling

Here we go now.

Anyone got a ladder, the tiny know it all needs help down off his high horse:rolleyes:

A mate of mine collapsed running an ultra marathon and almost died. He was only saved by a kidney transplant...............running is dangerous, ban it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

He's having an absolute wet dream reporting the terrible news of the UFC fighters passing, "questions will have to be asked"

So will questions have to be asked of the almighty GAA where 15 year olds are dropping dead on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A dog in a supermarket trolley is an idiotic idea, the place would be knee high in piss and **** in not time.

Ah he's a mental health expert now as well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He's having an absolute wet dream reporting the terrible news of the UFC fighters passing, "questions will have to be asked"

So will questions have to be asked of the almighty GAA where 15 year olds are dropping dead on the pitch?

A few days after a young girl died of a suspected brain haemorrhage while playing a GAA match, you try and use that example to point-score.

That's shameful IMO.

:mad:

Less talk more action he says...................after a 25 min radio interview, how ironic.

BPKS wrote: »
    A few days after a young girl died of a suspected brain haemorrhage while playing a GAA match, you try and use that example to point-score.

That's shameful IMO.

:mad:

I disagree, where was the public outcry ?

Where was Ray when the runner died at the Dublin half marathon last Sept ??

Where was he when a cyclist died last week ?

He has a problem with MMA and he jumped on it.

Look at yesterday, gives out about gambling and then licks a jockeys back side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I disagree, where was the public outcry ?

Where was Ray when the runner died at the Dublin half marathon last Sept ??

Where was he when a cyclist died last week ?

He has a problem with MMA and he jumped on it.

Look at yesterday, gives out about gambling and then licks a jockeys back side.

If some fella gets the sh1t kicked out of him in a pub or on the street and he dies from the head injuries he received there usually is some form of public outcry. Its a sad incident (but not an accident), the death is from injuries sustained in the attack. The person or people who inflicted the injuries will more than likely be brought before the courts.

If some fella is out cycling on a Saturday morning and he gets knocked off his bike by a car coming up behind him by a motorist who wasn't paying enough attention, then that's also an accident but the motorist will more than likely be brought before the courts.

If a young person is out playing a soccer or GAA match and collapses and dies due to some medical condition they didn't know they had (e.g. heart condition, brain haemorrhage etc) then that is a tragic accident. Its nobodies fault.

Health screening is something that is overlooked in this country but generally it is advised on a risk based scenario. There are far too many people involved in running marathons, half marathons, 10ks etc that are putting themselves at risk because of their age, lack of suitable fitness, medical conditions (known and unknown). If I am a 45 year old man who never took part in sport until I hit a mid life crisis and then started cycling a few hundred miles a week or running 30 or 40 miles a week, then I would most definitely be advocating they get full health screening prior to taking up these pursuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I see that the Swedish Tourist Board aren't happy with him ringing that number and putting people on radio without first telling them. They'd like to think that the radio show remembers their ethics in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I see that the Swedish Tourist Board aren't happy with him ringing that number and putting people on radio without first telling them. They'd like to think that the radio show remembers their ethics in future.

Wait, he was putting people on air without telling them?

Wasn't he up in arms after that nurse committed suicide after that Australian prank call a few years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, they weren't told until a couple of minutes into the interview.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement