Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Wait, he was putting people on air without telling them? Wasn't he up in arms after that nurse committed suicide after that Australian prank call a few years ago?

Let the record show that I, PeterTheEighth, did question whether it was wise to bring those people on air without telling them. I had a funny feeling at the time that they had carried out the conversation earlier in the day, then subsequently got permission to play it out on the air as if it was live.

In the same way that half the acts on the Late Late are introduced as being live, even though nobody watching is ever fooled by the audience looking blankly at the empty stage as they play the video. Then cut to the band (who by that stage are in Russia) looking over to where Tubridy sits and giving a thumbs up and smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Wait, he was putting people on air without telling them?

Wasn't he up in arms after that nurse committed suicide after that Australian prank call a few years ago?

RTE are using the clip to advertise the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Wait, he was putting people on air without telling them?

Wasn't he up in arms after that nurse committed suicide after that Australian prank call a few years ago?

He has more faces than a rubix cube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Here's the link to the story in the Journal, http://www.thejournal.ie/ray-darcy-sweden-2712471-Apr2016/
    Asked whether the terms and conditions of the app covered such an eventuality, the STA spokesperson said “it’s not ok”.
    “The stations that have contacted me, I have said very clearly that they must first ask if the person they are calling wants to be in a live broadcast.”
    Told that an Irish station had put random Swedes on air without asking first, the spokesperson responded:
    Let’s hope they keep their media ethics for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

BPKS wrote: »
    A few days after a young girl died of a suspected brain haemorrhage while playing a GAA match, you try and use that example to point-score.

That's shameful IMO.

:mad:

There's no virtual point scoring going on here, we're adults not children and if point scoring on a discussion board is your game then you must have very little else to be dealing with, and I wasn't referring to that tragic story but there have been numerous cases on SDS on GAA pitches around the country over the last few years but people are scared shítless to question whether the GAA are over training youths because they are brainwashed into thinking that the GAA is somehow infallible and unanswerable, Ireland in the most part have woken up to the Catholic Church and no longer fear priests or hold them on a pedestal and it's about time they woke up to the archaic mafia that is the GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There's no virtual point scoring going on here, we're adults not children and if point scoring on a discussion board is your game then you must have very little else to be dealing with, and I wasn't referring to that tragic story but there have been numerous cases on SDS on GAA pitches around the country over the last few years but people are scared shítless to question whether the GAA are over training youths because they are brainwashed into thinking that the GAA is somehow infallible and unanswerable, Ireland in the most part have woken up to the Catholic Church and no longer fear priests or hold them on a pedestal and it's about time they woke up to the archaic mafia that is the GAA.

A tad dramatic?

Where is your evidence that the incidents of sudden adult deaths that have occurred on GAA pitches have been due to over-training. That is total BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I get the feeling than when Darcy and his "ilk" heard the news of the death yesterday they were delighted. They had something to further their agenda against a sport of which they have precisely zero knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

gimmick wrote: »
    I get the feeling than when Darcy and his "ilk" heard the news of the death yesterday they were delighted. They had something to further their agenda against a sport of which they have precisely zero knowledge.

of course they did, sure joe duffy was practically creaming himself on air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

neris wrote: »
    of course they did, sure joe duffy was practically creaming himself on air
    Ah, will you go easy on the similes.

That's not an image I ever want in my head:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That seems to be the stock answer in support a 'sport' which has issues.

You don't need to have too much 'knowledge ' to know that punching a defenceless person numerous times on the head can have very bad results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was he trying to do an english accent for Chris Evans there?? :rolleyes:

Ray, why dont you tell Eamonn what you really think of Enda Kenny.

He's 63 Ray.............its called research, try it sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That seems to be the stock answer in support a 'sport' which has issues.

You don't need to have too much 'knowledge ' to know that punching a defenceless person numerous times on the head can have very bad results.

You are clearly in the same camp as Ray in that your knowledge is pretty limited of the sport.

Rugby is far more dangerous "pursuit" than MMA, but the Irish media will only continue to fawn over our brave losers in green for some reason. One would think there may be a narrative to it all.

However, this is all very off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You are clearly in the same camp as Ray in that your knowledge is pretty limited of the sport.

Rugby is far more dangerous "pursuit" than MMA, but the Irish media will only continue to fawn over our brave losers in green for some reason. One would think there may be a narrative to it all.

However, this is all very off topic.

Is it ?

It was an issue discussed on Ray's show today.

Like I said one doesn't need knowledge to realise that punching a defenceless person on the head several times can have bad results.

Sorry bout that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Is it ?

It was an issue discussed on Ray's show today.

Like I said one doesn't need knowledge to realise that punching a defenceless person on the head several times can have bad results.

Sorry bout that.

But it's not a defenceless person, they both willingly go into the cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Deedsie wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that is a twisted logic, someone who is knocked out, lying on their back regardless of an earlier decision to enter a cage is defenceless. I'm a fan of the sport but it is fairly disgusting seeing a person unable to defend themselves (defenceless) being bombed to the head with repeated closed fists.

Can't disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He has more faces than a rubix cube.

Or shandon in cork. Four face liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jenny Jenny Jenny. Cauliflower Cauliflower Cauliflower

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

2014 survey ? Good job on keeping current ray.

• Advertisement

I noticed yesterday he didn't mention the best time to get it on was 22:24 on a sat night...............right in the middle of his tv show.

Winning Streak - what a load of hairy b0llox

Was Ray not making these same arguments when he was not working for RTE?

I love when David McSavage comes on one of the RTE shows, really unnerves the host.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

So much stuttering

"I'll pay it for you".

What does that mean? Ray doesnt take 120 quid from his huge wage this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I would have loved to have seen this convo happen when Ray was working in TodayFM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

McSavage not paying licence as protest and Ray (him being flush) offers to pay it...

This is the weirdest piece of radio i've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

What next, Ray offering to pay Oliver callans licence because he says Ray's show is sh1te!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement